I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Re: The Roster... my views

Dec 3, 2012

BrianMX34 wrote:

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

BrianMX34 wrote:

How do you see Nariko being a top tier character for 1v1? I've used her in 1v1 and I can't get her level 1 to hit for nothing and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Also, her combos are really easy to get out of, it seems that there is a point in all of here combos where an opponent can block or roll out. Sucks because I really like her.

then you must not be all that good with her! her combo that everyone can use easily gets her a lvl 1 and her down triangle is brilliant for getting that character to her! she is made for 1v1

You misunderstood me, her level 1 is easy to GET but difficult to HIT in a 1v1 situation because it requires opponents to be at a specific distance. All an opponent has to do is stay close to you and her level 1 is rendered useless. She doesn't have any move that knocks opponents into her level 1's range so majority of the time you basically have to wait until your opponent is at the right distance, activate it, and hope you caught them off guard and they can can't dodge.

the best way to hit the lvl 1 is for when the enemy is falling. sure some may be able to counter (gun haracters) but she can hit it

Message 31 of 36 (58 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Dec 3, 2012
oh and narikos lvl 1 hit box is actually bigger than it looks!
Message 32 of 36 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 3, 2012

BrianMX34 wrote:

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

BrianMX34 wrote:

How do you see Nariko being a top tier character for 1v1? I've used her in 1v1 and I can't get her level 1 to hit for nothing and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Also, her combos are really easy to get out of, it seems that there is a point in all of here combos where an opponent can block or roll out. Sucks because I really like her.

then you must not be all that good with her! her combo that everyone can use easily gets her a lvl 1 and her down triangle is brilliant for getting that character to her! she is made for 1v1

You misunderstood me, her level 1 is easy to GET but difficult to HIT in a 1v1 situation because it requires opponents to be at a specific distance. All an opponent has to do is stay close to you and her level 1 is rendered useless. She doesn't have any move that knocks opponents into her level 1's range so majority of the time you basically have to wait until your opponent is at the right distance, activate it, and hope you caught them off guard and they can can't dodge.

Nariko is a glass cannon type character. Great easy to learn/do combos and nice AP gain, but awful supers. Her level 1 is great for crowd control in FFA, kinda like Drake's level 1. But in a 1v1 its practically useless. I mean seriously, try her arcade on All Star. I had to spam up to my level 2 at least to do anything to Dante.... And as for her level 2, it is a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back super. It has some insane killing power, but doesn't last that long and can be easily avoided. Her level 3 is possibly the only thing that makes her even worth using. I said before the game came out, that I would use her as a main. I stuck to that and have grown to love her, even with those extremely bad supers.

Message 33 of 36 (54 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Dec 3, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

Jak and Daxter: He is another character that sucks... He really only has a 2 hit combo and pokes. His lvl1 and 2 supers are not that good either.

True. Today, I did some unranked matches & saw a Jak & Daxter spamming (well, you'll mostly see that) Jet Board Dash throughout the whole match + relying on his Blaster (this doesn't surprise me as it has great AP). The player had to resort to spam because of his moveset & AP Gain on certain moves.

Indeed of his Level Supers except they require planning. But I know that some people can't do well with those Level Supers unless they planned it. Like that Jak & Daxter player I mentioned, he was only great by planning his Level 1 Super when the others were above of him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 34 of 36 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Dec 3, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:
Colonel Radec: Don't like him, found him boring and just really wanted to quit the arcade mode with him because his style is definitely how people use him. RUN, SNIPER, AND ZONING. There really is no other way to play him because he can only do that. Though i have to say his lvl 1 is brilliant.

Dante: WOW! What happened? He was meant too be the best in the game... His extremely low AP gain really makes this character suck.

I want to address these 2. Radec is actually not too horrible at close range anymore. During the beta, he was **bleep**, but the fixed his close range AP gain. He is a long distance character however.

You've never played against or practiced enough with Dante to really see him in action. I'm personally not too great with him, but there are some people who can get you in a 15 hit continuous combo that nets them a whole Super bar.

Message 35 of 36 (39 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 3, 2012

ok here we go first for sir daniel- I really love sir daniel as a chatacter and his moveset except maybe the mutton which is just to be funny I guess, its his supers that make him terrible in my eyes. his lvl almost always has to be comboed into unlike all the other payers is lvl 2 is crap and easily dodgeable it had potential but it is not there. his lvl 3 however is actualy very good but in hindsight is not going to counteract his other 2 supers as it is really only guaranteed three kills max. 

jak-I believe e needs a buff in some of is other moves so that he doesn't have to be spammed like many players do me including since that is the only truely effective way to gain ap. his lvl 2 needs to happen faster as it is actually one of the easiest to dodge because tere is so much time to react before it actually hits

raiden-raiden in my eyes is really overpowered and has some of te best supers,all three. tat being said he is not utilized effectively by many players because of his simple towards circle and then square repeatedly combo. he is indeed one of te better characters in the game but e is also one of the easiest to beat due to many people getting stuck in combos that others take advantage of.

nariko-I actually love nariko as a character she has some amazing combos when they are learned. I don't understand why her triangle is a counter while circle is for anyone else but thats just a personal annoyance. her lvl 1 is not the bestand is crap in 1v1 as it is easily avoidable, her lvl 2 is deadly when at a distance but is also deadly for her when close ranged as a player that gets in front of her can not be hit by te shots so it an easy kill for the other player. I have used tat tecbnique against many narikos. her lvl 3 is actually a perfecdt lvl 3 in my eyes she will always at least get 2 kills in a free for all as it is incredinly hard to doge he circle move when she is in her lvl 3  she also suffers from getting trapped in combos just like raiden does leading to more deaths from unskilled players.

ratchet- I have for the most part mained ratchet first off. I believe that his toward triangle is spammed frequently due to its knockback and ap gain. his circle moves are just more of an annoyance than being truely effective except for the tesla spikes when used effectively. his supers are actually ver good. his lvl 1 can be devasting to both other players and himself. it can get multi kills but it lasts for so long that a player from beyond can net an easy kill so I believe that in itself balances itself out. his lvl 2 is sadly underused online but is actually very effective. I have noticed it ismainly going to get two kills aginst skilled players as they will avoid the time bombs. decent lvl 2 but not extremely deadly. his lvl 3 is sadly not that good it is actually very easy to dodge. the hitbox has to be almost exact to land a kill. it is used primarily as a mind game wen using both the rockets and the laser which will get maybe two kills aginst skilled players. ratchet shines in 1v1 for me as he is more of a harm  to himself in free for alls with his over used lvl 1.

toro- I have sadly neglected toro but I have noticed that toro players will stick to one of his three stances throught a match. his lvl 1 is very good as it is similiar to fat princess and can get more tan one kill somewhat easily. his lvl 2 is insane as it will almost always get three kills when the players are fighting each other a really good super. I know very little about combos as I abuse his mochi moveset for the most part

sweet tooth- although many people can use him effectively he is likely one of my weaker characters. his main attacks are his shotgun and shouder thrust that have te same effect as the other. I fell the majority of his moveset is neglected due to these two moves being far more effective. his lvl 1 is really cheap first off and as potential to get two kills but is rare. it is easily dodged buit is a good super. his lvl 2 is garbage enough said most of you here alraedy know how bad it is, if tere are others who have tips on this super please share. his lvl 3 is actually very easily dodgeable just get up close and air dodge repeatedly is stomp will rarey be landed at the rite timing. it has potentia to get many kills but the player must plan out where they will start their vl 3 to get many kills. it is a good lvl 3 but does actually take skill and planning to be used effectively.

tose are just some of my opinions and tips I guess for some characters  

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 36 of 36 (34 Views)
0 Likes