Jan 24 2013
By: cj5293 Lombax Warrior 214 posts

The belt system is shocking

12 replies 394 views Edited Jan 24, 2013

"Lost conenction to host? Why here's -13 belt points. That should cheer you up"

"You came 2nd? Not good enough. -5 points"

"1st place! Nice! Here's 1 point"

Seriously this belt system is really puzzling, not to mention the points loss for the host disconnecting...

I remember Omar posting an article stated how you earn belt points but it feels as though it hasnt been implemented.

Please Respond
Message 1 of 13 (394 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Re: The belt system is shocking

Jan 24, 2013
Works for me o-o
if host leaves i dont lose any points..
Message 2 of 13 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

Jan 24, 2013

cj5293 wrote:

"Lost conenction to host? Why here's -13 belt points. That should cheer you up"

"You came 2nd? Not good enough. -5 points"

"1st place! Nice! Here's 1 point"

Seriously this belt system is really puzzling, not to mention the points loss for the host disconnecting...

I remember Omar posting an article stated how you earn belt points but it feels as though it hasnt been implemented.

Agreed! I hate the belt system! Also the fact that we have to wait so long for titles really was a buzzkill.

Message 3 of 13 (308 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Yup would love to have some clearance on this one. Win Close up to 8 points in 2v2. win with a huge points difference less points. Maybe an official statement?

Message 4 of 13 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

Jan 24, 2013

My game froze during the level 3 animation someone was doing when I restarted I lost -11 belt points. Best game i've ever played.

Message 5 of 13 (294 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

Are you guys at black belt? because thats why you don't gain anything for a win. If I get second and just 1 player in the match happens to not be a black belt, I lose like 5-9 BP, but If I get 1st against all black belts I go up like 5-9 BP. If I win against 3 brown belts I get like 2-3 bp. 2nd with all black belts in the game actually gives you 1-2 BP depending on your score.

Your not just gonna get 30 BP or sump for beating up on some noobies. I do not agree with second place losing BP, the worst that should happen is you don't gain anything unless the guy in 1st was like WAY below your skill level. The system could use some tweaking but its pretty good if you ask me. Although I am not top 100 on the leaderboards I still have yet to fall below black belt, you win some you lose some, if you deserve the rank you will keep it.

Your right about how much it sucks to lose BP due to some lame connectivity issue or something. I accidentally hit my Vita home button at the start of a match vs a bunch of noobs and I lost like 25 BP I was furious lol but I got it back so whateva.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 6 of 13 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Heres my No Joke Post:

I was in a match last night. didnt doo to well, i got -1 points. Took me from 99 Red Belt to 86 Red Belt.

Next Match

I dominated with 11 kills (3x overtime) my score was idk, but i went from 86. . . .to 89 -_-

NEXT MATCH

i lost: 89 TO 80!!!

i was sitting there, with beakers and blueprints, maps and assorted gizmos, trying to figure out what this fickle belt system

Message 7 of 13 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Heh, The black belt is now a symbol of patience instead of skill now that I think about it
Message 8 of 13 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 24, 2013

I have to agree that the belt system is a bit of a troll. It's not a bad system, but it's a pain to get your belt up. Honestly, I'm not trying to complain about the spammers, or anything, but having to deal with people who spam makes my life a lot harder. In all seriousness, I had a match against a Ratchet, Heihachi and Radec on Stowaway, and I got destroyed because the Ratchet kept grabbing me over and over again. His grab his truly unfair range, so I kept getting caught up in it no matter what. If you get anywhere near him, you're caught, it so unfair. At one point, he grabbed me, and then got shot by Radec's Level 1 Super and it killed us both. Another time, he grabbed me, and spit me off of the edge. When I got teleported back to the middle and stunned, Heihachi killed me. Things like that make me upset about the belt system because it's so easy to lose BP just by getting into match with a nooby spammer. I've been green belt for far too long now, and I feel like I've worked hard enough to be the next belt rank. Maybe I should start using people with more effective level 1 supers....

Message 9 of 13 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Jan 24, 2013

The belt system is terrible.  I'm at a black belt, but I haven't decided to play anymore after acquiring it.  I just play non ranked since it's more fun.  I can play other characters and not worry about if I win or loss.

2v2 ranking is better because you don't have to worry about bad luck FFA losses like idiots who don't know how to play feeding points to Sly players or Kratos players, etc.

Message 10 of 13 (170 Views)
0 Likes