Highlighted
Oct 12 2012
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

The Problem [Community Rant]

20 replies 189 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

This is something that's been bugging me which I'd like to bring up.

A lot of people on here don't actually play fighting games, nor do they understand the development process. Instead, they demand what 'they' want, with no middle ground. They don't know what programming movesets entitles. They don't know what bot route mapping is.  They don't even know what frame advantage is. They're simply here to complain.

Here's the brass tacks, gents; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a FIGHTING GAME. It is not something easy to make. Every single day, someone brings up how they're 'disappointed' in SuperBot for programming 20 characters into a NEW GAME, contemplating movesets, working them into a fighting game atmosphere, balancing characters so that no one character is ridiculously cheap and OP, creating stage ideas that mix two franchises together, creating stage elements for those ideas, creating server configuration files and setting up server room so that people will have somewhere online to go, creating storylines that mix two franchises together, creating costumes that have a relation to their franchise, creating music files that has the 'feel' of the character they're supposed to portray, setting up unlockables, animating fighting styles, animating fighting idle stances, animating actual attacks, creating particle effects to go along with said attacks, etcetra etcetra etcetra.

I for one, know somewhat of how this goes. Its a difficult, irritating process; the last thing it needs is some kids on a forum spouting nonsense, killing their morale because they didn't meet their ridiculous standards.

For the people like me, who care about the game, who are here to discuss rational things like 'how will this character play', or 'how will this stage work', thank you. Thank you for being here, from the bottom of my hate-filled heart for being someone with decency and respect for hard work.

For the others; you're why Kojima hates us and I hope you choke on your own bile. Shut up, sit down, and start talking like the rest of us; it'll free up a lot of the drama on this forum, and you'll probably start to feel better.

For the trolls? Keep doing what you're doing. Some of it is absolutely hilarious. But at least make it obvious so that we know its a joke.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to make a Gravity Rush Kat moveset.

Message 1 of 21 (189 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Re: The Problem [Community Rant]

Oct 12, 2012

I feel the same way. I dont play fighting games kuz i suck but im in a game designing class at college so i understand the things outside of characters they have to put in and with a relativly small team

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 2 of 21 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Oct 12, 2012
This is not a game only for fighting fans I didn't read the whole thing to long but just leting you know
Message 3 of 21 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 12, 2012
THANK YOU! I'd insert my own wall of text but you said enough man

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 4 of 21 (152 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 12, 2012

Incorrect. Its a fighting game, 'of' Playstation characters. They have to take into consideration that similar characters are not a good idea; either it be potential moveset problems or simple easy comparision. This is why Evil Cole plays so different to normal Cole.

Message 5 of 21 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 12, 2012

nice rant marrow!

Play For Fun!
Message 6 of 21 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Oct 12, 2012
fans don't care about technical mumbo jumbo, all they want are the characters and great gameplay
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 7 of 21 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Marvel Vs Capcom a fighting game has 48 fully unique characters

Message 8 of 21 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Oct 12, 2012
^Which is also a series made by capcom who spew out fighting games left and right. Anyways nice rant Marrow I totally agree.
Message 9 of 21 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
759 posts

Oct 12, 2012
And additionally, theyve had a decade or so to get the formula right and many of those characters had pre-existing move sets from the titles before it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Colossal King
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us--- The Gravity Queen
Message 10 of 21 (86 Views)