Splicer
42 posts

Re: The characters are all TOTALLY balanced.

Oct 26, 2012

I don't think anyone here worried about patching. I think it was stated that there is a challenge to balancing, balancing one offsets another. You **bleep** one player off, you **bleep** them all off.

I think the point is that the design of the game kinda begets balance, in some ways. You can't win just by hitting. So getting lucky isn't going to be enough to win a match. Characters will always be complained about in terms of balance. In any game I've played, from CoD to WoW to SFIV, most people think something they love is being nerfed. Just kind of the nature of gaming.

If you ask me, patching has spoiled us.

In the end, though - and here I agree with you - they will always patch. Every game that has ever or will ever come out again (at least major and most minor releases) will be getting constant updates at least a few months after it's release.

Message 11 of 40 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Oct 26, 2012

YogurtStorm wrote:  Sweet Tooth who is (in MY opinion) ALL about the Level 3 super,

Dude, I completely agree with you. My challenge is I can't build meter. With PaRappa I had "Tutorial" so I was able to practice some high AP+ combos. Obviously, though, that's not possible with the others without a training room. Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 40 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Yeah I agree with You Yogurtstorm too!!!!! I think the characters so far are ALL Balanced !!! I mean... there's nothing wrong with that at all !!! Smiley Very Happy <3

Heart Heart RAYMAN Heart Heart

RAYMAN'S GIRL/LOVER/WIFE/STALKER/ADMIRER 3333333333
My Account on Anivide!!!
http://www.anivide.com/user/Sexygamergirl

A GAMER.
A COSPLAYER
A FUN AND FRIENDLY ALSO HYPER GIRL.
REMEMBER THIS FOREVER.........
I AM A FOREVER RAYMAN FANGIRL AND GAMER.
A JIM CARRY FAN
I LOVE & SUPPORT THE FRENCH AND UK ACCENTS AND COUNTRY.

Message 13 of 40 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 27, 2012
I'm glad that many of you agree that in general, all characters playable to date are very much balanced!
Message 14 of 40 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Oct 27, 2012

Agreed! I found this video of Clock and Omar playing Maj and some other SB guy, with Maj and the SB guy playing as Kratos and Radec. They all seemed pretty balanced.

Message 15 of 40 (88 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Oct 27, 2012

If you have any brain at all, you'll take advantage of every opponents weaknesses. With Kratos, his long striking can be a downfall if you dodge forwards right before he's in range. Radec giving you trouble from a distance with is sniper rifle? Just dodge through it since it's telegraphed and easily avoided.

If you can't take advantage of openings and counter/punish effectively, you probably shouldn't be playing a fighting game.

Message 16 of 40 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Oct 27, 2012
_
But now they are complaining about Sly being OP because his invisibility never runs out and his moves can go under bullets and his teleport is too good. Who's next to be called OP? Fat Princess? Spike? Sackboy?

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 17 of 40 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
886 posts

Oct 27, 2012
Very well said
sora signature photo: signature Sora.png
Funny allstars vid! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodONCh8mxA eager face photo: Eager face thSpongeBobBandGeeks.gif
Message 18 of 40 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 27, 2012
So far... It's always been one thing or another anyway. I stopped keeping track then decided to just keep practicing ;- )
Message 19 of 40 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Oct 27, 2012
No fighting game is balanced...Superbot knows this which is why there monitering which moves are used most and least, AP gain rate, etc. Parappa was OP as hell in the first beta...I guess thats why its called a beta?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicxxspadezxx
Message 20 of 40 (69 Views)
0 Likes