Highlighted
Nov 16 2012
By: IzoGray Sackboy 538 posts

The Next DLC Character Deserves To Be An RPG Rep

154 replies 895 views Edited Nov 16, 2012

First of all, I love the inclusion of Kat. She is my #1 most requested character and if they didn't want to add anymore characters I would actually be fine with that. The game is complete to me. Since they DO want to add more characters though I feel like there next choice should be a character from an RPG.

Let's face it. Playstation wouldn't be where it is without the RPG genre. It didn't as much to do with Crash or Spyro. It had to do with RPGs. Sure Crash and Spyro sold a lot of copies but when people decided what system they were going to pick up, RPGs were a HUGE draw towards the PS system.

The PS1 and PS2 were known as THE RPG systems. You would always find the best and most unique games among the rest of the competition on PS. I understand if SuperBot wants to put their efforts into obtaining Crash or Spyro next but I believe that an RPG character deserves it more. Not only did they help shape the system's reputation but the entire genre has been skipped for this "All-Star" game.

Here are characters I think should be included.

Cloud- FFVII. No explanation needed.

Lightning- FFXIII. People may ask why I say Lightning. Well first of all, she's cute as hell. Second of all she has a strong personality. Third, Square probably wouldn't mind giving her more screen time because her third game is coming out soon. Plus her moveset would be pretty badass

Dart- Legend of Dragoon. Sony first party. I don't really like the game too much but he is iconic.

Ryu or Fou-Lu- Breath of Fire IV. This game isn't the most popular and doesn't have a huge significance on the PS brand but I love the game and both characters would have amazing movesets. Waaaay better than Dart's moveset.

Sora-KH. The game is kind of an RPG. I had fun with KH, as did many others. If Sora was included I'd like it to be his KHII  form, and personally- and I'm not joking here- I'd rather have King Mickey than Sora because King Mickey is badass.

Suggestions from you? Only RPG characters. Don't bother telling me why something won't work or someone else deserves it more because your opinion is as worthless as mine.

Message 1 of 155 (895 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: The Next DLC Character Deserves To Be An RPG Rep

Nov 16, 2012

IzoGray wrote:

Lightning- FFXIII. People may ask why I say Lightning. Well first of all, she's cute as hell. Second of all she has a strong personality. Third, Square probably wouldn't mind giving her more screen time because her third game is coming out soon. Plus her moveset would be pretty badass

cute? really?

if we're going for cute, i'd go with vanille, #1 eye candy of the game,

but yeah, i also think this game needs some rpg reps,

i'd throw in the dark cloud series....

Play For Fun!
Message 2 of 155 (886 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 16, 2012
Dragoon or Dark Cloud will likely come before Final Fantasy, unless Square is impressed by the sales.
Message 3 of 155 (877 Views)
Sackboy
538 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 16, 2012

Wow. So disgusting. You like **bleep** girls? Lightning is cute because she's strong, cute, decent personality and she's a not a total **bleep** **bleep**.

Edit: I basically called Vanille an idiot. Lightning is actually smart. I hate ditsy girls in games. I'm pretty sure Vanille is the one who runs like an idiot right?

Message 4 of 155 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 16, 2012

IMO, to me it makes sense that Dart and Cloud could be rivals and that a Legend of Dragoon/Final Fantasy mash up would be perfect and both would play really different even though they come from the same genre. Dart would be good for one being the combat system in his game which could be implemented in PSASBR. in his game they had Additions which were moves where when you attacked you had to press square at the right time and it would continue the Addition and getting it right would reward more spirit to turn into a dragoon. a simple change from his game to allstars would be instead of spirit points it would be AP. and giving a sense of rewarding the player.

#ClownTroops
Message 5 of 155 (863 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 16, 2012

IzoGray wrote:

Wow. So disgusting. You like **bleep** girls? Lightning is cute because she's strong, cute, decent personality and she's a not a total **bleep** **bleep**.

Edit: I basically called Vanille an idiot. Lightning is actually smart. I hate ditsy girls in games. I'm pretty sure Vanille is the one who runs like an idiot right?

hence why i used the term eye candy,

as in good to look at...

in all honesty, i can't take vanille seriously, but i'd be lying if i said she's not good on the eyes...

Play For Fun!
Message 6 of 155 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 16, 2012
You already got your #1 requested character Kat. Let me get mine and let it be Sub-freaking Zero!!!
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 7 of 155 (853 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1266 posts

Nov 16, 2012

I call Sora or Sephiroth or Japanese RPG chick with an hourglass figure. If anything else, I probably won't give a **bleep**.

photo Vigor_murder_of_crows_zps5759709e.gif
Message 8 of 155 (852 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Nov 16, 2012

would like the next dlc pack was dart and chimera so we can continue getting ps exclusive chars xD

Message 9 of 155 (840 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Omega_Rez wrote:

in his game they had Additions which were moves where when you attacked you had to press square at the right time and it would continue the Addition and getting it right would reward more spirit to turn into a dragoon

I like this idea. It stops players from button mashing square.
Message 10 of 155 (829 Views)
0 Likes