Oct 26 2012
By: OMFGItzAndre Lombax Warrior 130 posts

Taunt Party

[ Edited ]
6 replies 451 views Edited Oct 27, 2012

A taunt match, or taunt party, is a term used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl to describe a kind of online match over Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection where players aren't fighting each other, but instead decide to fool around for the entirety of. Taunt matches usually begin when one or more players exhibit friendly behavior, such as taunting or repeatedly crouching, in attempt of reaching an agreement with one another.

if everyone complies, the taunt match starts and the players will likely then proceed to having several successive taunt matches. However, should one or more players ignore the advancements and continue fighting as they would normally, taunters may team up against the "serious" player (s) to aggravate them. Such tactics as intentional self-destruce to rack up a fellow taunter's score, exclusively setting items that would otherwise dramatically interrupt gameplay

Now since that is out of the way what are everyone's thoughts about this subject will it be in-game and will it effect some in both positive and negative ways?

Here is a video on a closer look on taunt parties

Message 1 of 7 (451 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
939 posts

Re: Taunt Party

Oct 26, 2012
Since I never had a wii I never tried online wow just wow.
www.facebook.com/SonyTitleFight
 photo 893036_607240892638255_764515088_o1_zpsdc2e5a86.jpg
Message 2 of 7 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Salvy35z wrote:
Since I never had a wii I never tried online wow just wow.

so you never played brawl before?

Message 3 of 7 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Oct 26, 2012
Luckily the PS3 and PSASBR are less casual so this shouldn't happen as much. If it does, I'll find a new match.
Message 4 of 7 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Oct 26, 2012

lol

that was boring to me though :/

Message 5 of 7 (268 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Oct 27, 2012

I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Mostly because as of now, you only have one Taunt while in SSBB, you had three Taunts. You can of course unlock Taunts in PS All-Stars, but it might limit to one in the full game. People playing the Beta seems to take the game serious, so that can apply the same for the full game.

However, even after I score a kill, I taunt afterwards with Sweet Tooth.

But it won't end up like SSBB since it relies on Supers. They don't do anything, you attack & gain AP & activate Super. For SSBB, they would all go up on you or have a Taunt Teammate get the score (I've seen it before, it just ruined the match, and you even mention it).

As someone said, less casual, would be correct compared to the Wii & SSBB.

I remember in my SSFIV Online Matches & other matches I've seen that they would Taunt a lot in the beginning & then proceed with the match.

Or a Dan Player Taunting against the player & then the player will few times taunt to Dan.

OMFGItzAndre wrote:

Now since that is out of the way what are everyone's thoughts about this subject will it be in-game and I will effect some in both positive and negative ways 

Thoughts on it? It won't happen. And I couldn't understand the end about "I will effect some...". That means you're going to attempt it while a Kratos Player keeps on gaining AP & then activates Level 3 Super & wins the match?

I'm better off with seeing Colonel Mael Radec's Sniper Move as a Taunt. At least that'll work once they win the match.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 6 of 7 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 27, 2012

Wesley37 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that won't happen. Mostly because as of now, you only have one Taunt while in SSBB, you had three Taunts. You can of course unlock Taunts in PS All-Stars, but it might limit to one in the full game. People playing the Beta seems to take the game serious, so that can apply the same for the full game.

However, even after I score a kill, I taunt afterwards with Sweet Tooth.

But it won't end up like SSBB since it relies on Supers. They don't do anything, you attack & gain AP & activate Super. For SSBB, they would all go up on you or have a Taunt Teammate get the score (I've seen it before, it just ruined the match, and you even mention it).

As someone said, less casual, would be correct compared to the Wii & SSBB.

I remember in my SSFIV Online Matches & other matches I've seen that they would Taunt a lot in the beginning & then proceed with the match.

Or a Dan Player Taunting against the player & then the player will few times taunt to Dan.

OMFGItzAndrewrote:

Now since that is out of the way what are everyone's thoughts about this subject will it be in-game and I will effect some in both positive and negative ways 

Thoughts on it? It won't happen. And I couldn't understand the end about "I will effect some...". That means you're going to attempt it while a Kratos Player keeps on gaining AP & then activates Level 3 Super & wins the match?

I'm better off with seeing Colonel Mael Radec's Sniper Move as a Taunt. At least that'll work once they win the match.

it was a typo and it has been edited  other then that how would you know it won't happen?

Message 7 of 7 (154 Views)
0 Likes