Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: The After Match Stat Screen is Lame

Jul 22, 2012
Sly's is the only one of those shown that I have issue with. Big Daddy doesn't have much else he could do, and Fat Princess waving makes sense for a princess. Sly, however, definitely should have something more than "Yeah, look at mah cane!!1". I'd hope some of them that make little sense are changed/another batch is added, because I'd really expect something else out of Sly. However, I can understand if better ones aren't added, because I am almost completely confident that the stat screen will change at least somewhat. Fixing one negates quite a bit of issue with the other, at least to me.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 11 of 43 (162 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Still they are absent more than 3 months in order that the game has some demo for all the public ones. I think that it is more important to have the balanced prominent figures, that a menu that alone will be a passenger and that it is possible to make and arrange in two weeks

Message 12 of 43 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I could care less about the stat screen. It seems like a little con out of the MANY MANY pros.

Also, they have the whole character-posing/frowning thing at the end of each match where it shows the characters individually, from 4th place to 1st. That's something Smash doesn't have and I like it.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 13 of 43 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Thirty3Three, that's also compounded by the neat touch that all the matches (at least all the Timed matches) don't show who's winning, so victory is always a bit of a surprise.
ecdf9e46
Message 14 of 43 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I agree! I like the surprise! Smiley Wink
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 15 of 43 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
I could care less about the stat screen. It seems like a little con out of the MANY MANY pros.

Also, they have the whole character-posing/frowning thing at the end of each match where it shows the characters individually, from 4th place to 1st. That's something Smash doesn't have and I like it.

I'm confused. Do you care about it or not?

Also, i agree the end stats are boring..

ハマり度MAX!!
Message 16 of 43 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:

I'm confused. Do you care about it or not?

Also, i agree the end stats are boring..

I don't really care about it, no lol. I mean, if you think about it, it's just about as 'important' as the title screen's aesthetics. I think it's ridiculious to be this 'UGH' about such a part of this game.

Message 17 of 43 (118 Views)
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I don't think you realise how important UI is.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 18 of 43 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Jul 22, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
I don't think you realise how important UI is.

I guess I don't. It's not very important. Be happy with the actual 'game' parts of the game. Don't go whining about this small detail. It makes no difference in the game whatsoever. In fact, i prefer this. It technically has the smash bros part, THEN the part you think is boring. No idea why people b-tch and moan about this. That's like saying, "OH! They forgot that little spec of dirt on Big Daddy's shoulder from the first game! This is SO DUMB. I'm boycotting it."

Think about what you're saying... 

Message 19 of 43 (108 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 22, 2012
It's important, but I don't think it's something worth complaining about with the way it's set up. From what we can tell, it's functional. Are they slightly bland? It's based on opinion, but I'd say a bit. Can you go from the title screen to the quickplay character selection screen without much hassle? Yeah. The only complaints that I think should ever exist about UI are when it's actually poorly-made (too dark that you can't see the options on the main menu, too convoluted/can't find specific things easily, etc.), of which we've had no problems in PSAS that I can immediately recall.
ecdf9e46
Message 20 of 43 (104 Views)
0 Likes