Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Re: The King of All Cosmos as a Possible Character

Jun 12, 2012

You know, at first I thought he'd be better off a background character but you've convinced me. The King would be an amazing character to see in this game. His style of art would just be so outrageously colorful and fun to put in next to dark characters like Kratos, Big Daddy, and Sweet Tooth. The attack suggestions right now are pretty sweet. He is added to my list!

Message 11 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 12, 2012

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

You know, at first I thought he'd be better off a background character but you've convinced me. The King would be an amazing character to see in this game. His style of art would just be so outrageously colorful and fun to put in next to dark characters like Kratos, Big Daddy, and Sweet Tooth. The attack suggestions right now are pretty sweet. He is added to my list!

Photobucket Off for the night bros. I really need to take a break.

glad to hear it man!  i really hope he makes it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 12, 2012

He would be a real great addition lol I never even thought of him being included! there are so many great characters out there.

Message 13 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Jun 12, 2012

I don't know anything about the Katamari series... so.. is he a fighter? Melee?

Photobucket
Message 14 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Besides he and crash bandicoot was on MAD

I was SHOCK to see crash and sonic made me go WTF HAPPEN TO YOU xD

BeFunky_Untitled
Message 15 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1724 posts

Jun 12, 2012

That video, that video made me cry.

Expression =

Photobucket
Message 16 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 13, 2012

MrEpic1 wrote:

I don't know anything about the Katamari series... so.. is he a fighter? Melee?

In the katamari games, you never actually play as the king.  you play as the prince, the king tells you the rules for the level, and then gives you your final score at the end.  most of his powers are directed towards the prince when he screws up and in one of the games, if the prince screwed up, he would tie the prince to the wall and use him as a punching bag (it was revealed in a flashback that he had been boxing since he was a kid).  In PSASBR, the king would most likely be very melee-centric with lots of boxing combos and some eye lasers and such thrown in as his range moves

Message 17 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 13, 2012

Wouldnt the Prince have to be prioritizedf over the King? Its like having the fairy in SSBB instead of Link.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ly1nxj.jpg
Message 18 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 13, 2012

CrimsonSteer wrote:

Wouldnt the Prince have to be prioritizedf over the King? Its like having the fairy in SSBB instead of Link.

the only difference is the katamari games aren't about the prince...like at all.  the story of each game is literally about the king and almost all the cutscenes have him as the main focus. the king is also the most recognizable face and has infinite attack possibilities.  you don't play as a big daddies in bioshock but big daddies are the most recognizable faces of the bioshock franchise and have more attack possibilities.  this may sound odd but even though you play as the prince, the main character is the king. i talked about this exact question in my original post on the first page

Message 19 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jun 13, 2012

The king has a better look to him than the prince imo, the prince looks like that green dude from LOZ (not link lol)

Message 20 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes