Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 03 2013
By: jamcakes Lombax Warrior 190 posts

The Disconnected Corpse

3 replies 49 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

The Disconnected Corpse; When a player disconnects mid-game and their dead body sits on the screen with a red bar hanging above its head like fresh meat for the taking! 

What is your personal strategy when there is a 'disconnected corpse'? Do you fight with honour and let him sit until he is inevitably picked off, or do you fight with your brain for some cheeky AP?

Something I've noticed with the corpse is that, as soon as it becomes apparent to you that the player is now a dead punching bag, its certainly apparent to everyone else too. With that in mind, should you get the kill before someone else does? 

My personal strategy is to just kill it, I never waste time trying to maximise AP from it. Sometimes, I'll save up for a Level 2 for a 'respectable' kill in getting others too, but even thats too risky. The moment I get a Level 1 I eliminate that variable from the match ASAP. There are many benefits to doing so, which far outweight the 'respectable' route:

- You get a free kill.

- Players trained to go for their Level 3 and maximise on the bloodbath are weakened with just two targets.

- No one else gets that kill (and they will go for it!)

- Eliminates the 'punching bag' so there isn't massive AP boosts without merit.

So, I ask, when theres a dead, disconnected corpse on the field, what is your strategy, or do you even have a strategy?

I know it seems wrong to plan for these kinds of things in a game where it shouldn't be part of the strategy, but I believe its so common that you HAVE to take it into account at the moment, especially for the reasons given above.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: The Disconnected Corpse

Feb 3, 2013
I carry on fighting the active players, then use my level one to eliminate the 'disconnected corpse' to make sure no one exploits it.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (42 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
861 posts

Feb 3, 2013

thats what i do, get the kill before someone else does. Either they endup like that or when they quit in mid match leaving their character behind for free kill.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Mains)
(Male)--------(Female)
1: Parappa--1: Kat
2: Sackboy---2: Sackgirl
3: SirDan-----3: Fat princess
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7269 posts

Feb 3, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I carry on fighting the active players, then use my level one to eliminate the 'disconnected corpse' to make sure no one exploits it.

Same here.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii483/Toro_Inoue/Toro_Inoue001/BeFunky_SuperPipo_zps41db4094jpg_zpsacddeaca.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (35 Views)
0 Likes