Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: The 20 character roster is not fine..

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:
20 characters is fine. I would buy the game day one if it had 20. People who compare it to brawl are stupid it should be compared to the first smash bros since this is the first all stars battle royale

That doesn't make any sense

It shouldn't be compared to at all, lol.

Message 11 of 92 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 22, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Young_Guns_3 wrote:

Agreed. If it wants good reviews, it needs ATLEAST 25 characters. And if it wants better reviews, add crash.

This game will get bad reviews no matter how big the roster is.

On-topic: You're comparing Sony's set of IPs to the IPs single most powerful company in gaming history, Redfield.  It's not an easy comparison to make; I love Sony, but this entire roster is nothing compared to Mario alone.  Comparing it spot for spot to SSB isn't a fair comparison because the context is different.

The only reason I'm comparing the two is becuase that's what every reviewer will be doing.

Message 12 of 92 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Sep 22, 2012

If they stop comparing this game to smash bros. and see the actual potential of this game then it will get good reviews.

Message 13 of 92 (223 Views)
Sackboy
424 posts

Sep 22, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:
20 characters is fine. I would buy the game day one if it had 20. People who compare it to brawl are stupid it should be compared to the first smash bros since this is the first all stars battle royale

The first Smash Bros was on N64 and is about 13isj years old. It had 12 characters due to techincal limitations. I'm sure they can get more than 20 on a PS3

Message 14 of 92 (219 Views)
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Sep 22, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

SSB was released more than a decade ago. If PSA is to be compared, it should be compared to current fighting games not decade old ones. 20 is a very middling number. Not impressive at all.

Message 15 of 92 (213 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Here's a good what if situation, What if sony made the smash bros idea before nintendo did then a few years later nintendo started to make 1 of these games so think about this.

Message 16 of 92 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

The first Smash Bros was on N64 and is about 13isj years old. It had 12 characters due to techincal limitations. I'm sure they can get more than 20 on a PS3

Wasn't SSB1 in development for two years, as well?  This game could hold more than the N64, yes, but in the same amount of development time this team has nearly doubled SSB1's roster size.  Also, they have to get everything on the Vita as well, so that should be the standard, not the PS3.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 17 of 92 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Only super fan boys would think this games good with a roster like this, have fun saying that the rosters fine blah blah blah, it's **bleep** right now and most people know one character can make or break the roster for them.

Message 18 of 92 (196 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Redfield7 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

yeah comparing  this to a ps3 game would be so wrong acording to sakurai he even wanted to add mewtwo and some other chars to the original ssb but the cartige had no more space thats why only chars and stages are 3d and the rest is all 2d due to limitations  but  the original ssb had many heavy hitters from that time wich pasbr seems to lack imo  if you want to compoare it you need to campare to ssbb becuase its the most updated one even then it has some years now and its limitated by wii disc since ssbb is the wii game that ocupies most disc space i ever saw it has almost 8 gb by abit it doesnt reach the limit of the disc suported by the wii so pasbe was no excuse ssbb fits in 8 gb  we have 25 gb 20 chars do seem lackbuster imo

Message 19 of 92 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Sep 22, 2012

It's not even having 20 characters that makes me mad, it's their selection of said 20. Evil Cole, Raiden, Big Daddy, New Dante, Fat Princess, and Nariko (Not many ppl know her). It's just the selections are REALLY weird if they were going with 20, if you know your gonna have 20 then make on DANG good 20 characters. People really need to stop asking for more because I bet if a roster of 20 that contained Snake, Wander, Crash, Spyro, Kat, Kiryu, and Cloud nobody would even care that it's 20 characters. It's all about presentation of said 20 not about how much their are.

Like I said before I showed my friends these characters and they laughed at me, that's not good one bit.

Message 20 of 92 (186 Views)