Highlighted
Dec 24 2012
By: KirkAnam Hekseville Citizen 241 posts

The Community is Ruining Online...

16 replies 342 views Edited Dec 24, 2012
Honest to god, why is it so hard for people to play respectfully online? All it is now is spamming. I don't know how many matches I've played in the last two hours where 3 out of 4 matches are spammers. It's insane, and rather annoying. Do you really care that much to win? And don't give me that "it's a legit tactic" garbage, because its not.
I play respectfully online, not spamming, not skipping intros, all that. But all I get in return is people spamming like their life will end if they lose, and them watching only their intros and then skipping the rest. Don't give me that stupid "it's easy to dodge!" nonsense, because when you're in a match with 3 other people, you don't want to spend the whole goddamn thing focused on one spamming Radec because you know he's going for his level 3. I just want to have fun and play. When i lose to people who actually have SKILL, i give them the respectful "great game!" message. I'm not afraid of losing.
Players are just like "oh! Let me sit back and throw fireballs while you take on my friend who does the same endless combo over and over, and then when I get my lvl 1 I'm going pop in to hit you with neutral circle and then use my super. Then I go back to the same spot and repeat! And if you chase me, I'll run away while my buddy chases you down and mashes square!"
It's just all spammers and exploits and disrespectful people on their mics now. It makes me sick that these d-bags are ruining the online experience to this great game.
Message 1 of 17 (342 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: The Community is Ruining Online...

Dec 24, 2012
Pretty much, yeah.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 2 of 17 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I don't care if people spam. Rage quitting is 1000x worse. Spammers are easy to beat.
Message 3 of 17 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 24, 2012
What did you expect, Sony caters to "hardcore" gamers.

I don't own a Nintendo, but somehow I keep thinking Nintendo (if they had a proper online mode) would be more fun. Like the Counter Strike rage community on the PC compared to Team Fortress 2 laid back community.

I love competition but rage quitting, abusing lag, beating on disconnected players for AP, It's just cheap **bleep**.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 4 of 17 (269 Views)
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Although I don't think Nintendo community would be any better, it was a nice dream.
Message 5 of 17 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1411 posts

Dec 24, 2012
people will constantly spam no matter what anyone says
and even more for the people that play this game competitively serious... you want to win no matter what so i guess that is the only thing you can do
I'm pretty sure we've all done it at one time or another
i guess its how people deal with it that makes the differences
 photo newcolesigtest_zps63cc5eb3.png
Message 6 of 17 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Dec 24, 2012
Welcome to online gaming.
Message 7 of 17 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Kudos to you

Message 8 of 17 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Dec 24, 2012

Tekn0tize wrote:
What did you expect, Sony caters to "hardcore" gamers.

I don't own a Nintendo, but somehow I keep thinking Nintendo (if they had a proper online mode) would be more fun. Like the Counter Strike rage community on the PC compared to Team Fortress 2 laid back community.

I love competition but rage quitting, abusing lag, beating on disconnected players for AP, It's just cheap **bleep**.

I don't know what TF2 community you're talking about, because the one I remember was a band of tryhards and pro traders who sent you trade requests for the whole match to try and rip you off and then they get mad on the mic if you decline.

—--------
"The Dirty Casual"
Message 9 of 17 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Dec 24, 2012
I only seem to be beaten by insanely rude folks, and thought this was a complaint against stuff like that.

Yesterday had 3 matches in a row, and had a handy lead in all of them. Ragequits would happen at the 10 second mark canceling it out. Finally get into a match and go into overtime, and one of the Kratos gives up on killing me and focuses on the other two and gets a last second kill on someone else

"**bleep** YOU LEVEL 100 BLACK BELT GUY **bleep** YOU **bleep** YOU **bleep** YOU HUEHUEHUE YEAH HUH **bleep** YOU"
Message 10 of 17 (189 Views)
0 Likes