Jun 10 2012
By: this_is_Marko Gaming Beast 2075 posts

The King of All Cosmos as a Possible Character

[ Edited ]
58 replies 2512 views Edited Nov 10, 2012

The King of All Cosmos

That's right! Anybody who's been reading these forums knows how much i love this guy and how badly i want him in PSASBR so here's a thread about it.

KingofAllCosmos.jpg

Why putting the King of All Cosmos in PSASBR would make sense:

His series of games, "Katamari Damacy", started and grew to wild popularity on the PS2 even to the point that pop cultures shows such as "The Simpsons" made references to it.  Almost all of the games have been on a playstation console (PS2, PS3, PSP, PSVita)

Why putting the King of All Cosmos in PSASBR would be fun:

He would make for an excellent change of pace.  Many people are requesting characters that are realistic and use guns or swords.  Don't get me wrong, I definately think Nathan Drake and Kratos deserve to be there and want them in as much as everyone else but I would also love some characters that aren't as serious in addition to them.  Parappa, Fat Princess, and Sir Dan are great examples of that and joke characters such as these are extremely welcome in my book.  His super moves would also look incredible.

Why choose the King of All Cosmos over the Prince of all Cosmos?

Even though the King has never been a playable character before, He is the most recognizable and most parodied character in the entire series. Radec, Fat Princess, and Big Daddies have never been playable either but they are the most recognizable faces of their respective series.  The King also has more combat opportunities than the Prince.  He used to be a boxer so he would have some real strong melee moves and punch combos.  He also has countless powers that could be used for super moves which I'll go over later. 

How would the King of All Cosmos' Moveset be?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/The-King-of-All-Cosmos-CUSTOM-MO...

Isn't the King of All Cosmos way too big to fit in the arena?

The King has stated in his games that he is able to change his size.  This could also make for an excellant super move.

Who would be the rival for the King of All Cosmos?

The best rival for the King of all Cosmos would be Kratos.  In all of the God of War games, the main goal of Kratos is to slay all of the gods.  In the Katamari Damacy series, the King of All Cosmos is the god of everything.  It's a perfect set up!

Ideas for Super Moves:

Any combination of boxing moves/uppercut: As stated before, he used to be a boxer

Black Hole Creation: In one of the games, he once accidentally created a black hole by serving the ball too hard in a match of tennis

Summoning the Prince: As in every game, he could demand the prince to roll a katamari across the screen which would hit the other players

Star Creation: In every game, he explodes katamaris into stars. Maybe he could explode his opponents into stars.  this could also work as the finale to a super where he summons the prince to roll everyone up into a katamari and then explode them into a star when the super is over

Rain Down Meteors: In one game, he would punish the prince when the prince screwed up by launching meteors down on top of him while insulting the Prince at the same time.  He could do this same thing in PSASBR.  This special would be similar to Ness'/Lucus' final smash in Brawl

Eye Lasers: In every game the King can shoot lasers from his eyes.  This may work better as one of his normal moves but it's worth mentioning.

Change Size: The King of the Cosmos could change his size to giant and stomp on other players.  He may be able to shoot eye lasers at them as well if that ability is not used for another super

Roll His Own Katamari: The King has mentioned in the games that he sometimes rolls the sun around for fun.  Imagine a super where he is rolling the sun into people

Summoning Robo-King: In one game, a robot duplicate of the King was built.  In PSASBR, he would summon the Robo-King to fight along side him or for him for the duration of the super move

Katamari Cousins: The prince and his cousins are under the king's command.  He could summon them to wreak havok across the entire screen (idea by evilmonkey2295)

Royal Rainbow: This is the one everyone was waiting for.  In every single game, The King is able to shoot a rainbow beam out of his mouth that takes over the entire screen.  His head would appear above the stage and shoot this beam out of his mouth engulfing the entire screen.  Another option for the royal rainbow is for his head to appear huge at the top of the screen.  you can use the control stick to move his head horizontally across the top of the screen and press the square button to shoot columns of rainbows downward.  it would almost be like space invaders

IDEAS FOR ALTERNATE COSTUMES:

King1.jpg

Katamari Damacy Costume

king2.jpg

Me and My Katamari Costume

king3.jpg

Beautiful Katamari Costume

king4.jpg

Touch my Katamari Costume

king6.jpg

Robo-King

king6.jpg

Katamari Forever Costume (my personal favorite Smiley Happy)

If anyone has any ideas for super moves, costumes, or just want to see him in the game, leave a comment please!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 59 (2,512 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: The King of All Cosmos as a Possible Character

Jun 7, 2012

Urgh... I cringe at the idea of seeing the King of all Cosmos prancing around in the game...

...But at the same time, I kind of want to see it...

...I'M CONFUSED!

Message 1 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 7, 2012

Please, there's already a thread about character wishlist...add this character to that thread...More people will see it.

Message 2 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 7, 2012

which thread is the official character wishlist? and is there a way to merge this one with it or should i just copy and paste? Sorry this is my first time making a thread

Message 3 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 7, 2012

I think I can see more of a level rather than a character.

Message 4 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Wow, you really know your stuff. I don't know too much about Katamari but I have another idea for a super move. He could summon the prince along with all of the cousins (I believe their called) to start wrecking havok across the screen.

Message 5 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jun 10, 2012

Holy crap! I just mad e a topic of my top fav PS duo's and he (and the Prince) was on it. xD

Message 6 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 10, 2012

evilmonkey2295 wrote:

Wow, you really know your stuff. I don't know too much about Katamari but I have another idea for a super move. He could summon the prince along with all of the cousins (I believe their called) to start wrecking havok across the screen.

that's an excellent idea.  i'm adding that to the list

Message 7 of 59 (2,512 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 10, 2012

I really want this guy, really bad. I really doubt Superbot gave any thought to a lot of these awesome suggestions though. They shouldnt have begun development without asking fans who thye want to see.

King of all cosmos could vomit rainbows and shoot lasers out of his eyes lmao.

Message 9 of 59 (2,511 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Jrange378 wrote:

I really want this guy, really bad. I really doubt Superbot gave any thought to a lot of these awesome suggestions though. They shouldnt have begun development without asking fans who thye want to see.

King of all cosmos could vomit rainbows and shoot lasers out of his eyes lmao.

he'd be so outrageous compared to the gritty look of most of the other characters.  Kratos may have taken down Zeus but he's no match for the likes of a true god, the king of all cosmos!

Message 10 of 59 (2,511 Views)
0 Likes