Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: The King of All Cosmos as a Possible Character

Oct 9, 2012

Great thread and amazing work on developing on the King, kudos!

Message 51 of 59 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 10, 2012

HabeeNo wrote:

Great thread and amazing work on developing on the King, kudos!

thanks a lot bro! i appreciate it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 52 of 59 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 10, 2012
so its a guy with a rolled up mat on his face?
Message 53 of 59 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Oct 10, 2012
btw great job on the thread, thank god its not a wall of text
Message 54 of 59 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 11, 2012

krusher10 wrote:
so its a guy with a rolled up mat on his face?

a guy with a rolled up mat on his face that has ultimate divine power, yes hahaha.  and thanks man!  i worked really hard on this thread

Message 55 of 59 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Nov 10, 2012

I'd enjoy at least one attack that involved swinging Prince around as a blunt weapon. XD

Message 56 of 59 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Nov 10, 2012

SpacePirateKhan wrote:

I'd enjoy at least one attack that involved swinging Prince around as a blunt weapon. XD

haha poor prince.  always getting the short end of the stick haha

Message 57 of 59 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Nov 11, 2012

Let me tell you, this idea is FABULOUS. I just wanna say that I've been thinking about making an account for a while, but this thread was the push that had me make an account for the forums. I personally believe the Prince should be in more than the King, but it would be cool if they took the Smash Bros route and had two characters for this IP like Cole and Evil Cole, but this idea is great. I REALLY like the idea of him using the lightning eyes he used as punishment in We Love Katamari as a super.

While we're on the subject of Katamari, I kind of wish they had a Parappa and Katamari mashup stage. It would start out as the Dojo, and you would see a small katamari being pushed by one of the cousins. It would just go from the left side to the right side of the screen, and you would only see it small once, while in the top left corner you see the katamari's size like you do in the games. after about a minute of fighting, Master onion would kick down the walls and you would see the Katamari has grown huge, and is rolling up the city. The screen would then pan right and the fighters would jump on some cars, and the cars would start driving away from the Katamari (it would be like in Smash bros where if you touch the ground while the cars are moving you take damage, or in this case, lose AP. the Katamari would be getting closer and closer, and right before it picks you up, a giant Master Onion hand smashes down on it, and it goes flying. The cars keep driving until the giant Master Onion is in full view,  and then the cars stop, allowing the characters to stand on the ground. After about 10 seconds of seeing people cheer around Master Onion, the King of All Cosmos then flies down, and the rest of the stage is just the King and Master Onion in a fisticuffs match in the background. 

its great that people like you are making movesets for Katamari characters, seeing as Katamari is a big franchise, but for some reason people seem to forget about them in their lists of characters they want to see. Katamari has had only ONE game that was not exclusive to a Sony console, but for some reason i have not seen many people asking for any Katamari charcters. I want Crash in the game just as much as the nexy guy, but Katamari REALLY needs to be in this game too, and seeing as they were originally planning to put the Prince in, it really sucks that they couldn't figure out some way to get him to work.

Message 58 of 59 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 11, 2012

BakonKart64 wrote:

Let me tell you, this idea is FABULOUS. I just wanna say that I've been thinking about making an account for a while, but this thread was the push that had me make an account for the forums. I personally believe the Prince should be in more than the King, but it would be cool if they took the Smash Bros route and had two characters for this IP like Cole and Evil Cole, but this idea is great. I REALLY like the idea of him using the lightning eyes he used as punishment in We Love Katamari as a super.

While we're on the subject of Katamari, I kind of wish they had a Parappa and Katamari mashup stage. It would start out as the Dojo, and you would see a small katamari being pushed by one of the cousins. It would just go from the left side to the right side of the screen, and you would only see it small once, while in the top left corner you see the katamari's size like you do in the games. after about a minute of fighting, Master onion would kick down the walls and you would see the Katamari has grown huge, and is rolling up the city. The screen would then pan right and the fighters would jump on some cars, and the cars would start driving away from the Katamari (it would be like in Smash bros where if you touch the ground while the cars are moving you take damage, or in this case, lose AP. the Katamari would be getting closer and closer, and right before it picks you up, a giant Master Onion hand smashes down on it, and it goes flying. The cars keep driving until the giant Master Onion is in full view,  and then the cars stop, allowing the characters to stand on the ground. After about 10 seconds of seeing people cheer around Master Onion, the King of All Cosmos then flies down, and the rest of the stage is just the King and Master Onion in a fisticuffs match in the background. 

its great that people like you are making movesets for Katamari characters, seeing as Katamari is a big franchise, but for some reason people seem to forget about them in their lists of characters they want to see. Katamari has had only ONE game that was not exclusive to a Sony console, but for some reason i have not seen many people asking for any Katamari charcters. I want Crash in the game just as much as the nexy guy, but Katamari REALLY needs to be in this game too, and seeing as they were originally planning to put the Prince in, it really sucks that they couldn't figure out some way to get him to work.

Welcome to the forums, my friend, and its an honor to be your first post.

Believe it or not, the King is actually receiving A LOT of attention from superbot right now.  I've been talking with someone at Superbot and sent him the opening post of this thread and he responded in 2 hours.  He told me that my idea of the King as playable has been sent through the crew at superbot and they're excited about it.  Like you said, they wanted a katamari rep before but couldn't really figure out how to get him to work.  It sounds like switching to the King has helped alleviate some of these problems as the King has more moveset potential (eye lasers, boxing, meteors, flight, etc).  Again, I don't know if we'll actually get him, but it seems to be pointing to the King as highly likely DLC.  Superbot also said that Namco was the easiest 3rd party company to work with and practically gave Heihachi away.

Btw, I love your stage.  Their worlds just fit perfectly

If you haven't already, please read and comment on my custom moveset for the King -> (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/The-King-of-All-Cosmos-CUSTOM-MO...

Another forum member also set up a petition for him.  If you'd like, sign it. -> (http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Petition-for-the-King-of-all-Cos...

The King is one of my favorite video game characters of all time and his series is the stuff of all-stars!  Katamari Forever!

Message 59 of 59 (193 Views)
0 Likes