Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: The Obvious DLC choices

Nov 15, 2012
honestly, the only obvious dlc choice as of right now is kat (and probably persona, never played those games, but my friends are huge fans of them),
crash's situation is still effed up,
pretty sure spyro's in that mess as well,
and snake and cloud's situation is unknown...
Play For Fun!
Message 11 of 22 (123 Views)
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Nov 15, 2012

True, The demand was just so overwhelming for the others I knew I'd catch heat if I didn't include them.

Message 12 of 22 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

Woah guys simmer down. 

@ Marko, Like I said I think your cool but I feel like every time I turn around you are shoving KOC down my throat. Like this thread which is supposed to be just the REALLY obvious ones. I'm not mad or anything but do we have to mention this guy in every DLC thread? 

@ everyone else. I wasn't saying that a NPC can't be a good charecter I was trying to point out that KOC only never really fights or demonstrates the fullness of his power, he sort of just helps you while dealing out comedic lines. 

i honestly thought he was.  if seth (the lead game designer) mentions a character by name on multiple occasions and said "they were going to be put in the launch roster due to him being a personal favorite in the studio but was left out due to time restraints", i would naturally assume they'd be in the first options for DLC.  i didn't mean to offend you, honest, and i'm not trying to cause conflict. i just thought that's what it meant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 22 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
712 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

I'm not sure what there is to discuss here, since the characters the OP listed are the ones that most people agreed on, and the most rumor centric ones as well (Paul Gale somehow mentioning most of them, and peoples 'sources' mentioning them as well).

I think there are some other companies interested in supporting the game, I heard NIS, the creators of the amazing Disgaea series, were interested in the game, and the creator of Abe's Odysessy showed interest in the game as well. It's interesting the OP mentioned the Persona series, because the Persona 4 port for PS Vita helped push Vita units in Japan like crazy, and the game comes out next week in NA as well, and to add to that, the Persona series is primarily Playstation centric even though it's a spin-off brand, with the main SMT games being multiplatform. I'm sure Sony can cut a deal with Atlus somehow, they're the same guys who brought us Catherine, SMT: Persona, SMT, and even brought Demons Souls to NA. 

EDIT: Found the NIS America link. They're interested but haven't been contacted yet. GET ON IT SUPERBOT. GIVE US NICHE CHARACTERS THAT THE MAJORITY WON'T RECOGNIZE LIKE WITH WHAT NINTENDO DID WITH... A quarter of the SSBB roster.

Message 14 of 22 (106 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
873 posts

Nov 15, 2012

i honestly thought he was.  if seth (the lead game designer) mentions a character by name on multiple occasions and said "they were going to be put in the launch roster due to him being a personal favorite in the studio but was left out due to time restraints", i would naturally assume they'd be in the first options for DLC.  i didn't mean to offend you, honest, and i'm not trying to cause conflict. i just thought that's what it meant

Well maybe it's just me then. Personally I don't see him as that big a help to playstation and think his moveset would be wierd and not all that great. I'm sorry if I popped off then It's REALLY not been a good day for me. Could some one send me the links for these seth quotes I have been following this game a ton and I haven't seen them.  Once again sorry, Guess I took this a little personal. 

Message 15 of 22 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

peartboyz wrote:

Well maybe it's just me then. Personally I don't see him as that big a help to playstation and think his moveset would be wierd and not all that great. I'm sorry if I popped off then It's REALLY not been a good day for me. Could some one send me the links for these seth quotes I have been following this game a ton and I haven't seen them.  Once again sorry, Guess I took this a little personal. 

its okay man.  i'm sorry too if i've been coming off a bit annoying.  he's just one of my favorite video game characters of all time and i know the only possibly chance i'll get to play as him is this game.  I can't find the first link but seth said "there were two playstation games that blew my mind when i was younger.  i wanted them both to get represented as character in our game.  The first was parappa the rapper and he made it.  The second was katamari damacy.  We wouldn't quite get it to work but if we get can get more creative we'll try again."  The second link is here (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/New-Interview-to-Seth-Killian-Ki...  In this link, he specifically mentions that it was the king he was referring to.  It tough to understand due to the bad translation. I also have received two emails from superbot regarding the King

Message 16 of 22 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Nov 15, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

The king of the Cosmos.  Seth Killian has mentioned twice now that he wanted him in the original roster but couldn't because of time restraints.  also huge in japan.  would work amazingly as kat's rival

Marko, if King of All Cosmos is included because of your dedication, that's some serious braggin' rights!

In all seriousness, I think he'd be an awesome addition as well. At first I was skeptical when he was first brought up but you drive a very good arguement and a solid movelist to boot. You'd make Michael proud.

Message 17 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Truth be told after Marko's King of the Cosmos and Kat idea, I 'really' want to see the two in PSAS as rivals. I've been wanting Kat since day 1, and considering each will have their own rival sets, I can now no longer see anyone else mixed with her.

Considering Kat is such a popular character, and King of the Cosmos is a character Omar even wanted in, its very likely.

Message 18 of 22 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Nov 15, 2012

What about Sora? I really think he deserves a spot as a PS2 rep and the obvious rival is Cloud. They have already fought and have invaded in other worlds (Kingdom Hearts wise). I honestly think that Kingdom Hearts on Sony products did way better then Nintendo products. Does anyone agree with anything I said or am I a lone wolf here....

Message 19 of 22 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
260 posts

Nov 15, 2012
Wow...how can you forget dart and über hero? They have no psp rep so uber hero from patapon would be perfect. Second dart over all! Why? Though crash and or spyro deserve to be in the game lets face it...its all up to activision. Us begging them isnt gonna make them do anything it all comes down to being greedy and money hungry so just move on to another important character like dart Feld until activision makes there move. Dart Feld deserves to be in this game just as much as kat, crash, Kratos, ect if not more. He was an PS EXCLUSIVE RPG CHARACTER for gods sake. This game has no rpg characters so he should be a main focus right now instead of crash. As for kat she should most definetly be in this game but for some reason they put her off. Without a doubt she will be dlc.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 20 of 22 (44 Views)
0 Likes