Nov 24 2012
By: dannymlufc_ Sackboy 562 posts

The Combo Tutorials Are Ridiculous

[ Edited ]
23 replies 869 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

I don't think these were thought through very well at all. I managed to complete Kratos's, after half an hour of trying. Sometimes you do the move, and it doesn't register. Sometimes the moves are impossible to link together.

Example: I'm currently doing Cole's combo tutorial. 3/12 says 'Square(Grind), followed by a Square Air attack. The thing is, grinding does NOTHING to my enemy, so it's impossible for me to get him in the air ready for the next part of the combo.

Also, I really don't see anyone performing these types of combos mid match. They're too intricate on rely on a really bad opponent - or one that isn't moving.

Anyway.... has anyone managed to do Cole's?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFFN Website
Message 1 of 24 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Re: The Combo Turorials Are Ridiculous

Nov 24, 2012

T

SIR DANIEL AND SPIKE FOR TOP TIER!!!!!
Message 2 of 24 (860 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
227 posts

Nov 24, 2012

To be honest..this game is not about Combs..hell combos are pretty useless online..

SIR DANIEL AND SPIKE FOR TOP TIER!!!!!
Message 3 of 24 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Nov 24, 2012
Agreed. But since they're in the game, they may as well be functional, but they aren't. Anyway, just managed to complete Big Daddys, which was fairly easy save for number 7 Smiley Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFFN Website
Message 4 of 24 (844 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1704 posts

I know what you mean. I did everyone of Big Daddy's on al...

Nov 24, 2012

I know what you mean. I did everyone of Big Daddy's on all star, except lvl 1. his is just too situational to get multikills with AI that wont do what they need to do. the kills required is too high for only counting multikills

Message 5 of 24 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1746 posts

Re: I know what you mean. I did everyone of Big Daddy's on al...

Nov 25, 2012

I'd say the combo tutorials are a hit and miss. Some are stupid and unhelpful/insanely hard, while others help you figure out some good combos. Radec's tutorial, for example is just stupid. All the "combos" are basically just variations of 2 different attacks. Not to mention some of them are insanely hard to do. Dante's tutorial, though, was pretty helpful. The last few aren't the best combos, but I wouldn't have figured out the better ones if I didn't know these ones first.

My only gripe with them is that I wish there was an option to be shown what the combo looks like. Some of Cole's combos require a pause or insane timing and it would be nice to see an example of it being done.

Message 6 of 24 (749 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: The Combo Tutorials Are Ridiculous

Nov 25, 2012
Am I the only one that found the combo tutorials ridiculously easy? I did all of them with next to no effort...
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 7 of 24 (744 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Nope, they are really easy. Especially compared to the ones i've managed to find for my characters on my own. (Evil Cole/Nariko) But they are great for starting points or adding on to/making your own.

Message 8 of 24 (722 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Nov 25, 2012
try sweet tooth's up Triangle followed by forward square
it's flocking impossible since you just throw the machete in the air
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 9 of 24 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Cole's 3/12 combo had me stuck due to the lack of an explanation. A mistake on SB's part. When you grind, start mashing square as soon as you close right in on Sweet Tooth, then Cole will combo into an uppercut upper-cut so you can do the aerial move.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 10 of 24 (673 Views)
0 Likes