Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: The 20 character roster is not fine..

Sep 22, 2012

Don't be silly. TGS isn't over yet. And besides, just because we didn't get any reveals does not mean that th roster is "just 20" characters. Not once did superbot ever say that it's just 20 characters. So please, calm down and think rationally.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 92 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:
20 characters is fine. I would buy the game day one if it had 20. People who compare it to brawl are stupid it should be compared to the first smash bros since this is the first all stars battle royale

That doesn't make any sense

It shouldn't be compared to at all, lol.

The first Smash Bros was on N64 and is about 13isj years old. It had 12 characters due to techincal limitations. I'm sure they can get more than 20 on a PS3

Wasn't SSB1 in development for two years, as well?  This game could hold more than the N64, yes, but in the same amount of development time this team has nearly doubled SSB1's roster size.  Also, they have to get everything on the Vita as well, so that should be the standard, not the PS3.

Doesn't the PSV MK9 have the exact same number of characters as the PS3 MK9?

Message 22 of 92 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Sep 22, 2012

No matter what you say, this game will always be compared to smash. Heck Super evn said they were inspired by smash. If they want anyone to buy this game they have to ATLEAST be as good as brawl.

Message 23 of 92 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Yup definatly agree. I think the 35 roster limit on brawl was perfect, but they really need more characters...
Message 24 of 92 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Godlike_Shanker wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Redfield7 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:
20 characters is fine. I would buy the game day one if it had 20. People who compare it to brawl are stupid it should be compared to the first smash bros since this is the first all stars battle royale

That doesn't make any sense

It shouldn't be compared to at all, lol.

The first Smash Bros was on N64 and is about 13isj years old. It had 12 characters due to techincal limitations. I'm sure they can get more than 20 on a PS3

Wasn't SSB1 in development for two years, as well?  This game could hold more than the N64, yes, but in the same amount of development time this team has nearly doubled SSB1's roster size.  Also, they have to get everything on the Vita as well, so that should be the standard, not the PS3.

Doesn't the PSV MK9 have the exact same number of characters as the PS3 MK9?

Yeah plus Sony brags how the Vita can be as powerful as the PS3, so couldn't both versions hold the same ammount of characters.

I'm assuming the Smash Bros 1 team was alot smaller than the PSASBR team and that its more difficult to develop for N64 than PS3.

Sakurai himself stated that Smash Bros 1 originally had Mewtwo, Mewoth, King Dedede, Pit, Princess Peach and Bowser as characters but they got left out due to technial limitations and time restraints. This would have brought the roster to 18 characters on an N64 game. It's sad that PSASBR is only beating a 13 year old game by 2 characters...

Message 25 of 92 (178 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

Rigglie wrote:

No matter what you say, this game will always be compared to smash. Heck Super evn said they were inspired by smash. If they want anyone to buy this game they have to ATLEAST be as good as brawl.

^ Being inspired by Smash does not mean it's a smash game, at face value perhaps but in substance and gameplay? Not a bloody chance. It's a different game altogether, as many people who've played the game deduced from it and it's been proven to be fun as hell. So please, keep your silly comparisons to yourself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 26 of 92 (170 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2012

That's sadly true, I too showed it to my friends and they bursted in laughs when I mentioned them Big Daddy, Heihachi and Raiden and then they said "yeah but there is Snake, Crash and Cloud ", I told them that they weren't revealed yet and they said: "good thing smash bros has an actually good roster.
That makes me sad I love smash but I wanted to love this one too, but some of the character choices are incredibly underwhelimng, hope the roster is not only 20 and if there are more reveals, they will be awesome enough to shut up the haters.

Message 27 of 92 (168 Views)
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 22, 2012

will u guys relax? just under 2 months until reveal and u guys are going crazy...i dont think superbot will dissapoint, i have faith in them.

Message 28 of 92 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Sep 22, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

Rigglie wrote:

^ Being inspired by Smash does not mean it's a smash game, at face value perhaps but in substance and gameplay? Not a bloody chance. It's a different game altogether, as many people who've played the game deduced from it and it's been proven to be fun as hell. So please, keep your silly comparisons to yourself.

We know this. But plenty of idiots don't.

Message 29 of 92 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
898 posts

Sep 22, 2012
I think theyre a big mess, they never have a soild answer for anything
Message 30 of 92 (144 Views)
0 Likes