Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 08 2012
By: gd0823 Splicer 36 posts

The Lack of Crash and Spyro might be for the better (Realistic Thread)

[ Edited ]
20 replies 2143 views Edited Oct 8, 2012

Forget about Snake and Cloud, forget about Kat. We know that 90% of the people here can understand the fact that they are not in the game. The same cannot be said for 2 important characters in many's Childhood

Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon

Thing is, they were once the mascots of PS, and now they are not in the game WTH!?. But here's the thing, even if Spyro and Crash were added to the game, it wouldn't be your childhood Heroes. And I'm here to explain once and for all why.

Reason 1: Character Design.

Remember these lovely motherF****ers?
   Spyro n Crash

Well after a couple of years being forcefed Cocaine by Activision, now they look....like this:

Drug Addict #1    Jersey Shore Crash

That's right a Purple Goblin and a Jersey Shore'd Crash. You might say "LOL youz ignorant! Superbot would never use those designs!"...Well that takes me to.

Reason 2: Activision Calls the Shots
See, thing is if you´re the M Night. Shyamalan of videogames like activision is, you will refuse to aknowledge other companie's designs as better than yours. In their corporate mind, they saved Crash and Spyro, made them better, juveniles attractive, marketeable. They would never use the lame designs Naughty Dog and Insomniac used. They want to market their improved versions, since they will be the ones used from now on. No point in advertising other people's work instead of ours.

You might say "But Gd, CAPCOM also used a new version of Dante, they know what fans want, so they will add their original looks as alternate costumes!!": And it's a Valid question, the answer is, BOTH Dantes were designed and advertised by Capcom, both Dantes being advertised would increase interest not only on DmC (With the new design) but also in DMC HD and DMC 4 (Old Design) all of these give CAPCOM sales and money...Activision giving permision to use an old design will be pretty much advertising the PSone version of Crash/Spyro, which would represent little income for the IP holders (If any) and precious money going to the original devs, namely Naughty Dog and Insomniac.

Reason 3: Un-Iconic Movestes
Following reason 2, we focus now on gameplay itseld, bet you were dying to use Crash spin attacks, slides,and Body Slams and use the Wumpa Fruit bazooka and Aku Aku for supers right?.(.".hah hah..No."-Activision, 2012) what you're getting are generic goofy jabs, kicks and monster mind controlling attacks, yeah you read it right. Need some proof here it is!

How about Spyro? Well not only he's NOT a MAIN CHARACTER now, he's moves are...well...thIS

And yes, Spyro is in the video...arround 3:42 or something.

CONCLUSION:

While Original Crash and Spyro were amazingly good and deserve to be in the game, they are long gone. MAYBE you want the new Crash or Spyro, but Im certain that if you do, you are enjoying them on the Wii. and by no means you consider them PlayStation Icons as most of us here do.

Crash and Spyro NOT being in the game at least spares us from the gigantic amount of hate superbot and the game would recieve for "Being marketing tools" or "Ignorinf PS legacy"...want an example? Check out the comments about Dante's new desing, and let me tell you, at least he keeps most of his original moves...Unlike the 2 monster here.

I dont think this as Activision saying NO to Crash and Spyro, I think of this situation as Activision saying no to add some random creatures they designed for multiplat crappy games trying to pass as PS AllStars...And Im thankful for it. New Crash and New Spyro DO NOT deserve to be in this game. Dante may be different, but he was added to the game by their original creators with his moveset being pretty similar to both old and new DMC. Crash and Spyro would be handled by a Company that not only did not create them...but made their moves generic and boring.

Hope this little rant make you reconsider all of your hate towards superbot, since even knowing about all of this and knowing they would be hated with or without Crash, they tried their best to get him. As for the game? I'm Still buying, it's still epic

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (2,143 Views)
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Re: The Lack of Crash and Spyro might be for the better (Realistic Thread)

Oct 8, 2012
Cool.
Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/kinghuevos
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (2,133 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Oct 8, 2012
You're totally right bro :smileyhappy:... they would never allow superbot to use the original ones, maybe it's better like that... why :smileysad: why did Insomniac and Naughty Dog let them go? :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (2,098 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 8, 2012

ElRorro55 wrote:
You're totally right bro :smileyhappy:... they would never allow superbot to use the original ones, maybe it's better like that... why :smileysad: why did Insomniac and Naughty Dog let them go? :smileysad:

universal always had the rights. thats how activision got them. insomniac and naughty dog never did

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (2,084 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
743 posts

Oct 8, 2012
I disagree with you on Crash. Crash of the Titans was one of the games I grew up playing, so of course I like it. I know that it isn't the old Crash, but it still has a great moveset potential (In fact, I want Crash to hijack a Ratcicle as his Level 3 if he makes it in).
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (2,077 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Oct 8, 2012
I wish Activision would give back Crash and Spyro... But they would never do that because of skylander's success. Booo I'm sad. I miss Crash and Spyro.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (2,072 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Oct 8, 2012
^ lol, you must be like 13 years old... that crash is like an insult... well, in other ways, that's not crash
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (2,063 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

Oct 8, 2012

For real, kid Download Crash Bandicoot 3:WARPED.

And then talk to me about which Crash is better, and don't make me show the reviews!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (2,043 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
242 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
I disagree with you on Crash. Crash of the Titans was one of the games I grew up playing, so of course I like it. I know that it isn't the old Crash, but it still has a great moveset potential (In fact, I want Crash to hijack a Ratcicle as his Level 3 if he makes it in).

Get out.

http://fretless94.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (2,032 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 8, 2012
i kind of like crash's new look....even though those **bleep** tattoos are horrendous. As for spyro...well activision needs to take their head out of their **bleep**
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (2,025 Views)
0 Likes