Jul 30 2012
By: psychoticmantis Wastelander 609 posts

The Worst Supers in the game IMO.

27 replies 294 views Edited Jul 30, 2012

I want to talk about a few Supers that I feel are subpar, and need to be changed alittle, since I know it's too late to change them.

First and foremost Drakes lvl 2, ugh! By pure design it seems too ineffective for a lvl 2, comparing this to supers like Kuma or Sly's is an unfair. Hoefully you can speed it up and let the pieces fall further. Drakes lvl 3 can be better from an epic standpoint but it works.

Second Kratos' lvl 2, once again unfair compared to other supers it doesnt have much range and only has benifit when you're standing under a group of opponents, which most stages don't allow.

Third Jak's lvl 2, to be honest... I don't know what Jak's lvl 2 is, is it only a counter and if so how does that make sense.

Message 1 of 28 (294 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: The Worst Supers in the game IMO.

Jul 30, 2012
I think the Supers you named are fine simply because they suck to balance the characters. Nobody has 3 amazing Supers, nor should they. Jak's got a great lvl1 and 3 and has speedy buildup, as does Kratos. Drake has an excellent lvl3 (almost on par with Big Daddy IMO), and a pretty good lvl1, so I think his lvl2 also fits. I personally like that each character has a drawback, because it forces players to play situationally and change strategies greatly based on who they are.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 28 (283 Views)
Sackboy
528 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2012

Drakes LvL 2 super is alright to me.  You just have to make sure you're standing in the right place to get most people.  It's also long enough where someone has a quick chance to escape if they can.  Almost every video I see of his LvL 2 gets at least 2 kills because usually those 2 players were distracted by each other.  A bit of a raise in the speed he pushes it would be alright with me though.  I do believe that they could add a bit more effect to his LvL 3 super. (Make it look cooler)

Again, for Kratos's LvL 2 super, you have to be at the right place at the right time or it's pretty useless.

Jak's LvL 2 is that he turns into Dark Jak and jumps around stomping the ground? (Someone clarify)  Apparently people are now telling me that it's only a counter.  The trailer makes it look useless as he only does one stomp, but I heard people on the forums saying that he does it a couple of times so we'll see.  

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 3 of 28 (246 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 30, 2012
  • Big Daddy's level 1: slow off the bat and only kills in the arc, meaning if you're near BD, there's a good chance you won't get hit by it. Terrible super in general.
  • Jak and Daxter's level 2: This may be the worse super so far in the entire game. For a level 2, it only serves as a counter, the blast radius is small and you can avoid by rolling under him.
  • Kratos' level 2: It's good in platforming maps like Sandover Village but terrible in straight stages like Hades. Very situational and in general, much worse than his level 1 and 3.
  • Sweet Tooth's level 2: Again, situational. His level 1 builds up so fast it basically makes the homing missile redundant. Very hard to get 3 kills with too.
  • Fat Princess' level 3: With that level 1 and 2, I don't know why anyone would use her level 3 aside from the cool cinematics. Her chicken can easily get you 2 kills and with some skill and luck, 3-4 as well. Hell, her level 1 is an easy 1-2 kills. Plus it takes too long to build up to her level 3.
Message 4 of 28 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jul 30, 2012
where did you see jak's and drake's level 2 supers?

I don't like any of Kratos's supers...they all have huge weaknesses.
Message 5 of 28 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Shatner, I've heard that the FP lvl3 was actually pretty decent from people that played the beta.

I personally think all characters deserve a great Super, a decent one, and a crappy one, all of which are good in certain situations.
ecdf9e46
Message 6 of 28 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Kratos' level 2 covers a big vertical space. Ive seen a skilled Kratos kill 3 people the problem is people are not using characters to their strengths.
Message 7 of 28 (214 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Supers are all different. You don't understand them if you say any are bad, thats just stupid. Its a fighting game and there are always different styles that completely contrast eachother. They aren't bad, they are different. You have to know how to use them
Message 8 of 28 (210 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 30, 2012

xTao wrote:
Kratos' level 2 covers a big vertical space. Ive seen a skilled Kratos kill 3 people the problem is people are not using characters to their strengths.

This.

ecdf9e46
Message 9 of 28 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Jul 30, 2012
I've gotten a chance to play as Drake at the PS All-Stars booth at Evo a little while ago, to be honest I didn't really care for his supers all that much. I couldn't figure out how to shoot the propane tank for his level 1, and the pillar falls way too slowly for his level 2. His level 3 is okay since it's an instant kill with Eddy's gun.
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 10 of 28 (199 Views)
0 Likes