Splicer
69 posts

Re: The 3 things I think need to happen to make this game more popular and better.

Feb 14, 2013

Well, I hope Santa Monica keeps the love on this game... I still think is was a bad idea to drop Superbot so fast... I mean why did they not even give them a chance? They were still working on DLC, and were realease regular patches to fix stuff. I am worried SM won't be as timely.

I keep hearing people saying 2v2 is the way to play. I admit, I have not been able to play this game as much as I have wanted to the past few months, with other single players games and work keeping me busy, but I don't know where I can do this. I play tourny caree only, and it's always FFA, sometimes less if people drop out. Speaking of drop outs, I get a lot of people DCing in the game. They die once, and either they stop moving, or the game quits since they were to host. Very annoying.

Being only on 1 platform hurts, but Smash bros countinues to be big, and I think it's because of the characters, and jump in game play. This may not have the jump in gameplay, but it could really get the characters!

Message 11 of 24 (79 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Re: The 3 things I think need to happen to make this game more popular and better.

Feb 14, 2013
I think a better roster would have helped this game out a ton so I agree with point 2

Message 12 of 24 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Feb 14, 2013
I always hate when people ask for health bars, but I just thought of an idea that would make it work in my eyes. Instead of dying when your health goes out, have it so you are dazed and you eject your AP like when you don't go high enough on Aldens Tower etc. Once you aren't dazed, your health goes back to full and you stop ejecting AP. This makes it so you still need a super to kill people and will make kill confirms less deadly since all you have to do is get an AP burst to get a kill. You would still have to fight for it if you're in teams or FFA, but it makes getting hit seem more real
Message 13 of 24 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Feb 14, 2013

I believe the supers system i allright, no need to healtbar. The main point of this game is to reach a super and connect otherwise no matter how much ap you build, you will loose. And healtbars will bring more complications, people would complain for multikills, imagine somebody just reach a lvl 3, and your healtbar is low as, perhaps, other too. He kill you and maybe kill the rest, and as soon as you respawn, he use his lvl 3, people would say that is just too much.

On the other hand, since in this game the most important is to connect a super attack they would give "easy" kill confirms to every character. I'm not against KC's because its so annoying to miss a super just after you kicked your opponent *ss, I know almost everty character has a KC, but lets be honest, some are so easy to perform while others require real skill, they would give an easy one to every character, BUT!!!! easy to avoid too.

Message 14 of 24 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 15, 2013

i agree with the marketing, while people on the forums knew about the game, people who dont know who Kratos, Cole, Drake and all them wouldnt even know what this game was about. We all want different types of rosters but for a first game the roster is fine. The biggest point i want to make is that this game should never have a health bar. They made it clear that they wanted to make their own genre fighter and i love this game to death, im #67 in 2v2 as of right now and would hate it if there was health bars. that would mean more people running away using characters like cole and drake more often and just spamming bombs. i hate people that play keep away (like in smash). this game forces confrontation and thats what i love about it

Message 15 of 24 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Yes to all but no to lightning but good thread
Message 16 of 24 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Feb 15, 2013
Ok, seems that everyone is in agreement with no health bars, even if it worked with super. Ok, I guess that was a bad idea of mine, haha

Ok, some one needs to tell me where these 2v2 battles happen . All I see in tourny is FFA... And how is there a ranking system?

I would want Sephiroth over lightning because he was in the classic FF7, and he is quite famous.
Message 17 of 24 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Feb 15, 2013
I want cloud, but we compromise for sephy

He looks like can pass for CLOUD'S twin anyWAY so I'm cool with it because its for the BETTER of both sides Smiley Happy

And I really like the health idea but the matchups will give one player a heap of an advantage
Message 18 of 24 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 15, 2013

zferolie wrote:

Ok, I just want to be clear, even though I said I put this on SRK....................

So if I offended anyone, I appologise. I am not one of those people that was bashing this game from the start. I was excited and loving the idea as soon as it was released. At first I was bugged by the fighting system, but nowI have gotten used the the fighting system myself, though I still get annoyed at times. The main things that bothered me were Missing characters, not embrassing the Japanese side of sony at all, and the poor marketing other then that one Robot Chicken comercial.

no dude you did not offend me. Sorry if i came off alittle harsh i just saw SRK and was like "noooo the trolls arent coming all the way here to bash my game now too are they"

I dont know if you pay attention to the posts on eventhubs and SRK about PSASBR but the general FGC, much less on SRK but absolutely on eventhubs, all bash anything that isn't the same old game repackaged with some new characters. Eventhubs trolls literally will go to every article about a game they do not like and bash it, openly saying how they have never played but never will because (insert anything here) is awful. Even skull girls gets hated on for being unconventional and a clone when it is clearly a perfectly good game. 

but seriously, you seem ok nothing you said was offensive I was just responding with caps to get my point across not out of anger, but the FGC in general are a bunch of tools who bandwagon onto eachothers opinions like flies to **bleep** and are 40 year old children who will go out of their way to belittle and offend people who are actually enjoying the game.

I'm pretty happy to not have a lot of those guys in the PSAS community because it would make this a hostile environment and everyone would get hate mail constantly, probably after every match, saying how bad you are and that your a huge noob.

I get hate mail don't get me wrong, but like 1/16 of the hatemail I got from playing P4A, UMVC3, and SFxT.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 19 of 24 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Feb 15, 2013

you can only get into 2v2 games by inviting someone to your party or them inviting you when your in the tourney tab

Message 20 of 24 (26 Views)
0 Likes