Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
768 posts

Re: The Roster

Dec 21, 2012

*RESPONSE* But this is a different generation! There is no excuse!

-Blazblue, a beloved franchise of this generation, only had 8 characters. 

-And look at the 20 you get! Besides the 2 Coles, none of them play alike at all besides a few similarities like being able to roll and block. Smash is clone galore! Fox, Falco, Wolf, Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi (Melee), Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtew, Lucario (copy, paste, edit is seen perfectly with these two). This game has 18 unique characters and the two that are similar only share a few moves!

mixing clones from melee and brawl together to make it looks like it has way more clones is really wrong lol first you dont put the original char as a clone  the clones arent fox falco and wolf the clones are falco and wolf   and when you can prove lucario and mewtwo wich arent even on the same game are clones call me, really sharing a charging  spherecally neutral B doesnt make them clones  then i guess you can say samus is a lucario and mewtwo clone if you go that way and drake,ratchet,jak and radec are clones because they can fire a gunshoots horizontally.

brawl has 39 characters if you count the transforming chars  which have unique movesets and it has falco,wolf,ganon,toon link and lucas as clones wich if you take them out you still have 34 original characters with unike movesets

dont bury yourself  really dont go there

also i saw PASBR iso size and its tiny really it really shows the content on this game disk is really low they could have atleast make a stage for every character in the game would have been that hard to make a stage or a mashup for every character did they had to have several characters owning a mashup and a stage? there is no excuse for the lack of stages on this game.

if this game had more alt costumes i bet ppl would even notice the 20 chars game if it had alt costumes of another character  for example radec having sev(the good killzone guys) or even nathan hale(since they dont want to include a resistance rep) and so on adding alt costumes would make ppl fell they were playing with a diferent char  having only one unlock alt costume also made this roster fell tiny if every char had another char that would play the same ppl would have been hapier, i would atleast.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 43 (182 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I think making Nathan Hale a costume for Radec would cause a few riots around the world.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 43 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

lets turn the clock back bit mate, first super smash bros game had 9 maps and 12 characters. You can say PSAS is next gen game, but the thing is new company like Superbot has to approve the business concept first before the 3rd party people want their characters on it. New companies also maybe do not have staff/resources/money to work so fast and make tons of content, people are being really close minded and unrealistic about this.

I bet sequel will be most likely to have much wider content. What comes for snake/cloud/spyro/crash is just that they are really hard to obtain due legal stuff, but i think this will be sorted out atleast on Sequel.

So please stop whining about crap kids.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 43 (170 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12639 posts

Dec 21, 2012

pedro702 wrote:

*RESPONSE* But this is a different generation! There is no excuse!

-Blazblue, a beloved franchise of this generation, only had 8 characters. 

-And look at the 20 you get! Besides the 2 Coles, none of them play alike at all besides a few similarities like being able to roll and block. Smash is clone galore! Fox, Falco, Wolf, Capt. Falcon, Ganondorf, Link, Toon Link, Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi (Melee), Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtew, Lucario (copy, paste, edit is seen perfectly with these two). This game has 18 unique characters and the two that are similar only share a few moves!

mixing clones from melee and brawl together to make it looks like it has way more clones is really wrong lol first you dont put the original char as a clone  the clones arent fox falco and wolf the clones are falco and wolf   and when you can prove lucario and mewtwo wich arent even on the same game are clones call me, really sharing a charging  spherecally neutral B doesnt make them clones  then i guess you can say samus is a lucario and mewtwo clone if you go that way and drake,ratchet,jak and radec are clones because they can fire a gunshoots horizontally.

brawl has 39 characters if you count the transforming chars  which have unique movesets and it has falco,wolf,ganon,toon link and lucas as clones wich if you take them out you still have 34 original characters with unike movesets

dont bury yourself  really dont go there

also i saw PASBR iso size and its tiny really it really shows the content on this game disk is really low they could have atleast make a stage for every character in the game would have been that hard to make a stage or a mashup for every character did they had to have several characters owning a mashup and a stage? there is no excuse for the lack of stages on this game.

You are misguided if you compare the amount of content in Brawl to All-Stars.

Firstly, you are comparing a multi-million dollar franchise with a ten year foundation to an unproven franchise given to a small developer that had yet to prove itself. You are also comparing it to a game with a much smaller development period. 5 year development compared to 3 year development with a much smaller team is TOTALLY an unfair comparison. Yet All-Stars trumps it in numerous ways.

Brawl is also a lot less complex than All-Stars whether it be combo systems (which brawl had NONE) or the super systems which is a lot more complex than "fall off the screen" especially considering the variety of supers. The balancing of characters in All-Stars is considerably harder with the complexity of each character, their AP gain, and the strength/AP requirement of each super. If you truly believe it is just "make a character" and "make a stage" you are truly mistaken.

Content on the disc is low? What truly did Brawl have besides more characters and stages? It had a boring, nonsensical stroy mode, stale mini-games, no complexity in its gameplay, and it also had the most laggy online ever to plague a fighter. At least All-Stars can be patched and only lags some of the time, not ALL of the time. 

14 stages (plus practice stages) are not a bad amount. It is on the low end, sure. But my friends and I tend to like every one of them and their mash-ups. How many stages in Brawl did you enjoy playing on? I enjoyed maybe half of them and Iknow many felt the same way. Look at how many only play Final Destination.

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 43 (155 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
340 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Spoken like a true gamer bob, kudos
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 43 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I'll say it **bleep** nerds, The roster sucks. The game gets boring due to lack of difference. Js, Now feel free to **bleep** about me saying it (-: And Crash and Spyro BELONG in this game. They were created by IS and ND So excuse people for wanting childhood memories that were made famous on ps1 in a game celebrating PlayStation. And plenty of games have free dlc. Your points much like THE ROSTER suck. This game has no depth whatsoever, it's like they said "Hey guys fu ck adding depth to our game! It has iconic characters, these re tards will buy it no matter what! :smileyvery-happy:" And then you always have the co ck riders like yourself who refuse to acknowledge the poor choices made by superbot (-:
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 43 (145 Views)
First Son
19 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Sir your a **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 43 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Its a good and addictive game...thats true.

but you cannot denied, that the game lacks of a lot of things..

...i almost played with every character around, and the stage start to looks like a small amount...

20 character is still a low number (im not compared with smash)...but SONY have a lot of characters-arenas-minnions.items to put..

Well...we know already, that Team ICO, dont wanna...and maybe Jorney (that game compañy) neither in the future...

But...what is the reason of have a lot of franchises, if sony doesnt use them...

Granturrismo, Motorstorm, Unfinished Swan, Modnation racers, Tiny Tank, Heavy rain,Primal, Jumping Flash,Tomba, ICO, shadow of colossus...

At least as a stages.

Its a good game...but needs more....and that is a fact.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 43 (135 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12639 posts

Dec 21, 2012

TrueGodOfWar23 wrote:
I'll say it **bleep** nerds, The roster sucks. The game gets boring due to lack of difference. Js, Now feel free to **bleep** about me saying it (-: And Crash and Spyro BELONG in this game. They were created by IS and ND So excuse people for wanting childhood memories that were made famous on ps1 in a game celebrating PlayStation. And plenty of games have free dlc. Your points much like THE ROSTER suck. This game has no depth whatsoever, it's like they said "Hey guys fu ck adding depth to our game! It has iconic characters, these re tards will buy it no matter what! :smileyvery-happy:" And then you always have the co ck riders like yourself who refuse to acknowledge the poor choices made by superbot (-:

They may belong in the game, but if Activision will not allow them to use them, we must understand and forget about it. And what do you mean by lack of depth? It actually relies on skill a lot more than games like Brawl. It has a fully realized combo system and 3 supers per character to choose from for numerous situation. Brawl has NO combos and only one way of winning- hitting people far enough. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 43 (126 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12639 posts

Dec 21, 2012

xamoel_bros wrote:

Its a good and addictive game...thats true.

but you cannot denied, that the game lacks of a lot of things..

...i almost played with every character around, and the stage start to looks like a small amount...

20 character is still a low number (im not compared with smash)...but SONY have a lot of characters-arenas-minnions.items to put..

Well...we know already, that Team ICO, dont wanna...and maybe Jorney (that game compañy) neither in the future...

But...what is the reason of have a lot of franchises, if sony doesnt use them...

Granturrismo, Motorstorm, Unfinished Swan, Modnation racers, Tiny Tank, Heavy rain,Primal, Jumping Flash,Tomba, ICO, shadow of colossus...

At least as a stages.

Its a good game...but needs more....and that is a fact.

I somewhat agree that some franchises were left untapped, but I also feel a good number of them COULDN'T be used. Gran Turismo is too realistic a setting to be used (in the stage DLC, Wipeout is used which I feel supplements the game much more effectively). Team ICO games could work if done very uniquely. ModNation was mediocre (and is ANOTHER racer) and I feel the other games are little too obscure to be launch roster. Medieval and Ape Escape have pretty big fanbases, yet they are obscure enough not be known by every PS player. Primal could work, but it MIGHT be too obscure yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 43 (121 Views)
0 Likes