Oct 26 2012
By: YogurtStorm I Only Post Everything 993 posts

The characters are all TOTALLY balanced.

39 replies 535 views Edited Oct 26, 2012
You whiners about OP characters are just confused. You may as well keep playing at this point, only way you'll ever get good. If you have X problem against X character, odds are:

- You need more practice. This goes with game, so I'm Mr. Captain Obvious

- You're not thinking outside the box. If you're not able to defeat THIS character using THAT character, stop and think why. Maybe you're not using right attacks at the right time, maybe your combat strategy needs a minor restructuring.

- You're not OBSERVING as much as you are playing. Whether an enemy or a team mate, same character as yours or a different one... Read them. If you see a player kicking **bleep**, play close attention to how he plays. How he moves, attacks, his combos or even just his behavior. I learned MANY sweet combos with Parappa by looking at other good Parappa players. You'll learn more about YOUR character this way AND you'll get a sense of typical ( yet always relative to some extent ). behavior for other characters.

I can personally say ; after playing the Beta since August in it's various forms, this game remains as solid as ever. I know the characters now, to the point where I can kick butt with a completely random selection of the current six.

It's about knowing ALL the characters. Not just YOURS.

Thank you for reading
Message 1 of 40 (535 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Re: The characters are all TOTALLY balanced.

Oct 26, 2012
I agree, any character can beat any character in a match when they are used right. I bet 3 Kratos with Sweet Tooth once(btw.felt so GREAT!).
Message 2 of 40 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Yes! Thank you!
Every character is good

Message 3 of 40 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 26, 2012
ST is kinda to beat Kratos with, I beat 3 Kratos's with Parappa
Anticipating: PlayStation All-Stars, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Message 4 of 40 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 26, 2012

While I do think that most of the outcries about various characters being OP right now should be ignored, it really is very nearly impossible to have a perfectly balanced 20 character roster with so many different styles of play. I do believe certain characters will dominate competitions and tournaments (especially 1v1), but at this point there is no way to know which characters will be the ones dominating. There has never and likely will never be a PERFECT balance in a fighting game, but I do think that the beta is fairly balanced and I have high hopes for the final product. There are things that gamers will figure out that the game developers did not see coming, it happens in pretty much every major release and this will be no exception.

tl;dr: Unless all characters play in exactly the same way, balance can never be 100% perfect.

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Message 5 of 40 (476 Views)
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 26, 2012
^agreed
Kind-of Anticipating: God of War: Ascension, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Aliens: Colonial Marines
Message 6 of 40 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I hope you all realize that SB has the ability to tweak the game post launch.  And by using data analysis, they can make changes that can help the balance out.  I don't think they will just let this game go to waste if they don't get it quite right out of the door.  It's amazing that some people think that once it's out in the world, that's it.  No more balancing.  They have said on numerous occasions that they can and will be patching for balance purposes.   

Message 7 of 40 (462 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 26, 2012
^already known by me
Message 8 of 40 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

THANK YOU Finally a topic where people aren't complaining about Radec or Kratos OP and this and that.. I agree Every character can beat any character They all have good moves to rack up AP and get KOS

Message 9 of 40 (454 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
993 posts

Oct 26, 2012
I do believe it is possible, but it will absolutely be relative to the game mode and it's rules and restrictions. It's obvious that for a character like Sweet Tooth who is (in MY opinion) ALL about the Level 3 super, it will may not be in your best interest when under a strict time limit (as the lv3 can be long to achieve) or if you're playing a team match (thus limiting potential kills by far).

I do very strongly believe, however, that in a non-timed match, it is possible to have an absolutely fair fight against any of the characters.

I'm not against any potential future changes, as I've dealt with the ones that already took place... But i just (as of yet) don't personally see the need for it.

My two cents!
Message 10 of 40 (444 Views)
0 Likes