Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2012
By: SON_OF_KRATOS666 Uncharted Territory 1704 posts

The Irony of All-Stars?

62 replies 550 views Edited Dec 6, 2012

Is that many of the characters in the game, are from a series that are just flat out much better than All-Stars itself.

Replaying Bioshock (on Survivor, No Vita-Chambers) just makes me realize more how dissapointing and bad All-Stars is.

Granted, Bioshock is one of the greatest games made period, but none the less, im stil dissapointed with All-Stars.

Also, why do we have people from crap games like Heavenly Sword and Parappa the Rappa? If anything, SuperBot should be showcasing the games that were actually good, or atleast profitable.

Side note, i highly recommend, if you dont already, buying a pair of TurtleBeaches to play with. The sound quality you get when playing a game is amazing, and makes the experience that much better. Even in all-Stars the sound of killing and some attacks sound much nicer :]

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 63 (550 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: The Irony of All-Stars?

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

All stars is amazing you;re crazy. The other games are good but some people really like fighting games. These people are diehard fans. Cant wait for bioshock infinite thugh!! And how bout Last of Us.

I like fighters the most out of any genre of game easily. Also like FPS and am great on those as well. Saying this game is bad and saying bioshock is just etter is true and false. On one hand the story mode is amazing but it's online lacks replay value unless you;re playing with a squad of your friends. Fighting games are always fun and something like this can be good fun. Unfortunately this game isnt nearly as noob friendly as say smash...altho high level play smash is a whole different story...at least nubs can get kills in FFA sometimes...well... at least moreso than this game

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 63 (543 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 6, 2012

SON_OF_KRATOS666 wrote:

Is that many of the characters in the game, are from a series that are just flat out much better than All-Stars itself.

Replaying Bioshock (on Survivor, No Vita-Chambers) just makes me realize more how dissapointing and bad All-Stars is.

Granted, Bioshock is one of the greatest games made period, but none the less, im stil dissapointed with All-Stars.

Also, why do we have people from crap games like Heavenly Sword and Parappa the Rappa? If anything, SuperBot should be showcasing the games that were actually good, or atleast profitable.

Side note, i highly recommend, if you dont already, buying a pair of TurtleBeaches to play with. The sound quality you get when playing a game is amazing, and makes the experience that much better. Even in all-Stars the sound of killing and some attacks sound much nicer :]

1. How can you even compare the quality of Bioshock to Playstation All-Stars?  They're completely different in every way!

2. "...crap games like Heavenly Sword and Parappa the Rapper"  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?

3. Okay, I'll let that one slide.  Nothing wrong with a good pair of headphones  =P

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 63 (536 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Dec 6, 2012
Crap... Bio shock is mediocre at best..
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 63 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Dec 6, 2012
o plus gow uncharted 2 have equal scores.. all stars is not a bad game..
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 63 (520 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Dec 6, 2012
none of these characters come from fighting games so comparing them to their source material is just dumb. If ur a fan of shooters or story u will obviously enjoy ANY game over a fighter. PSASBR is great for what it is. Parappa is crap imo so i agree on that point but Heavenly Sword was amazing. Superbot didnt make this game with solely u in mind. Some people actually did like Parappa, some people do like the new Dante... its a matter of preference.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 63 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

Dec 6, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
none of these characters come from fighting games so comparing them to their source material is just dumb. If ur a fan of shooters or story u will obviously enjoy ANY game over a fighter. PSASBR is great for what it is. Parappa is crap imo so i agree on that point but Heavenly Sword was amazing. Superbot didnt make this game with solely u in mind. Some people actually did like Parappa, some people do like the new Dante... its a matter of preference.

As a whole though, this game is just dissapointing and outright bad.

they DELAYED it and STILL have a huge amount of bugs and blatant imbalances. PLUS THEY HAD A BETA.

The Menus are terrible, the composition and grouping was done in such a boring and uninspired way.

Arcade mode seems tacked on, relying on the mere hype of seeing polygon man again (who btw, has NO explination as to why he is even there)

Online choices are slim, and currently buggy and unreliable.

Offline mode is simply a joke, no innovation at all.

Honestly, Superbot tried soo hard to make it NOT like Smash, that it turned out to be its biggest downfall.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 63 (499 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Dec 6, 2012

This is really just comparing apples to oranges, to which I say: http://gifsoup.com/view5/4354705/**bleep**-wyoming-o.gif

Seriously, though. You wouldn't compare Citizen Kane to Jack & Jill. Nor would you compare Watchmen to Naruto. 
(For the record: I love Bioshock and am having a blast with All-Stars.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 63 (495 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 6, 2012
@frogmanlego Bioshock is mediocre? No just plain and simple. Either you haven't played Bioshock or just didn't understand when you did at all to make that statement.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 63 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

In your eyes, maybe. I really like All-Stars. It has it's issues, but I still find the game to be one of the most fun games in a while. Bioshock was fantastic, but not really because it was fun. It was a fantastic piece of storytelling with some really neat atmosphere. I honestly love the whole Bioshock franchise, but to compare the two is pointless. 

Furthermore, I must be the only one in the world that likes the simple menus.

And to add, Heavenly Sword did poorly in terms of reviews, but I enjoyed it. It was a really rough gem. 

and to say Parappa the Rapper is bad is entirely false. There is nothing that points to that being a bad game, especially considering he was temporarily a mascot. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 63 (482 Views)