Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Re: The Official Sequel Campaign -- #AllstarsRound2

Jun 11, 2014

Impressive.

I might take part in this, if I see it going strong. As gamers, we have a right to voice out what we want to developers. We are the customers that invest in these companies as we purchase their content. Therefore, they must deliver if we are willing to support them.

I also suggest that the community would make a petition like with #ReleaseDart; that petition in particular achieved greatly with support. But do not spread it among the forums as that will violate the Terms of Service. Also, try to organise times in the day where everyone will tweet at once, like with #ReleaseDart. 

I have had fun being in #ReleaseDart, making videos and tweets everyday. I might do this as well if this campaign goes strong. Of all of the campaigns that has occured in this community, #ReleaseDart was the only successful one. The others were failed attempts. Let's hope that this isn't a failure.

Message 61 of 503 (1,706 Views)
I Only Post Everything
870 posts

Jun 11, 2014

This game's continuation is a nightmare for developers for a few simple reasons.

1. The first game tested the market, and was a "test run" for future games. This is true for all originals in the game industry and in the film industry. This game didn't sell very well, and had trouble gaining steam.

2. The fans of the characters from their respective games are a nightmare. Most communities for this game are mostly composed of angry fans, and it's impossible for everyone to be happy with their favorite character's placement and power.

3. Rights to the characters are a pain to get. Some developers won't give up their characters without unreasonable conditions. *cough* CRASH BANDICOOT *cough* Having to go through developers and companies for rights is a hassle, and if they decide to use 2 characters on one license or "double dip", they'd have to go through the community.

A sequel is possible, but I don't think that any developer would want a series like this on their belt.

"I will not rest until I've proven your point"
-LES
Message 62 of 503 (1,701 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Impressive.

I might take part in this, if I see it going strong. As gamers, we have a right to voice out what we want to developers. We are the customers that invest in these companies as we purchase their content. Therefore, they must deliver if we are willing to support them.

I also suggest that the community would make a petition like with #ReleaseDart; that petition in particular achieved greatly with support. But do not spread it among the forums as that will violate the Terms of Service. Also, try to organise times in the day where everyone will tweet at once, like with #ReleaseDart. 

I have had fun being in #ReleaseDart, making videos and tweets everyday. I might do this as well if this campaign goes strong. Of all of the campaigns that has occured in this community, #ReleaseDart was the only successful one. The others were failed attempts. Let's hope that this isn't a failure.

Thanks for the kind words of  encouragement. I know this campaign will not bring a sequel tomorrow (Metaphor for soon).

I just hope the word will get out to the head people over at Sony entertainment that fans still desire a sequel. Especially after seeing how many people were hype to see a sequel announce at E3!

Twitter was buzzin over the fake leak and was just surprise to see how many fans not of this community wanted a sequel.

I figure strike while the iron's hot!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#AllstarsRound2 

Join the Fight!

Message 63 of 503 (1,690 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Jun 11, 2014

Lets pretend I am a 6 year old who has just taking ecstasy; now explain to me CLEARLY what I should and can do to hepl Smiley Happy

When Spike says those 3 words of death, its already too late....
"YOU'LL NEVER WIN!!!"

Gottcha!!! on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

Message 64 of 503 (1,689 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jun 11, 2014

Last_HopeNFaith wrote:

ossiecastro5 wrote:

Impressive.

Thanks for the kind words of  encouragement. I know this campaign will not bring a sequel tomorrow (Metaphor for soon).

I just hope the word will get out to the head people over at Sony entertainment that fans still desire a sequel. Especially after seeing how many people were hype to see a sequel announce at E3!

Twitter was buzzin over the fake leak and was just surprise to see how many fans not of this community wanted a sequel.

I figure strike while the iron hot!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#AllstarsRound2 

Join the Fight!

It literally took an entire month for #ReleaseDart to pay off. I don't expect any less time for a campaign of this magnitude.

I agree, so much buzz came from the leak. I still find it odd, beyond my comprehension, why people would create a fake leak to create hype. But this is perfect as it has shown that people would actually be excited for a sequel. You asked when is the best time to start this and now is that time.

Message 65 of 503 (1,683 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

djdudemyster wrote:

Lets pretend I am a 6 year old who has just taking ecstasy; now explain to me CLEARLY what I should and can do to hepl Smiley Happy

Boy where to start. Well like ossiecastro5 use to points out... you never really want to limit anything you can do to contribute!  So basically anything you can do to possibly get the word out on fans wanting a sequel to PSAllstars!

The Basics

Tweet & Hashtag #AllstarsRound2 to the following people:

@amboyes -- https://twitter.com/amboyes

@yosp --  https://twitter.com/yosp

@SonySantamonica --  https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica 

@Playstation --  https://twitter.com/PlayStation

@Just_Tank -- https://twitter.com/Just_Tank

Important things that need work on!

• Fan art -- Post the fan art on here and devianart
  • Youtube Videos
  • Contact websites on getting an article publish about the movement
  • Get more people to join the fight!
  • Keep spreading the word on different social media or network (Facebook & etc...)
  • Create Websites
  • Send email to important people over at Sony
  • Last but not least anything else not on the list!

Just be creative on getting the word out!

#AllstarsRound2 

Join the Fight!

Message 66 of 503 (1,664 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Jun 11, 2014

Last_HopeNFaith wrote:

djdudemyster wrote:

Boy where to start. Well like ossiecastro5 use to points out... you never really want to limit anything you can do to contribute!  So basically anything you can do to possibly get the word out on fans wanting a sequel to PSAllstars!

The Basics

Tweet & Hashtag #AllstarsRound2 to the following people:

@amboyes -- https://twitter.com/amboyes

@yosp --  https://twitter.com/yosp

@SonySantamonica --  https://twitter.com/SonySantaMonica 

@Playstation --  https://twitter.com/PlayStation

@Just_Tank -- https://twitter.com/Just_Tank

Important things that need work on!

• Fan art -- Post the fan art on here and devianart
  • Youtube Videos
  • Contact websites on getting an article publish about the movement
  • Get more people to join the fight!
  • Keep spreading the word on different social media or network (Facebook & etc...)
  • Create Websites
  • Send email to important people over at Sony
  • Last but not least anything else not on the list!

Just be creative on getting the word out!

#AllstarsRound2 

Join the Fight!

This is something else I would suggest. One factor that led to #ReleaseDart being successful was that we had the assistance of the Legend of Dragoon community. People loved the character and wanted it to be included. I would suggest getting people from there to help again. Creating a new game to add a first party character is more likely than dlc. Finding an Oddworld community might also be something to do, since Abe was another that had a high chance but failed to be in. Plus, Abe is being released in a remake, so he's still a relevent character with fans supporting. Any other communities with a chance to be added would be places I would suggest too.

Message 67 of 503 (1,643 Views)
Sackboy
373 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2014

I love seeing how quickly everyone is banding together for this, This community is truely wonderful. Smiley Very Happy

#AllstarsRound2!!!

Message 68 of 503 (1,639 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
266 posts

Jun 11, 2014

White_knight39 wrote:

I love seeing how quickly everyone is banding together for this, This community is truely wonderful. Smiley Very Happy

#AllstarsRound2!!!

Yea it's really special to see Smiley Happy

I'll help with getting in contact with different fanbase, I'll keep y'all posted.

#AllstarsRound2

Message 69 of 503 (1,625 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
216 posts

Jun 11, 2014

I have an important mission for anyone who want's to help?

Basically I need someone to create a creative video explaining all the pros there is to offer creating a sequel and tell why a sequel will be a great way to embrace Playstation vast history!

So can I get any takers? It can be more then one, but remember to keep it very professional, while heart felt at the sametime <3

Then we be able to use those video to send in to Sony & friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#AllstarsRound2 

Join the Fight!

Message 70 of 503 (1,787 Views)
0 Likes