Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Re: The Final Boss Fight in Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale!

Jul 25, 2012

Yeah well, at least he has some feelings, even if towards his family only.

We can say he's a rather cruel anti-hero, lol.

He's a good character anyway, before I played God Of War (which happened only this month because I bought a PS3) I thought he was the same flat character like Fenix from Gears... He's well written for being in an hack 'n slash game though, which doesn't require  that much of a psychology for the protagonist. He's interesting.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 50 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

You thought he was as flat as Marcus? lol. Although I can't blame you. Back when I was only a Nintendo fan and really didn't want to get with Sony, I personally thought he was just some psycho Spartan who was overpowered and needed a little Zoloft. But that was the old me. I've opened up to Sony (I'm still a hardcore Nintendo fan though) and I'm loving the experience.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 50 (857 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Jul 25, 2012

CountMario wrote:

You thought he was as flat as Marcus? lol. Although I can't blame you. Back when I was only a Nintendo fan and really didn't want to get with Sony, I personally thought he was just some psycho Spartan who was overpowered and needed a little Zoloft. But that was the old me. I've opened up to Sony (I'm still a hardcore Nintendo fan though) and I'm loving the experience.

Yes that's exactly what happened to me. I didn't know anything about the story, I just saw some gameplay footage. Also, I probably linked it to Gears Of War for some reason (the fact that they're both the most famous and loved franchise on their respective consoles, the fact the the name of the game is similar lol, the violence in both of them). But I couldn't continue the saga after Gears 2, which I find only a game with powerful graphics and nothing more. God Of war instead, I think it's not only fun but with more style. It surprised me, even if I've never been an hater. I'm a big Nintendo fan too anyway, since Nintendo 64. With the Gamecube I didn't have more needs, it was enough, but with the Wii... Lol I had to take 360 and PS3 too. Sad to say, I think that Nintendo won this generation only in economic means. But that's not what we were talking about anyway lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 50 (851 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Jul 25, 2012

My opinion is that there will be some villains of Sony's Exclusive sagas, that is to say, of Rachet, Jak, Sweet Tooth, and enclosed Cole might be attracted in order that he was a villain and then that were sticking two characters (Cole Evil vs Cole Good)... But inside all this conglomerate they would be Polygon Man that wants to return from the exile, which is the " World of the Oblivion " to be recognized as a star

Kevin Butler would stay well as the instructor or who you guide for PS's world

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 50 (850 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

CountMario wrote:

Yes that's exactly what happened to me. I didn't know anything about the story, I just saw some gameplay footage. Also, I probably linked it to Gears Of War for some reason (the fact that they're both the most famous and loved franchise on their respective consoles, the fact the the name of the game is similar lol, the violence in both of them). But I couldn't continue the saga after Gears 2, which I find only a game with powerful graphics and nothing more. God Of war instead, I think it's not only fun but with more style. It surprised me, even if I've never been an hater. I'm a big Nintendo fan too anyway, since Nintendo 64. With the Gamecube I didn't have more needs, it was enough, but with the Wii... Lol I had to take 360 and PS3 too. Sad to say, I think that Nintendo won this generation only in economic means. But that's not what we were talking about anyway lol.

Yeah, I could agree with what you said about Wii. However, there some really great titles like the Mario Galaxy games, Sonic Colors, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Return to Dream Land, Metroid Prime 3, etc. I'll admit that I didn't have as much of a library of fantastic Wii games as much as the GameCube has in my bookshelf (GameCube was also my first Nintendo console), but I think that it did have some very memorable favorites. lol, I admit that I am getting too off-subject here.

A League of Villains would be cool, but I think that this title will (and should) stick with just heroes versus heroes with a few villains and one big mastermind. I think something like a League of Villains should be saved for the sequel.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 50 (843 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Jul 25, 2012

If they decide for an actual Big Bad, or Mastermind, I wouldn't like a pre-existing character like Zeus. It's like picking favourites, it's like saying Zeus is the best villain on Playstation, or at least it seems to me it is. I'd prefer an original character like they did in Melee/Brawl, with the Hands and then Tabuu.

Anyway I read that the story will be different basing on which character you choose. I mean it's an arcade mode with a final cutscenes and maybe some in between, am I right? I would like much more something like the Subspace Emissary though. They could make a story mode of like 6/7 hours, with a storyline in which every character is involved, and then a little epilogue in the arcade mode. In this case it wouldn't be boring to complete with everyone like it is in Brawl, at least. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 50 (834 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 25, 2012

RexLozuresky wrote:

If they decide for an actual Big Bad, or Mastermind, I wouldn't like a pre-existing character like Zeus. It's like picking favourites, it's like saying Zeus is the best villain on Playstation, or at least it seems to me it is. I'd prefer an original character like they did in Melee/Brawl, with the Hands and then Tabuu.

Anyway I read that the story will be different basing on which character you choose. I mean it's an arcade mode with a final cutscenes and maybe some in between, am I right? I would like much more something like the Subspace Emissary though. They could make a story mode of like 6/7 hours, with a storyline in which every character is involved, and then a little epilogue in the arcade mode. In this case it wouldn't be boring to complete with everyone like it is in Brawl, at least. 

For your first paragraph, yes, I completely agree. That's why I want it to be Polygon Man, who was PlayStation's commercial mascot for a few months before he was canceled. He can easily be a mysterious almighty force and have weird powers with his mystical  look and have a grudge at the heroes who stole his stardom. I would also like to point out how there are strange POLYGONS everywhere in PlaySTation All-Stars with the blue hexagons and PlayStation symbols...

Polygon Man

As for your second paragraph, yes it is like that. Each character is also paired with another as rivals and they meet in a cutscene before they battle. It's sort of like the event/special battle of the Arcade Mode before the final boss. Watch from 10:20 of this video to fully understand what it is and a prototype cutscene of Toro and Heihachi as rivals:

However, I do agree that I would like some big story like Subspace Emissary was. However, I think that the advantage here is that sort of thing could be saved for a sequel and the game is already doing pretty well for a first installment.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 50 (829 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1659 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I like the Polygon Man a lot, he's even creepy and cool. It could work, it kinda reminds me the story of Epic Mickey, a scrapped off and forgotten character who comes back to take revenge. Funny.

I also agree with the second part. Anyway the only thing I pretend is a kick-**bleep** online mode, and the respectives of the trophies from Smash, probably a simple dossier-like mode as it was in the original Smash Bros. For the story there's time, hoping this game sells good.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 50 (826 Views)
Survivor
2494 posts

Jul 25, 2012
I loved Epic Mickey, and a lot of animated Disney movies actually (I'll admit that I'm a huge Disney fan and not younger than ten-years old, shoot me) Also, I'm hoping for the same exact thing. I love collecting trophy in Smash and I think something similar would be great for this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 50 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4213 posts

Jul 25, 2012

CountMario wrote:

RexLozuresky wrote:

For your first paragraph, yes, I completely agree. That's why I want it to be Polygon Man, who was PlayStation's commercial mascot for a few months before he was canceled. He can easily be a mysterious almighty force and have weird powers with his mystical  look and have a grudge at the heroes who stole his stardom. I would also like to point out how there are strange POLYGONS everywhere in PlaySTation All-Stars with the blue hexagons and PlayStation symbols...

Polygon Man

As for your second paragraph, yes it is like that. Each character is also paired with another as rivals and they meet in a cutscene before they battle. It's sort of like the event/special battle of the Arcade Mode before the final boss. Watch from 10:20 of this video to fully understand what it is and a prototype cutscene of Toro and Heihachi as rivals:

However, I do agree that I would like some big story like Subspace Emissary was. However, I think that the advantage here is that sort of thing could be saved for a sequel and the game is already doing pretty well for a first installment.

Good points; this is why I also think they might simply not have the 'bad guy' has one of the players in the roster at least not from the start. Someone said SSB just took broswer and made him the boss in one of the games (been awhile since Ive played a SSB). So either its a main new thing/person or a group of vilians from whatever universe.

@CountMario, I've never heard anyone mention polygons in the teasers so far, I'll have to look for em. I think I remember lens flares.

--------NEW PlayStation All-Stars Forums-------
http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums
- Join the PlayStation All-Stars Arena with us.Contest, Tournaments, Updates, & More! New Forums Too!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 50 (813 Views)
0 Likes