Sackboy
519 posts

Re: The 20 character roster is not fine..

Sep 22, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:
not a single JRPG character nuff said

Superbot's overall choices of characters for this game so far is pretty mediocre

How so? You are saying Kratos, R&C, J&D, Sly, Nathan Drake, Sackboy are mediocre when they are the biggest ps franchise

When I think of PS history the first thing that comes to mind is Big Daddy, Raiden, Nariko, Fat Princess, and New Dante that's what I'm saying. Stop saying the best and just say the worst geez. That's like using Link, Mario, and Kirby as a back-up if this was Smash Bros, it makes it sound really bad.

Well this how i see it. This game is for all playstation characters not just the popular ones. Thats why i feel all-stars shouldnt be in the title kuz its misleading when obviously like 6 characetrs arnt all stars.

Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 61 of 92 (121 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

I seriously wish people would stop comparing PSASBR to the first Smash Bros game because they're both the first ones.

The only reason Smash 1's roster was small is becuase they ran out of time and couldn't fit any more characters onto the N64 cartridge. They originally wanted Mewtwo, King Dedede, Meowth, Peach, Pit and Bowser n the first one which would have brought the roster to 18 characters in a game from 1999. Hell, the probably would have added more than 18 is they could. This is 2012 and PSASBR only has 20. That's a little pathetic.

And I really wish people would stop calling a roster of some of the most important PS characters "mediocre."  Or that people would stop comparing it to SSB at all.  Or that people would stop comparing it to Brawl in terms of roster size, which had mostly characters added from Melee.  If I can't get what I want, neither can you.

This game will never stop being compared to Smash Bros though...

Exactly.  If we're going to compare it, then we can compare it to whatever game we want.  If people can illogically compare it to Brawl in terms of roster size, then others can illogically compare it to SSB64 for the same reason.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 62 of 92 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 22, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:
I don't think you're seeing the point, Redfield. It's their first game, why on earth would they start with a 40 - 50 character roster and blow the chance of a sequel. Do you not know how a fighting game works when planning sequels and development? How many characters did Mortal Kombat or Street fighter have in their first game as to opposed to now? That's just how it works. New generation or not. In the fighting game industry you always start small. Evolution baby.

BEYOND!

I know they're not gonna have 40-50 ya goof and I understand how fighting games work. I'm just saying that 20 seems like a small amount and that characters like Fat Princess, New Dante and Evil Cole are very odd choices

Message 63 of 92 (114 Views)
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

I seriously wish people would stop comparing PSASBR to the first Smash Bros game because they're both the first ones.

The only reason Smash 1's roster was small is becuase they ran out of time and couldn't fit any more characters onto the N64 cartridge. They originally wanted Mewtwo, King Dedede, Meowth, Peach, Pit and Bowser n the first one which would have brought the roster to 18 characters in a game from 1999. Hell, the probably would have added more than 18 is they could. This is 2012 and PSASBR only has 20. That's a little pathetic.

And I really wish people would stop calling a roster of some of the most important PS characters "mediocre."  Or that people would stop comparing it to SSB at all.  Or that people would stop comparing it to Brawl in terms of roster size, which had mostly characters added from Melee.  If I can't get what I want, neither can you.

This, people say people are going to give the game bad reviews kuz roster size is not as big as brawl. This is superbots first game, and im pretty sure they want to make a sequel, so they start out small and work their way up.

Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 64 of 92 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Sony has plenty of characters that could be announced. They haven't even done two characters a franchise except for cole
Message 65 of 92 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Rigglie wrote:
Couldn't have been that silly because about 99.9% of the internet were thinking the same thing. I am tinking or else Iwould not be typing this now. When were you holding your tongue?

Oh I'm sorry can you name all of the people that are supposedly 99.9% of the internet? Because apparently you somehow know that 99.9% have played those games. Listen to how silly that was, you can't speak for 99.9% of the internet buddy, only for yourself. I held my tongue the first day I laid eyes on it when 'Title Fight" was first rumored and when I saw the gameplay footage I was cheering for a party fighter. Not a Smash clone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 66 of 92 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

Superbot's overall choices of characters for this game so far is pretty mediocre

How so? You are saying Kratos, R&C, J&D, Sly, Nathan Drake, Sackboy are mediocre when they are the biggest ps franchise

When I think of PS history the first thing that comes to mind is Big Daddy, Raiden, Nariko, Fat Princess, and New Dante that's what I'm saying. Stop saying the best and just say the worst geez. That's like using Link, Mario, and Kirby as a back-up if this was Smash Bros, it makes it sound really bad.

Well this how i see it. This game is for all playstation characters not just the popular ones. Thats why i feel all-stars shouldnt be in the title kuz its misleading when obviously like 6 characetrs arnt all stars.

THANK YOU!! You hit in on the nail. I really wish this game was called Playstation Battle Royale because it would fit better. I believe if this game wouldn't have added cash-ins like Raiden, Heihaichi, and Dante then we wouldn't even be having a problem with calling this ALL-STARS. I'm not gonna lie even Evil Cole is sort of an all star but I will always hate to this day with a apassion that they added cash-ins and advertisement characters in their roster. I highly doubt they were at a meeting and said "you know who made the Playstation... New Dante." I HIGHLY doubt they said that.

Message 67 of 92 (95 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I am still wondering why on Earth you guys believe that the roster count is 20,when there is still 2 MONTHS left until release.Where did you get this idea from? I believe you guys are getting way too jittery.Calm down.

Message 68 of 92 (94 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

yooobooyj wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

THANK YOU!! You hit in on the nail. I really wish this game was called Playstation Battle Royale because it would fit better. I believe if this game wouldn't have added cash-ins like Raiden, Heihaichi, and Dante then we wouldn't even be having a problem with calling this ALL-STARS. I'm not gonna lie even Evil Cole is sort of an all star but I will always hate to this day with a apassion that they added cash-ins and advertisement characters in their roster. I highly doubt they were at a meeting and said "you know who made the Playstation... New Dante." I HIGHLY doubt they said that.

Guess what Redfield, that entire opinion is pointless simply because of taste. Obviously not every character will be in all-star in some peoples eyes but the fact of the matter is, they are no matter which way you look at it. You'll find people who agree and people who disagree. But the effect remains the same. They are still all-stars.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 69 of 92 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 22, 2012
You just called it a smash clone... And can you find me any website where this game is not being compared to smash and I said about.
Message 70 of 92 (78 Views)
0 Likes