Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: The Irony of All-Stars?

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Furthermore, I must be the only one in the world that likes the simple menus.

I agree! Well...not completely, Bioshock 2 was really lackluster to me. And in a way, kind of undermined the original's solid ending.

While I agree that 2 was not as good as the first, I still really enjoyed it. I will say, though, that I'm not looking forward to Infinite.

Really, why not? Infinite seems to be taking the series to new heights. (Literally!) It looks to rely less on its predecessors so it can do its own thing and remain accessible.

I've heard that you can only hold 2 guns in Infinite. That's a huge turn-off for me.

Furthermore, while it may evoke the same feeling and general idea, it just doesn't scream 'Bioshock' to me. It looks like it could be a good game in it's own right, but I'm not comfortable with it being a Bioshock game, if you catch my drift. 

It's also removing the silent protagonist vessel, and giving us an actual character this time. I really don't know what to think of this. This could wind up being either a really good thing or a really bad thing. We'll have to wait and see.

Huh, I didn't hear about that two weapon limit. And I certainly agree just calling it something plain like "Infinite" and making it its own series would've been more appropriate. I really do tire of these milking-the-franchise scenarios and forced trilogies we keep seeing in the industry. It's like when people yearn for a direct sequel to inFamous 2 or Red Dead Redemption, completely oblivious to the fact they had strong, conclusive endings. (See: Any Final Fantasy before X.)

Nevertheless, it holds a lot of potential in my eyes. Smiley Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 21 of 63 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Infamous 2 didnt have a conclusive ending... that lightning bolt totally meant he was still alive Smiley Tongue
Message 22 of 63 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 6, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
Infamous 2 didnt have a conclusive ending... that lightning bolt totally meant he was still alive Smiley Tongue

Please be sarcastic... *crosses fingers* http://i.imgur.com/7JEpN.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 23 of 63 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Dec 6, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

I was haha, if Suckerpunch is gonna make a new Infamous I hope it doesnt have Cole in it lol. They ended it really well imo. 

Message 24 of 63 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Dec 6, 2012
just so you know OP,
Everything is a Matter of Taste,
like for instance, you think Heavenly Sword was crap, i think it is one of the best games on the PS3, definitely one of my favs,

and while you have high expectations because of games, i have 'low' expectations, 'cause all the matters to me is whether the game is fun or not,
because having high expectations can ruin anything, be it a game, a movie, or a stage of life!
this game IS fun, and it is one of my favs,

just because YOU think it's a dissapointment, doesn't mean EVERYONE think it's a dissapointment...
Play For Fun!
Message 25 of 63 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Dec 6, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:

Strife93 wrote:

boboMELOSHE wrote:

I was haha, if Suckerpunch is gonna make a new Infamous I hope it doesnt have Cole in it lol. They ended it really well imo. 

I agree in that an inFAMOUS 3 should NOT feature Cole in it, or if it does... they would need a VERY clever ruse into how to make it.

Having played with the Ice powers, id love to see a story of some other person, taken place in some other place far away from Eastern Coast. Just because its "3" doesnt mean it has to be Cole Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 63 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 6, 2012
You need to stop making so many threads all pointing towards the same thing - that the game did not live up to your expectations. I think I've seen 5 or so threads in the past week or two saying the same thing, in a different manner (although the Nariko hate always comes in eventually).
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 27 of 63 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Dec 6, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
You need to stop making so many threads all pointing towards the same thing - that the game did not live up to your expectations. I think I've seen 5 or so threads in the past week or two saying the same thing, in a different manner (although the Nariko hate always comes in eventually).

Im sorry master, let me kiss your shoes and feed you grapes, since apparently i must do as you wish.

Message 28 of 63 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Ah I see, your 'that' guy. Nevermind, carry on you rebel.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 29 of 63 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Kudos for hating Nariko. I would give you a lot more kudos if you hated Nathan Drake and Cole too. Let the fanboys know that not everyone thinks that those games are the greatest things to grace this earth.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 30 of 63 (60 Views)