and finaly at the 4:00 mark CLearly white

Message 41 of 60 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1202 posts

Re: The Black Guy or the White Chick.

[ Edited ]
Feb 11, 2013

The amount of nonsense I've read in this thread is astounding. I'll quote some. 

She's japanese. And if where talking skin then she isn't white she's tan.

Wat. First, she's not japanese because the game takes place in a fictional place where Japan doesn't seem to even exist. And how's "tan" a type of skin? Unless we're talking about the Jersey Shore aliens, a tanned person is a white person who have been under the sun.

She's not white. There are characters in the game that 'are' white and they're much, much lighter than she is. She's somewhere around the level of Sheva in RE5's black.

There are different skin tones within white people. White doesn't mean white as a white wall, it's just a way to refer them, same as black people aren't really black. Wow at the Sheva comparison.

kat

Official artwork. White person. End of story. I'd wouldn't even say she's that tanned, she just has a slightly darker skin tone, which is perfectly normal in caucasian/white/whatever you want to call them people. Not everyone is as pale.

Actually kratos is black but when he killed his family there ashes covered him because a witch put a curse on hin so he could never forget what he did kratos is black but his skin is covered in ashes. P.s don't ask why they didn't do it other way around cause I have no idea.

I hope you're not being remotely serious. Not only he's been shown in his own games videos before the ashes curse and he's white, but they also use a white actor for live action. What a coincidence, his daughter, brother and moher are white too. Here's an example.

Shut the **bleep** up. Seriously. If anything Kat is Hispanic because she speaks Latin. Why are you trying to claim ethnicity on a video game character anyway? Get over it. Besides, what white **bleep** have you seen with dark skin? Her color is past what you can get from a tan, fool.

This is the winner.

First, no one speaks Latin in the game because everyone uses an invented language. I don't try to claim anything, just to prove wrong those who try to claim something that is clearly incorrect (and that doesn't matter that much, btw). And no, her color is exactly what you can get with a tan, fool. You can even get more than that.

Too much bitter here, I don't know why. I like black protagonists the most, but it's pointless to try to make some characters not white because you want a non-white protagonist. Again, is Kratos' "being black" over again. Bobthepetferret is reasoning.

On topic: I prefer a balanced patch over "the black guy or the white chick".

Message 42 of 60 (260 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Feb 11, 2013

Goniloc wrote:

Do we really need another thread? I've seen this asked like 14 times

lol only 14 times? I can swear I've seen about 90 of these stupid Kat or Emmett threads

Message 43 of 60 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I'm sorry but if you can show me a caucasion person that is naturally tan like her than good but for now let it be. No one even called her African american until you started this nonsense. Stop saying its fact when the creator of the game hasn't ever said what she is.
Message 44 of 60 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Like sohail said shes an alien.
Message 45 of 60 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Feb 11, 2013
His mom doesn't look white neither does deimos deimos is pretty dark and kratos mom looks kind of caramel but not white look at kratos in the war in gow1 he is clearly black look at the scene were he gets the ashs he is clearly black then white
Message 46 of 60 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 11, 2013

I'd believe you about that if it isn't for the fact that...

Yunica is a lot more cream colored and is generally considered white, Raven is just plain pale, Cyanea is also remarkably pale, Aujean and his son Eujie are white and a lot more white than Kat is, Echo and Newt are also a bit whiter (under the Pleajune skies it seems they'd be tan but, they're not.).

Syd is also a bit tanned but there's rumors that he's related to Kat in some way so there you go.

The fact of the matter is, Kat isn't exactly 'white' white. She's also not black. What she is is 'coffee' which can also be said about RE5's Sheva, Azumanga Daioh's Kagura, etcetra etcetra bing bang boom.

She's not white, and at the same time she's not exactly black.

Message 47 of 60 (216 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Feb 11, 2013

By the way, since its hard to see, here's some actual IN GAME imagery.

http://www.gamersdailynews.com/images/uploads/20110918_gravity-rush.jpg

See that? Not white. Definitely, definitely not white. But at the same time, not black. Calling it white would be calling all Mexican-born people white and I'm pretty sure you don't want to go there.

Message 48 of 60 (212 Views)
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Ok let's stop bumping this thread, wish mods were actually smart, I shoUld start impersonating them again
Message 49 of 60 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
9918 posts

Feb 11, 2013
Leave it to NeVeO to just lay out everybody with logic.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 50 of 60 (198 Views)
0 Likes