Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: The King of All Cosmos CUSTOM MOVESET!

Feb 19, 2013
Wow you are a genius! The only characters I really want in this game is King of all cosmos, sora, spyro, and crash.
Message 111 of 292 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 19, 2013

KomodoBrothers wrote:
Wow you are a genius! The only characters I really want in this game is King of all cosmos, sora, spyro, and crash.

Haha Thanks man!  I only really want a handful of characters too.  The King, crash, snake, and cloud are the big ones.  Theres a few more i'd like but those 4 are at my top.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 112 of 292 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Nice retrospective.

Message 113 of 292 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 20, 2013

retrosoul22 wrote:

Nice retrospective.

thanks!  i got one more game left to write about.  I wanted shed a little history on why the king deserves to be there

Message 114 of 292 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Feb 20, 2013
The royal stomp kinda sounds like heihachis' level 1 on steroids :/
Message 115 of 292 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 26, 2013

SirDespair wrote:
The royal stomp kinda sounds like heihachis' level 1 on steroids :/

A little bit haha.  It's kind of like how Sly's level 1 is like Fat Princess' level 1 on steroids...or just less cake haha

Message 116 of 292 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Feb 26, 2013

There is no one I want more than the king. I love this moveset, my fav custom by far. My only thing is, wouldnt his flight mode make him op? he could just fly around all game..

PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 117 of 292 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 26, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:

There is no one I want more than the king. I love this moveset, my fav custom by far. My only thing is, wouldnt his flight mode make him op? he could just fly around all game..

I was thinking about that.  The easiest way to fix that would be to put a "flight meter" above his super meter.  Whenever he enters flight mode, that meter would go down fairly quickly.  Being out of flight mode begins to refill the meter.  That way you can't fly around the entire time

Message 118 of 292 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Feb 26, 2013

KATAMARI RETROSPECTIVE: PART 6

It’s time for the most recent game in the series

250px-Touch_My_Katamari_cover.jpg

TOUCH MY KATAMARI for the PS VITA

CONTROLS

Considering the vita actually has two analog sticks, the katamari game moves just like the console versions.  The only difference is that R jump and L does a 180 degree turn (as opposed to clicking both sticks in to do a 180 degree turn)

NEW FEATURES

The main gameplay change is the ability to change the shape of your katamari.  Pushing your thumbs towards each other on the touch screen will squish your katamari vertically, allowing you to move faster and squeeze through tight spots.  Pushing your thumbs away from each other causing your katamari to flatten out, moving slower but covering more ground to pick up items.  The this game also has a currency system using “candies”.  “Candies” are awarded for how well you’ve done on a level and are used to purchase items in the in-game shop such as music tracks, new modes for levels, and even clothes for the king (allowing you to customize how he looks in game).  This game is also the first time the King has had a 3d model.

STORY

Its been a while since the King of All Cosmos has saved the universe and his fans are getting a little bored with him.  One day, after watching a play about the King, a boy asked his father, “Who is more awesome, The King or my school principal?”  The father is stumped by this question and takes some time to think about it.  The mother responds by saying, “I think they’re both equally awesome.”  The King overhears this conversation and is so shocked by what he hears, that he becomes an absolute train wreck.  In order to win back his fans, he starts taking requests on what he should improve, sends his son to make a katamari that has to do with that request, and then eating the katamari to fulfill that request.  For example, one person said the King has gained a ton of weight and needs to become fit again like he used to be.  The King then sends the Prince to roll a katamari made of athletic things.  After the katamari is made, the King eats it, making him fit again.

While reviewers said this game is great for newcomers to the series and the control is a lot less clunky than “Me and My Katamari” on PSP, “Touch my Katamari” might be a bit stale for veterans of the series as there are many recycled stages.  While the reuse of past stages in Katamari Forever worked (as it was the “best of collection” for the katamari series and implied to be the final game of the series), it just comes off as lazy in this game. 

In the last post of this retrospective, I will recap the katamari series as a whole.

(Touch My Katamari Intro Video)

Message 119 of 292 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Mar 4, 2013

KATAMARI RETROSPECTIVE: PART 7 FINAL!

So we've finally made it to the end of the retrospective.  It took a while to get here with how much i've had to do for school.  To sum up all of the games...

KatamariDamacybox.jpg

Katamari Damacy for ps2

"The one that started it all.  Has the most memorable story and is classic in every sense of the word"

We_♥_Katamari.png

We love Katamari for ps2

"Considered to be the best game in the entire series by most fans"

Me and my katamari.png

Me and My Katamari for PsP

"It plays a little clunky due to the lack of analog sticks but still fun.  You're better off playing the console versions though"

255px-Beautiful_katamari_cover.jpg

Beautiful Katamari on Xbox360

"The ugly duck of the series.  Lacked the spark that the other entries had"

KatamariForever.jpg

Katamari Forever for the Ps3

"An HD best of collection of the previous games.  Contains the most content out of any game in the series"

250px-Touch_My_Katamari_cover.jpg

Touch my Katamari for PsVita

"Controls much better than 'Me and My Katamari' but the rehashed levels makes this game better for newcomers than veterans"

FINAL THOUGHTS

So what do I think should happen to series in the future?  I think it should take a well-deserved break.  I love this series so much.  It provided a gaming experience unlike any other.  Katmari Forever is one of my favorite games of all time but, in order to keep things fresh, they should retire the sereies for a while. The creator, Keita Takahashi, said himself that he wasn't trying to innovate gaming or make a ton of money.  With how serious he thought most video games were getting, he was just trying to make a game that was silly and fun.  But I believe it’s time for Katamari to take its place in gaming history, and what better way to do that then to put in the character from this series that has called playstation his home for the past 9 years!  Let’s get the KING OF ALL COSMOS in playstation allstars!  Long Live the KING!

Message 120 of 292 (126 Views)
0 Likes