Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: The Problem [Community Rant]

Oct 12, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:
Marvel Vs Capcom a fighting game has 48 fully unique characters

Marvel VS Capcom 2, and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, meaning two games after the sequel, namely MVC1 that had 22 characters, except it had 6 that were essetionally a reskinned character bringing it to 16, and even that being a sequel to Marvel Super Heroes which had 12 characters?

And not to mention MVC2 has Ryu/Ken/Akuma/DanHibiki, IronMan/WarMachine, Megaman/Roll, Wolverine/BoneClaw, and sprites taken from several other games (like Darkstalkers and SF Alpha as well as the combination of stuff from MVC1), bringing the number of actual diverse characters from 56 to 21 actually 'new' characters?

And not to mention MVC3 took a lot from Tatsunoko vs Capcom, meaning Ryu, Viewtiful Joe, Chun Li, and Zero were essetionally just placed into MVC3 with minor additions?

Message 11 of 21 (75 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I have no doubt Superbot have put alot of effort into All Stars and can sympathise with them, in that alot of fan reception has been negative despite the game playing/looking/sounding great in every aspect except roster, which is what overshadows everything else. There's no question this game will be incredibly fun and satisfying to play with or without the "Gods of Playstation", but it will feel incomplete without their inclusion and that's why people are so critical. Like I said people appreciate that All Stars was made from scratch and Superbot have done an incredible job making everything work, but the main issue is the character roster not the engine. I'm grateful to Superbot for at least trying hard to get characters like Crash etc (if they haven't obtained them) and I salute them for making a game which looks amazingly satisfying to play but I think they'll only recieve true positive feedback for the technical efforts after roster speculation has ended. 

btw Jill Valantine is on my most wanted list, aswel as Nemesis Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 21 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Still just because its a fighting game doesn't excuse 20 characters

Message 13 of 21 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 12, 2012

ihatemath113 wrote:
Still just because its a fighting game doesn't excuse 20 characters

what the hell is that supposed to mean?

Play For Fun!
Message 14 of 21 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Just because it's a fighting game doesn't mean it has to have more than 20 either

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 15 of 21 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Basically I think the roster should be better

Message 16 of 21 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2220 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Paul Gale confirmed 24 didnt he?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"Your true face... What kind of... Face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?..." Majora's Mask

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Winning the very first tournament in Playstation Allstars with Ginta2468. Me being Spike Ginta being Sackboy.
Message 17 of 21 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Well all fighting games start small and get bigger, thats a good way to make more sequels exspecially in a game like this

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 18 of 21 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 12, 2012

BelowZer0__ wrote:

Paul Gale confirmed 24 didnt he?

Paul Gale doesn't even know if thats true 

Message 19 of 21 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 12, 2012
I agree with Stefan here. You can't really call a game a franchise if there is only one. Leaving something to be desired or planning your decisions around both the current iteration and possibly the next one simultaneously is plausible, but reckless because you aren't exactly sure that a publisher might green light you for round two.

That said, I think there could have maybe been other choices made, but the choices that are current aren't bad in my opinion.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 20 of 21 (30 Views)
0 Likes