Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: The Roster

Dec 21, 2012
Oh mr bob your words of wisdom are great but I don't think they'll go through those meat heads unfortunately :/
Message 21 of 43 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Dec 21, 2012

This needs to be stickied.

Message 22 of 43 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 21, 2012

bob why are you trying to cover SB mistakes seriously? what content brawl had? what content does PASBR have? if you go that way we get crappy titles , awful backgrounds that are covered by some random boring icons and the belts , an arcade mode with pictures (which looks like fighting games did on the snes era) and one cutscene for a rivarly, the only thing worth are the animations for intros taunts outros and the extra costume wic you unlock in like 1 hour or even less theres is nothing left you get nothing for winning those boring **bleep** combat trials  you dont even unlock anything at all by doing them  dont defend this game has good content becuase it doesnt and you cant deny that  also if you gonna go for ssb melee had 2 years of dev time and it had way more and more content than this and its a **bleep** gamecube game and gamecube sucked really bad

even in ssbm we could see trophys with info about every stage,character and item to know what they do, where do they come from and we could see its 3d models and such  in PASBR they just putted a copy past character info there and we dont get to know **bleep** about the items or even stages and we cant even see them in detail unless you pause your game on versus and the camera wont even let you look at it  that well at all do you say making something with info on the items,stages and mashup would take tons of time? it would be take models which are already on the game with a discription alongside them how hard would that be?i have no clue where the very few items(even items are preety low on number) are from and sometimes i dont even know how to use them correctly since there is no info at all on them.

Also is the dev time also to blame for such a bland menu´s? it looks like we are opening the **bleep** windows  start menu its so bland and dead it hurts ,didnt they have some art direction guy to even look at it? how could they choose something like that i dont remenber seeing a menu so bad ever period, that is  like that thread how do you know the menu is bad? becuase ppl are complaining about them and you dont ever see ppl saying bad things on games menus ever.

I like this game but im not gonna be a fanboy and say everything is perfect, alot of things that shouldnt have even be released like they did like lets make pal users test an untested patch and make them being unable to boot the disc for several days(i wonder if they even got a legal actin for that really you know how many ppl returned the disc to the stores becuase they tough it was broken? that has to cost money on sony), and balancing is so good thay that needed to nerf sackboy on the first week and in every match you see atleast a raiden,kratos or sly i wonder why too i played with them and i felt really cheap on how easy it was to win without even trying thats why i use spike right now i dont like to fell cheap at all they fell like if your picking metaknight everytime in brawl.

Message 23 of 43 (177 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Dec 21, 2012
You don't need more characters to make a good party fighter. If you want proof, the first Smash game had less stages/characters/modes yet people loved it! All you could do in that game was Arcade, Practice, The-Minigames, and Versus. I honestly think Smash just spoiled a lot of people and are expecting it to be the same.

Also quit whining on how bland the menus are. Plenty of other games have simpler menus and by GOLLY, it's the FREAKIN MENU. It's not like it's affecting gameplay, I think gamers... again... are just too spoiled these days.

~GL
#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 24 of 43 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9913 posts

Dec 21, 2012
OP nailed it. I gave a standing ovation for that. And did someone say "Lack of difference in the roster"? Smash has an insane amount of clones.

Evil Cole isn't even a clone, since he has original moves and supers. Not to mention the diversity within the roster itself.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 25 of 43 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

@pedro702 The game isn't perfect but I don't think you should be so harsh on it since it's the first of a franchise and it will be 3rd party IP owners that will be the make or break for it in the next installment or for future DLC.

Message 26 of 43 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 21, 2012
"Then stop acting like the game should be how you like it. Be a good consumer and speak your mind by not being annoying on the forum and not buy the game. Your money speaks. You are just being an irritant by constantly whining about things that cannot be changed at this point (it is even worse when you did not even buy the game because you have no reason to whine like this). They are not going to make a free patch with all 500 characters and stages you want."

You hit it home with that one - I agree 100%. By the way stop with the 'SSB/SSBM/SSBB are on inferior consoles and still packed more content in' bs. You do understand Nintendo was commited to make it a successful franchise right ? They pushed them as a huge releases & invested a LOT of money into creating it with a large team. PSABR was more like an experiment in comparison, a small team created to build the game from scratch, which takes a lot longer then you think (so cut the crap about 3 years being a long time), you notice how drastically different their announcement build is to the final one ? That was within a years work in itself. If the indications are correct and we are indeed getting a sequel, expect it to be bigger and better - if Sony has seen this as a viable franchise opportunity, you can bet them to go all out when it returns for round 2.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 43 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Probably should've seperate everything after '100%' into its own paragraph, as it stands - it looks like it's directed at bob lol.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 28 of 43 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Amen my brother! Testify! Testify!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 29 of 43 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I like this thread so kudos to you bob maul
But crash and sypro were owned by universal that's why its so hard for them to be revived and obvs no new games and kinda died (not in our hearts) so Sony don't see them as top priority over others

(am guessing)

Maybe if there were still owned by naughty dog and insomniac it would be a different story.
but I can't wish upon that because ratchet n jam wouldn't off been born lol
Message 30 of 43 (125 Views)
0 Likes