Jul 22 2012
By: Gekidami I Only Post Everything 1027 posts

The After Match Stat Screen is Lame

[ Edited ]
42 replies 524 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

So i'm not sure if the menus we're seeing up till now in the demos are final, but the end game stat screen we're seeing rigt now is really lame and boring.

So we see the losers shrug or whatever and the winner be happy, then we get this:

stat

And we get sent back to the character select screen.

Not very interesting. Wheres the fanfare? Compare that to this:

A fully separate animated victory screen, three different poses per character, victory music per character (or at least by IP). PSBR really should have something like this, if not the animations, at least the victory music.

Message 1 of 43 (524 Views)
Sackboy
528 posts

Re: The After Match Stat Screen is Lame

Jul 22, 2012

Well, the game's not out yet so it can change... I do think it looks a bit boring as well, but hopefully it's just a placeholder, along with the character select screen.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 2 of 43 (515 Views)
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Huh, they put the stage in the background now? That's much better than the plain blue they had before. Unless it fades to blue after a few seconds.

If that's how it is now, I'm fine with it. If it's still the plain blue, then I agree, it should be changed. It's a bit too bland. I think the font may be the thing that bothers me most ... and I'm not even sure why. I like that the character select screen has an animated background but it could still be a bit more interesting. And, just to nitpick, the animation's a bit too fast for my liking ...

Message 3 of 43 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Gekidami wrote:

A fully separate animated victory screen, three different poses per character, victory music per character (or at least by IP). PSBR really should have something like this, if not the animations, at least the victory music.

Well they do the victory and loss moves right before the standings come up

Message 4 of 43 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I don't think postgame character poses are really something SuperBot should worry about for its first game. Right now I'll assume that it's a placeholder, but I don't expect it to be much different. At best I'd think we get the victory cutscene and then the scores pop up over that like it does for SSB, rather than have it switch to the postgame screen. Don't forget that the original SSB only had one victory/defeat animation per character as well.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 5 of 43 (463 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Jul 22, 2012

harley2947 wrote:

Well they do the victory and loss moves right before the standings come up

Yeah but they look pretty poor honestly, seeing Drake shrug for a split second when he wins is hardly the grande finale you expect, they need to liven it up, like it in Smash Bros.

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
 Don't forget that the original SSB only had one victory/defeat animation per character as well.

Actually it had three and it also had its own separate animated screen yet again with victory tunes per IP:

So still way more interesting than what we're seeing for PSBR.

Message 6 of 43 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jul 22, 2012
Well then I stand corrected; I only thought there was only one. Even so, Drake's shrug isn't that bad, since to me a large portion of the victory stances in Brawl weren't that interesting either. I pay more attention to the unique loss animations for each character in BR, which I find superior to the congratulatory clapping a majority of SSB characters use (at least in Brawl). What that says about me is up to you lol
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 7 of 43 (436 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Yeah, I hope they change it.. and add a few more stats

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 43 (425 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Jul 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Even so, Drake's shrug isn't that bad, since to me a large portion of the victory stances in Brawl weren't that interesting either. I pay more attention to the unique loss animations for each character in BR, which I find superior to the congratulatory clapping a majority of SSB characters use (at least in Brawl). What that says about me is up to you lol

Its not how interesting the stance is, but the victory fanfare as a whole, the stance and the fact that thee are several in SSB is really just a bonus.

Whilst i think its cool that they are individual losing animations, the victor ones really should be better. Here are three examples of just how basic they are (the lenght of these gifs isnt the same as the lenght of the animations in game):

Big Daddy Win

Sly Win

Fat Princess Win

And they're all pretty much as basic as these. So when you win it quickly shows this then cuts the the static, sterile stat screen. Its true that the lose animations are better, it actually looks more interesting to lose.

Message 9 of 43 (394 Views)
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 22, 2012

I can agree to the stat screen being kind of...bland. It's not a HUGE deal obviously, but little touch ups here and there can go a long way in making the game better. Especially since you'll be seeing the stat screen a lot.

Message 10 of 43 (385 Views)