Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: The Final Boss Rumor *SPOILER*

Oct 21, 2012

"He also teased that the final boss for the game’s story mode will be a character that first appeared during the PlayStation 1 era.[Update: Looks like we jumped the gun a bit here and misquoted Kendall. What he actually said during the panel was "if you are big PlayStation fans, then you can probably figure out the last boss."]"

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/07/07/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-final-boss-will-be-from-the...

Read.

Message 21 of 44 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 21, 2012
Didnt they say recognisable to PS1 gamers on the Playstation Magazine interview scan - if anyone can dig it up ?
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 44 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 21, 2012

omar also said "he is a mastermind" talking about the final boss...so...its a dude for sure

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 23 of 44 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Oct 21, 2012

Hahahaha, this cant be true for 2 reasons

1. Negativitron is already featured in a map

2 superbot has already stated "old time fans of the playstation history, will recognize him"

so no... Its prolly polygon man

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 24 of 44 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

Oct 21, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

And didn't Omar say that the final boss is someone that PSone players would recognize?

He said it was one PlayStation fans would recognize, not just ps1.  

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 25 of 44 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Oct 21, 2012
http://i.minus.com/ibvVkECfTUnD9f.gif

Just look at this GIF for proof, he's in the Paris level already!
Photobucket
Message 26 of 44 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 21, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Didnt they say recognisable to PS1 gamers on the Playstation Magazine interview scan - if anyone can dig it up ?

I don't know about an scan of the interview, but here's the thread where it was discussed: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/PlayStation-Magazine-PSASBR-info...

It can't be Negativitron because of the article in the most recent issue of PSM

Message 27 of 44 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Oct 21, 2012

I actually remember Omar SAYING,not in a typed interview,he is from the ps1 era & he is not necessarily evil,negativatron tried to make craft world dissapear,seems pretty evil to me & sackboy & his friends defeated negativatron either way

Sly: Not a problem because ya know...
Bently: Don't say it!
Sly: That's how I roll!

Message 28 of 44 (169 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
944 posts

Oct 21, 2012
PSM claimed the boss is recognizable to old-school Playstation fans. The Negativitron is a fresh face.
All-Stars Conquistador Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fJp-EtS0QQk
Message 29 of 44 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 21, 2012

We'll just have to wait and see until either SB tells us or Rumba puts up the VO for the final boss. Runba in the GameFaqs forum (I'm guessing most ppl on here didn't even look at it) he states that when he opened up the file for the final boss VO he said that it had a cliche normal final boss voice (or something like that) I'll try to find exactly what he said though.

Here's what Rumba says in the OP:

soooo it took me a while to figure out the thing because 1) i couldn't open the file with software, let alone convert it. but voila i just tried opening it with another software (after a week) and whaddayaknow it worked. and 2) i couldn't recognize the voice AND the lines from the dialogue for i never played the game.

the file is an audio file of the stage. stages have audios for its ambience. for example, Metropolis has the rain sounds, Rival Arena has that eerie sound, etc. etc. and luckily the Boss Arena also has one.

from what i have gathered, the final boss is The Negativitron (sic) from LBP2. for starters, it could be that this guy is just a "mash-up or the giant monster" of the stage, BUT Superbot has referred to the final boss as a singular entity, AND his/its limited dialogue suggests that you need to defeat him. also, it would make sense that he doesn't have his own dialogue-only file because he's not playable anyway. no dialogue needed for picking up items or succeeding in the Trials.

now, i do not know if this will be a multi-stage boss a la Marvel vs. Capcom 2's Abyss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhtDoA7cjH8) because the Boss Arena music is originally 12 minutes long. the first 6 minutes is the Rival Arena music copy-pasted and the last 6 mins is the one that i put up. so take that with a grain of salt.

BUT, i took a look at Omar's EVO Q&A panel answer (for the very first question, i believe), and he talked about choosing a villain from the representative IPs and at the same time being recognizable by many, which further proved that it may very well be The Negativitron.

my thoughts on it? DISAPPOINTING.

Message 30 of 44 (165 Views)
0 Likes