Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: The Problem With the AdGr

Oct 23, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

You should just drop the game all together now with that attitude, it's not needed. Get over the 20 character thing now. You're ENJOYING a beta with 6 characters but are disappointed with this 20 character roster? How does that make any sense?? You have nothing to complain about.

As for the trailer. It is what it is, and it's not the last.

What the hell is your problem? I didn't complain about the roster hardly at all. I only complained about the way the trailer was built up.

Is the roster small in comparison to most fighting games? Yes

Was the reveal process kg or the last 8 characters ruined by the leak? Yes

Is the roster still varied, well balanced and satisfying? Definitely

Now pull whatever stick you have jammed up your butt out.

Actually no, the roster isn't that small. I just wanna get this out of the way and say that, for a game starting out, this has one of the highest rosters.

Mortal Kombat had 7. Street Fighter had like 1 or 2 before hitting 8. Heck even today most fighting games get off with 12 or 13 characters; BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma, Persona 4 Arena, and Skullgirls all have under 20 characters. (BBCP sans the two unlockables.) Capcom is actually the only person who's made more, and even then, each time they give us something its 'too' much and they never seem to balance it properly, see SFxT and MVC3 and even SSFIV.

By the way what I'm saying is, for a first game. Most fighters nowadays have their own characters that they can reuse. Look at Dead or Alive; each time they release a game, they add and take away characters. Heck look at Super Smash Bros; started out with 12 characters, anda  few were similar to eachother.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, the roster is only small to Capcom fanatics.

Its not small; not by a long shot.

Message 21 of 25 (89 Views)
Wastelander
759 posts

Re: The Problem With the Ad

Oct 23, 2012
Don't forget tekken marrow but it still took them about a decade to get that far

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 22 of 25 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 23, 2012
True Marrow, people just don't get it no matter how many times you tell them. 20 isn't the easiest number to obtain.
Message 23 of 25 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Oct 23, 2012

Ndukauba wrote:
Ok, for those complaining about the roster, 20 characters is a lot of characters, whether you like it or not. There are plenty of fighting games that have less than 20 characters. I can easily list one that's a perfect example: The original Super Smash Bros. for the N64. Now as I recall, that game had how many characters? 12. Is it still one of the greatest games of all time? Yes. So if anybody is still crying about the character roster size because it's only 20, you might want to re-evaluate your mind and your overall psyche at that moment of time...

I agree with you on it being amazing, but.. remember that did come out how long ago? a decade i wanna say?

Message 24 of 25 (54 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: The Problem With the AdGr

Oct 24, 2012

Level_Code wrote:

Is the roster small in comparison to most fighting games? Yes

Is the roster still varied, well balanced and satisfying? Definitely

Where are the examples? You can't just say "fighting games" and be right.

Well.... time to say it....

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

This game came out in 2012 on PSN (wouldn't want to say VF5 because that was years ago). Varied, balanced, and satisfying? That's what people said about this game.

Characters? 19 + 1 Boss Character. 19 Characters can be used in all modes, but the Boss can't be selected in the fashion Arcade Mode/Score Attack.

And when has Virtua Fighter started? 1993.

It started with 8 Characters (+ 1 Boss Character) and after 19 Years.... it has 19 Characters (+ 1 Boss Character). 20 Characters in total in 2012 & now here's another game called Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale with a total of 20 Characters.

If you want to compare it to games like SSFIV:AE, U:MvC3, MK 2011, KOF XIII, and more that has a Roster that has 20+ than PS All-Stars. Then, invalid comment you just made. Let's not mention the Virtua Fighter Franchise. You know... the one that received World Records & inspired other fighting games that you're possibily comparing.

And here comes the good part..... I never saw people complained about the limited roster that Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown has when the game released. I enjoyed it despite only playing 50% of the roster. However, in PS All-Stars, I'll be playing 97% of the roster when it comes out.

Since you didn't know about VF5:FS or maybe even VF from 1993. It would be wise to use a famous quote from the VF Franchise.

Juu'nen hayain da yo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 25 of 25 (42 Views)
0 Likes