Wastelander
579 posts

Re: The Journey To Black Belt

Jan 23, 2013
I can teach you some effective playstyles tomorrow if you want.
PSN: SlyZoneCooper
Mains: Big Daddy, Sweet Tooth
Learning: Ratchet, Sir Daniel
Message 11 of 34 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Redskinsrock2689 wrote:

KiDMachTwo wrote:
(BTW, heroicmoises, the 2100 black belt in 2v2, simply spams slys barrel and electric roll while his jak friend spams his blaster.) 

Umm, that doesn't sound even close to Heroicmoises' play style. Smiley Indifferent. If he "spams" 2 moves, its teleport and counter.

I was playing with Blackspawn.......all Moises did was teleport and did the right or left triangle either roll or cane hit and the barrel while silver did that little combo you hit them up and use the glider and also the rifle with jak......almost beat them  we will one of these days since we know the moves they do now

Sleep Matt signature
Message 12 of 34 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Can't wait to face em again. I've had friends face me and spam sly moves, also 1v3 level 5 slys. Learned how to effectively counter most moves.
Message 13 of 34 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

YEAH we 4 LEVEL 3s in one match heck yeah good games today also theres a 2v2 torny on allstararenas and we should enter

Learn to fight
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html
Message 14 of 34 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Jan 23, 2013
@op

I don't mean to sound cheeky if I do. Would it be possible to help me get to black belt, I've tried and ive tried, the highest i have been is 96 brown, I've been 80+ brown about 30 times but my partners always end up failing on me e.i no kills etc (not all the time)

Today i wanted a journey to black and had 86 brown, with spammers etc and losing 10 belts per loss I've ended up back and 50 red (grr) and really need a good player if you wouldn't mind that.
Message 15 of 34 (109 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Jan 23, 2013

KiDMachTwo wrote:
Air over triangle. a lot. Great mobility and leads into ap burst combos. I also make great use of his ice. Comes in handy. Ground smash is great, but NEVER start it in the ground. Start it in the air, and ONLY if you can get both opponents, or if your partner handles the other. Tornado, A LOT. With ice always out, and tornado, you control the area.

Nice thanks a lot, I use the Plasmids a bit, but clearly not enough. I also have to go and learn 1 or two of those great Persona combos (link)

Persona always makes whatever game he gets his hands on look amazing. My personal favorite is sweet tooth's level 1 and 2 confirm out of the down grab.

And yes although I cannot promise I will actually have any time to play tomorrow if you want to friend me or something I'd really like some help stepping up my big daddy game. I honestly thought he would be my main until I got online and realized his hitbox was so massive. 

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 16 of 34 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jan 23, 2013
That +2000 Sly is so cheap and he keeps posting on Facebook, whenever his spammy character reaches high belt numbers
"Oh I'm just doing this for a friend, while he's on holiday" lol xD
Message 17 of 34 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
579 posts

Jan 23, 2013
Rikki, yeah ill help you tonight.

Txel, hell yeah. We'll tear em up lol.

Bigpoppa, ill add you tonight.
Message 18 of 34 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 23, 2013
U say the matchs u lost was cuz of spammers. U dont think its a bit arrogant? No offence just credit those who won u.
Message 19 of 34 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
207 posts

Jan 23, 2013
some people won legit but most of the really high black belts are huge spammers abusing attacks that should be nerfed and im not complaing about hit confirms ect ect that 2000+ sly only used 3 moves the entire game and the jake used 4 the entire game no AP burst combos nothing just spam
Learn to fight
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/prologue.html
Message 20 of 34 (48 Views)
0 Likes