Fender Bender
4120 posts

Re: The Menus are an eyesore...

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

Arakin86 wrote:

Why do I care about the menus? The same reason you decided to post on this forum and complain about my post, you CARE about this game... and I do too.

Playstation Allstars is a fun game, and something we've been waiting to play for a long time. The gameplay is solid for the most part, and I love how each character has their own move set that's totally different from each other... that's a concept that even Smash Bros had a hard time wrapping their heads around (Captain Falcon & Ganondorf).

I don't want to compare Smash Bros to Allstars, but someone mentioned that the first Smash had bland menus too... yes, but that game came out on N64, in 1999... not on PS3 in 2012. Actually looking back at the first Smash... I think I might like those menus a bit better to be honest.

I'm an artistic person, I like to design things, and from an artistic view point, Allstars menus look really bad and generic. On the character select screen, there are two spots at the top of the screen on either side that were wasted space, so they pasted boxed pictures of the stars there like ads... I've only seen that design in flyers and phonebook ads, not a PS3 game that just came out.

Bottom line... yes the game is really fun, I cant argue with that... but I cant help but feeling like i'm playing an unfinished game, or a game that's in beta testing. Most of you don't agree with me, and that's fine.

Its just my opinion as a gamer, so just ignore me and go enjoy the **bleep** out of the game.

TL; DR 

just wait till the sequel dude, then you will get the menus you want. 

For now they need to focus on D!C

Message 21 of 44 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 21, 2012
And...wait for it...wait for it...WAIT FOR IT....I don't care...who cares about menus? they wanted to use more development time into making multiplayer super fun and addictive...why would they take time to make a amazing menu, but have the multiplayer not as balanced and good because precious time was used on the menu?
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 22 of 44 (110 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 21, 2012
sounds like kanye's samples
Message 23 of 44 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Nov 21, 2012

khknight wrote:

Arakin86 wrote:

Why do I care about the menus? The same reason you decided to post on this forum and complain about my post, you CARE about this game... and I do too.

Playstation Allstars is a fun game, and something we've been waiting to play for a long time. The gameplay is solid for the most part, and I love how each character has their own move set that's totally different from each other... that's a concept that even Smash Bros had a hard time wrapping their heads around (Captain Falcon & Ganondorf).

I don't want to compare Smash Bros to Allstars, but someone mentioned that the first Smash had bland menus too... yes, but that game came out on N64, in 1999... not on PS3 in 2012. Actually looking back at the first Smash... I think I might like those menus a bit better to be honest.

I'm an artistic person, I like to design things, and from an artistic view point, Allstars menus look really bad and generic. On the character select screen, there are two spots at the top of the screen on either side that were wasted space, so they pasted boxed pictures of the stars there like ads... I've only seen that design in flyers and phonebook ads, not a PS3 game that just came out.

Bottom line... yes the game is really fun, I cant argue with that... but I cant help but feeling like i'm playing an unfinished game, or a game that's in beta testing. Most of you don't agree with me, and that's fine.

Its just my opinion as a gamer, so just ignore me and go enjoy the **bleep** out of the game.

TL; DR 

just wait till the sequel dude, then you will get the menus you want. 

For now they need to focus on D!C

of course when someone makes a valid point you don't read.

Nobody claimed that making the menus prettier is as important as gameplay. it is just something nice to have, get over it.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 24 of 44 (102 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Nov 21, 2012
i do feel like this game is unfinished as well.
Seeing as i used to be a writer for CVG, Nintendo magazines back in the day over in the UK, i feel i have a good grasp on what a game should feel like.
These guys have done a shoddy job on multiplayer options too.
I simply cannot understand why they would not of made a 1v1 or a 3v3 match.
The game is fun, but they did skimp out here and there.
All the videos i watched on the build up to the game (hype) were promising a lot more in my opinion.
Message 25 of 44 (91 Views)
Splicer
60 posts

Dec 10, 2012

The menus are so awful so very awful. They even look like they are not in HD, the character icons on the character select screen are very tiny. The V.S. screen makes me cringe, it too is awful and the music playing is even worse. I wonder who gave the OK to release the title wth such terrible and lazy menus. I love the game but when i first turned it on I was so dissapointed with what I  saw in the menus. And you do not want to make the first impression a bad one. They need a cool rock like jingle on the V.S. screen. Just do a patch for the menus, it can be done. Wipeout HD Fury did it, so should Superbot. If you do not think these menus are beyond ugly, then you like ugly things. I wonder what is uglier, COD's graphics or this game's menus? Please Superbot do something about it.

Message 26 of 44 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Dec 10, 2012

Message 27 of 44 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 10, 2012
Who cares about menus? Your probably going to be spending most of your time in a middle of a match.
Message 28 of 44 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Dec 10, 2012
People will find anything to complain about. The menus...really? *sigh* Sell the game if the menu bothers u so much.
Photobucket
Message 29 of 44 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 10, 2012
And why did you bump this old thread?
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 30 of 44 (60 Views)
0 Likes