Wastelander
633 posts

Re: The ONE reason that this game will never top super smash bros

Oct 24, 2012
I haven't seen anyone say this yet... if crash anf the other three aren't in this game, it would be like smash bros without mario, fox, donkey kong, and link. Lol
Photobucket
Message 31 of 41 (124 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

PSASBR won't be able to top Smash Bros in terms of sales, but the potential to create a better game is high. Brawl was a huge disappointment. Tripping? Seriously? The online was tacked on too. The only reason I play it now is because of the AWESOME fanbase. The Project M guys are amazing.

Message 32 of 41 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Oct 24, 2012
You'te wrong, this game tops Smash Bros. (well Brawl anyway) because THERE'S NO TRIPPING.
Message 33 of 41 (95 Views)
Gaming Beast
1859 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I guarantee you if Crash, Cloud, Snake and Wander were in this game, Ishak125 would be as quiet as the night and would be saying things like, "Oh my God, this roster is awesome"...
Message 34 of 41 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Oct 24, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
I haven't seen anyone say this yet... if crash anf the other three aren't in this game, it would be like smash bros without mario, fox, donkey kong, and link. Lol

True that, it isn't really Playstation without Crash (even though I didn't have a PS1, I sure as hell knew who he was and that he was the definite mascot back then), and of course ya need Cloud, Wander, and Snake in it as well due to their massive impact they've had on the Playstation brand. Hopefully we'll get some confirmation about those characters today at the L.A. Beatdown event. I'm sure that Paul Gale and a bunch of other fans will be asking them. Hopefully Omar doesn't pull the infamous "Stay tuned..." crap though...

photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 35 of 41 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Don't know why it has to always compare with Smash Bros, you know Smash Bros wasn't the first game to introduce this type of brawler right ? The only real big thing about Smash Bros is how it brought together all these iconic characters from different Nintendo owned franchises - which is why it has become so vastly popular. Im sick of hearing people call it the 'original SSB formula' when it wasn't all that original to begin with. The biggest comparison between the two games is how they bring together big name characters well known/exclusive to their console. Gameplay wise, the two games differ - which is why in my opinion this game succeeds at what it sets out to do, not be a SSB ripoff and instead stand on its own two feet. That's what some of the critics/reviewers don't seem to understand when they plague their hands on impressions with SSB comparisons, it's ridiculous. Judge the game for what it's doing, rather then criticising it for not being a carbon copy.

And just incase I get quoted with rage comments:
- I play SSBB & SSBM with my friends almost exclusively, so yes I do know more about it then what forumers say & no I'm not a SSB/Nintendo hater.
- The first party roster is spot on - stop crying about Crash etc.
- Yes I know SuperBot has taken inspiration from SSB, doesn't mean it's a copy & paste job.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 36 of 41 (58 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 24, 2012

The only big jrpg series that i can think of without going too obscure for Sony are Dark Cloud and Wild Arms. Dark Cloud got a sequel and sold pretty well in the early ps2 days. Wild Arms got 5 games, a remake, and a couple of spin-offs big in Japan. Hopefully these two franchise get implemented here in at leat one way. Still like the character roster. Smiley Happy

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 37 of 41 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Oct 24, 2012
what the hell is it advertising? oh yeah, it's history. everyone deserves to be there, big daddy is the only one that baffles me but he is a nice edition. dante belongs here, new or old (and please don't say donte). raiden belongs here just as much as snake. it's no ones fault konami chose to use another one of their great characters. i imagine they chose raiden because they already had snake in a game similar to this, plus he had a game coming up.
RIVAL STAGE & POLYGON STAGE!!!
Message 38 of 41 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 24, 2012
atleast playstation allstars has 1 character representing 1 franchise.....with the exception of evil cole
Message 39 of 41 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

The only big jrpg series that i can think of without going too obscure for Sony are Dark Cloud and Wild Arms. Dark Cloud got a sequel and sold pretty well in the early ps2 days. Wild Arms got 5 games, a remake, and a couple of spin-offs big in Japan. Hopefully these two franchise get implemented here in at leat one way. Still like the character roster. Smiley Happy

Disgaea: One of the best selling JRPG series on the PS2. Three sequels, two remakes of the first game, a remake of the second and third, and two awesome spin-off games as well as the characters being featured in various cross-overs.

Hardly obscure.

Message 40 of 41 (30 Views)
0 Likes