Gaming Beast
1779 posts

Re: The Community is Ruining Online...

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:

I love competition but rage quitting, abusing lag, beating on disconnected players for AP, It's just cheap **bleep**.

I'll admit even though I don't respect spammers, unsportsmanlike things like this are what really make this community look bad.

Sure you'll find cheaters or exploiters in pretty much any community, but it's shocking just how many people play this game using only cheap tactics like these.

But you know what sucks? This game hasn't sold so well. So if the majority of online gamers are cheating, guess what SuperBot is NOT going to do immediately? Fix the imbalances. Otherwise they'd risk losing a sizeable chunk of their "fanbase."

Message 11 of 17 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 24, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Tekn0tize wrote:

I love competition but rage quitting, abusing lag, beating on disconnected players for AP, It's just cheap **bleep**.

I'll admit even though I don't respect spammers, unsportsmanlike things like this are what really make this community look bad.

Sure you'll find cheaters or exploiters in pretty much any community, but it's shocking just how many people play this game using only cheap tactics like these.

But you know what sucks? This game hasn't sold so well. So if the majority of online gamers are cheating, guess what SuperBot is NOT going to do immediately? Fix the game. Otherwise they'd risk losing a sizeable chunk of their "fanbase."

unfortunately, i have to agree that they would lose a lot of "fanbase". Look what happened when they simply nerfed sackboy, there were a decent amount of people that complained that he was unplayable, and some threatened to stop playing the game. Imagine what will happen when they do nerf kratos, raiden, and drake, some of the most seen characters online. People are gonna explode.  "What? We have to actually learn how to play skillfully? Screw this, and screw this game!"

Message 12 of 17 (111 Views)
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 24, 2012
People complain about a lot of online players. Online you have a wide variety and a huge sample size so the bad players who spam shine through. Ideally (and eventually), players adapt to spam, forcing the spammers to change their strategy if they want to win. The gameplay evolves with time and as new matchup exploits are discovered.
Message 13 of 17 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Let me just add to this, yes it is easy to avoid spamming, however that doesn't make fighting a spammer fun, we play games to have fun and in a game of this nature while I do know how to avoid the spamming, when I play a fighting game, I want to have a good, fair, fight where my opponent and I are giving it all we got because that's where the fun comes from for me in a fighting game, but if I'm fighting a spammer, it's the equivilent to fighting a bad boss fight where it does the same attack pattern over and over again and you just have to follow the pattern and get your free shots when you can, Megaman X3 comes to mind here and it's not fun, it's stupid regardless of whether I can avoid it or not.
Message 14 of 17 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Dec 24, 2012
It's no fun putting all your attention on a spammer so they don't farm AP. That's not what this game is about,.
Message 15 of 17 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 24, 2012

its not about the skill aspect, its about the fun aspect

Message 16 of 17 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I'll say this then; To start, don't play ranked FFA. It will not make you happy.

Next, when you find someone who looks good or you had fun playing, BE THEIR FRIEND! Arrange matches with players who are fun for you to play, and you will have more fun!

Third, maybe stop playing FFA all together online if it isn't with good friends.

Last, try to play some 1v1, 2v2, and even some 3v1! Some variety can make the game fun in itself!
Message 17 of 17 (46 Views)
0 Likes