Sackboy
450 posts

Re: The 20 character roster is not fine..

Sep 22, 2012
Couldn't have been that silly because about 99.9% of the internet were thinking the same thing. I am tinking or else Iwould not be typing this now. When were you holding your tongue?
Message 51 of 92 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:
not a single JRPG character nuff said

Superbot's overall choices of characters for this game so far is pretty mediocre

How so? You are saying Kratos, R&C, J&D, Sly, Nathan Drake, Sackboy are mediocre when they are the biggest ps franchise

Exactly those are all obvious inclusions. They aren't surprising us like SSBB did with Snake and Sonic. Most of the newer characters they add are met with negative reaction, i.e. Dante, Raiden

Message 52 of 92 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

Superbot's overall choices of characters for this game so far is pretty mediocre

How so? You are saying Kratos, R&C, J&D, Sly, Nathan Drake, Sackboy are mediocre when they are the biggest ps franchise

Edit: beat me to it ^

I think he means that they are obviously  going to be in the game so there is no excitment for that. The characters that got people excited were the ones that havent been used for a while like Spike and Sir Dan.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 53 of 92 (99 Views)
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

When I think of PS history the first thing that comes to mind is Big Daddy, Raiden, Nariko, Fat Princess, and New Dante that's what I'm saying. Stop saying the best and just say the worst geez. That's like using Link, Mario, and Kirby as a back-up if this was Smash Bros, it makes it sound really bad.

Message 54 of 92 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 22, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

dragonfire111 wrote:

I think he means that they are obviously  going to be in the game so there is no excitment for that. The characters that got people excited were the ones that havent been used for a while like Spike and Sir Dan.

That's exactly what I meant, thank you for actually understanding.

Message 55 of 92 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

I seriously wish people would stop comparing PSASBR to the first Smash Bros game because they're both the first ones.

The only reason Smash 1's roster was small is becuase they ran out of time and couldn't fit any more characters onto the N64 cartridge. They originally wanted Mewtwo, King Dedede, Meowth, Peach, Pit and Bowser n the first one which would have brought the roster to 18 characters in a game from 1999. Hell, the probably would have added more than 18 is they could. This is 2012 and PSASBR only has 20. That's a little pathetic.

And I really wish people would stop calling a roster of some of the most important PS characters "mediocre."  Or that people would stop comparing it to SSB at all.  Or that people would stop comparing it to Brawl in terms of roster size, which had mostly characters added from Melee.  If I can't get what I want, neither can you.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 56 of 92 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
853 posts

Sep 22, 2012
As long as we get at least 2 more characters I'm perfectly fine with the roster. Preferably Leonard (Or some other JRPG rep) and Crash (To help nudge reviews a little, and to stop the fanboys from going, "Crash isn't in. This game SUCKS!"), though I'd be fine with anything at this point. With Sir Dan/Nariko's reveal, I finally feel like this game has an identity of its own. I feel like people will look at the rosters of this and SSB, and see two completely different things, just as I do (Not to mention the deeper mechanical differences).
Message 57 of 92 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

I seriously wish people would stop comparing PSASBR to the first Smash Bros game because they're both the first ones.

The only reason Smash 1's roster was small is becuase they ran out of time and couldn't fit any more characters onto the N64 cartridge. They originally wanted Mewtwo, King Dedede, Meowth, Peach, Pit and Bowser n the first one which would have brought the roster to 18 characters in a game from 1999. Hell, the probably would have added more than 18 is they could. This is 2012 and PSASBR only has 20. That's a little pathetic.

And I really wish people would stop calling a roster of some of the most important PS characters "mediocre."  Or that people would stop comparing it to SSB at all.  Or that people would stop comparing it to Brawl in terms of roster size, which had mostly characters added from Melee.  If I can't get what I want, neither can you.

This game will never stop being compared to Smash Bros though...

Message 58 of 92 (82 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

Sep 22, 2012

I'm going agree that 20 characters is not enough, more would be much better. But I have to say this op the characters are not mediocre and with that I don't agree with you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Message 59 of 92 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

I don't think you're seeing the point, Redfield. It's their first game, why on earth would they start with a 40 - 50 character roster and blow the chance of a sequel. Do you not know how a fighting game works when planning sequels and development? How many characters did Mortal Kombat or Street fighter have in their first game as to opposed to now? That's just how it works. New generation or not. In the fighting game industry you always start small. Evolution baby.

BEYOND!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 60 of 92 (74 Views)
0 Likes