Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Re: The Future of Playstation - Feb 20th 2013

Feb 1, 2013

Here is the Video in question.

Ok so I think that this indeed the PS4 reveal, why would they invite tons of video game site editors and such if they weren't going to make a big splash?

Let's say hypothetically this is a PS4 reveal, what do you think the launch line up would be?

Here's my bet

MediEvil (I don't think that they just brought back good Sir Dan for nothing)

Heavenly Sword 2 ( Is a cult hit among the people who have played it and could follow in the footsteps of the first)

Uncharted 4 ( Uncharted is Sony's Flagship you can be dang sure that Drake will make an apperence)

Something from Ubisoft (I thought of the good relationship between Ubi and Sony)

Something from Santa Monica (Twisted Metal 2, GoW IV, A sequal to Starhawk?)

Something from Square Enix (Something that instantly comes to mind is the fabled Final Fantasy Versus XIII and KH3)

A Metal Gear Game (Ground Zeros? Phantom Pain?)

A Ratchet and Clank Game 

Some new IP's from different Studios (Maybe something from SuperBot not involving PSASBR)

Finally Revivals, ( Along with MediEvil I think we will definetely see some PS1/PS2 games revived for a re-run, including maybe PaRappa the Rapper and other various games, Jak & Dax maybe?)

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 34 (683 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 1, 2013
My guess for the launch line up ?

New IP from Sucker Punch
Uncharted 4
Killzone 4
New IP from Santa Monica
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 34 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Excalibur0123 wrote:

Here is the Video in question.

Ok so I think that this indeed the PS4 reveal, why would they invite tons of video game site editors and such if they weren't going to make a big splash?

Let's say hypothetically this is a PS4 reveal, what do you think the launch line up would be?

Here's my bet

MediEvil (I don't think that they just brought back good Sir Dan for nothing)

Heavenly Sword 2 ( Is a cult hit among the people who have played it and could follow in the footsteps of the first)

Uncharted 4 ( Uncharted is Sony's Flagship you can be dang sure that Drake will make an apperence)

Something from Ubisoft (I thought of the good relationship between Ubi and Sony)

Something from Santa Monica (Twisted Metal 2, GoW IV, A sequal to Starhawk?)

Something from Square Enix (Something that instantly comes to mind is the fabled Final Fantasy Versus XIII and KH3)

A Metal Gear Game (Ground Zeros? Phantom Pain?)

A Ratchet and Clank Game 

Some new IP's from different Studios (Maybe something from SuperBot not involving PSASBR)

Finally Revivals, ( Along with MediEvil I think we will definetely see some PS1/PS2 games revived for a re-run, including maybe PaRappa the Rapper and other various games, Jak & Dax maybe?)

I honestly don't think there'll be that many anticipated games in the PS4 launch lineup...  Just have a look at the PS3 launch titles:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Call of Duty 3

Genji: Days of the Blade

Madden NFL 07

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

NBA 2K7

NHL 2K7

Resistance: Fall of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Tony Hawk's Project 8

There were only two first party games in the PS3 launch lineup (Resistance and Genji).  I think the PS4 launch will have 2 (maybe 3) games that people will go crazy for (most likely Uncharted 4 and something else) and then the rest of the games will be meh.  Now don't get me wrong, I would love to see all of those games make it onto the PS4 at some point, but I just don't think many of them will be launch titles

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 34 (672 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 1, 2013
True, perhaps a tease or announcement rather then an actual release at launch.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 34 (667 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2125 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2013

Can't forget the annual Call of Duty release, think if this is indeed a PS4 announcement Activision would have been notified for a long time now and they would have been in the know. Something as big as Call of Duty is bound to be released with the launch.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 34 (663 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Feb 1, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:

Can't forget the annual Call of Duty release, think if this is indeed a PS4 announcement Activision would have been notified for a long time now and they would have been in the know. Something as big as Call of Duty is bound to be released with the launch.

True I forgot about that, so CoD would be a must have for launch to make lotsa cash, and you can be dang sure that Microsoft will do that with Halo. 

Maybe i went a little over board on my guess line up,  like musicfreak said there would probably be 2 maybe 3 or 4 at the most. I really hope that we see a Heavenly Sword sequal.

vizionary brought up a good point though, what about annual releases like CoD and AC?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 34 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 1, 2013
A next gen Call of Duty has already been confirmed to be in development - so it is indeed possible. Dragon Age 3 is also being developed for next gen, although that one began work more recently.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 34 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Feb 1, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
A next gen Call of Duty has already been confirmed to be in development - so it is indeed possible. Dragon Age 3 is also being developed for next gen, although that one began work more recently.

They already confirmed a next gen CoD? Dang Activision move's fast lol

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 34 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Technically, it hasn't outright been confirmed, but Infanty Ward were hiring for a staff to work on the next gen title, which pretty much confirmed it to be in development.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 34 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Feb 1, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Technically, it hasn't outright been confirmed, but Infanty Ward were hiring for a staff to work on the next gen title, which pretty much confirmed it to be in development.

Oh ok that makes sense :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 34 (626 Views)
0 Likes