Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Re: The Black Guy or the White Chick.

Feb 11, 2013
Ok kat is a mix of french and Japanese. Kratos is italian(voiced by a black man). Both of wich are darker skin tones than ur average english white guy
Message 21 of 60 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Tmix1600 wrote:
Actually kratos is black but when he killed his family there ashes covered him because a witch put a curse on hin so he could never forget what he did kratos is black but his skin is covered in ashes. P.s don't ask why they didn't do it other way around cause I have no idea.

Kratos is not black, you fool. 

Message 22 of 60 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 11, 2013

OK, I'm gonna wade in on this with some facts.

Using ethnic terms of our world to describe Kat doesn't really work since she's from a fantasy world where Japan and France don't exist. Even then, the European stylings of her world, coupled with her blonde hair, heavily suggest she's white with tan skin. Yes, you can be white with tan skin. Look at the Mediterranean countries - Spain, Italy, Greece - all tanned to hell, but still classed as "white".

And to those saying Kratos is black? No. He's Spartan, which essentially putting his ethnicity straight into the above Med category, and I'm surprised this is even debated. He's from Greece, so therefore tanned caucasian, meaning, OH YES, white. Yes, he was white even before the ashes got permanently fused to his skin. The sole thing that makes him black is his VA.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 23 of 60 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Technically, we don't know where exactly Kats initially from. She dropped from the sky, and has no memory of her past.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 24 of 60 (215 Views)
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Feb 11, 2013

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
Technically, we don't know where exactly Kats initially from. She dropped from the sky, and has no memory of her past.

Well, this is true. Really, your comment earlier in the thread about her being an alien (and therefore outside our understanding of ethnicity) is probably the most accurate Smiley Tongue

But still, if you MUST assign an ethnicity, she's white in the render on the All-Stars page, she's white on the cover of Gravity Rush, she's white in the comic-book cutscenes of Gravity Rush, and then oddly tanned in GR's gameplay. Conclusion: more often than not, she looks white.

Or red...hm...

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 25 of 60 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Haha RED !
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 26 of 60 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Feb 11, 2013
@NeVeO
Shut the **bleep** up. Seriously. If anything Kat is Hispanic because she speaks Latin. Why are you trying to claim ethnicity on a video game character anyway? Get over it. Besides, what white **bleep** have you seen with dark skin? Her color is past what you can get from a tan, fool.
Message 27 of 60 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Another thing. Anyone can have blonde hair. If somewhere in your family pedigree theres blonde hair you can inherit the trait.
Message 28 of 60 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
998 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Hispanic is not a race.Black people and white people can speak latin,french,spanish,portuguese and italian too. There is just Black and White. Plus examples of Kat being black is that her skin colour compared to Raven is darker which means if the japanese animators wanted her white they could have.While her references seemed to be tanned to people who thinks like that, the japanese identify her as black and give many illustrations in her DLC costumes as dark skinned. Kratos is bi-chance black as well, since taken that some of the Greeks in ancient time have connection with africans, blacks have made up quite the minority in Greece. Mainly you should take a closer look on his daughter who seems to be Bi-racial.
Message 29 of 60 (173 Views)
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Kratos is black his skin is covered in ashes is all if ashes were removed he would be black even in gow 2 his army armour he was black in it
Message 30 of 60 (161 Views)