Dec 31 2014
By: Just--Tank SIEA 415 posts

Tank Update - 2013 and The Patch

226 replies 4082 views Edited Dec 31, 2013

Hey everyone,

First, below is my previous update which I have now un-stickied in order to post a new one here and a fresh thread. I'll highlight this one in yellow as well.

[UPDATE - DEC 31, 2013]

As mentioned below, the aformentioned and still planned PS All-Stars Balance Patch is in development, but still does not have a definitive release timeline as we had previously thought it would when communicated in the Early Fall. As we are trying to be fully transparent, this has been purely a resource issue with PS4 port development consuming the time of our studio External Development Team. Once we return from the Holiday break week of Jan 6, we'll be continuing full swing on spinning up development work for the PS All-Stars Balance Patch. Unfortunately, that is the only specific update I can provide at this time, in that we  are still very much committed to providing a much-needed balance injection for the game.

It's my 100% intent to ensure your voice, your feedback, your comments, are all taken into the balancing act of developing this patch. Please continue providing.

We'll reset the leaderboards beginning of January as scheduled and keep PS All-Stars thriving into 2014 with you.

For those organizing tournaments or in need of prizing, if you haven't heard from me yet, be on the lookout in your inboxes this week.

Thanks again everyone for your patience, have a rockin New Years and i'll see you on the 2014 flipside.

-Tank

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

First, I apologize once again for the infrequent communication. I am currently a one-man community show at our studio right now, you can read up here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Community-Update-From-Tank/t...

Regarding PS All-Stars specifically, we absolutely are not giving up. We have an external development team who as of this letter are spinning up on the patch and starting to dig in. The development time is much later than we expected, primarily due to our PS4 ports development of fl0w, Flower, Sound Shapes, and Escape Plan. If we had an endless amount of resources, that would be awesome, but such magic doesn't exist in this world.

Our original assessment of "Fall" is not where we are today, but it's also not on the account of a false promise. It's very challenging to provide as open and honest communication when we want to provide you the support as urgent as you'd like it, and by all accounts, we hear you and understand that completely.

So, massive thanks for continuing your passion, patience, and dedication to PlayStation All-Stars, it is not forgotten at all and I will do everything in my community manager power to provide as best support as possible.

The leaderboards reset beginning of December, the patch is stil in early development, and I do not have a specific timeline to share as of yet. In the meantime, I will be contacting all those who have contacted me in regards to tournament support as well with prizes, and we'll keep this community train going.

In the middle of the next-gen battle and A LOT of great games this past year and right now, it can't be overstated how incredible it is to see the PS All-Stars community still thriving. 

The patch for PlayStation All-Stars will not be out this month. We will not hit "Fall" as originally anticipated for the reasons I stated above. It's unfortunate, but we don't have the capacity to rush it as we are just getting into early development, and as everyone here agrees, we want to make sure it addresses the most critical concerns.

Thank you again, you guys rock...as usual.

--------------------------------------------------------

That's a fully transparent honest update to clear the air, but to reassure you, it's being developed.

The online and offline tournaments that are being developed here are ASTOUNDING and as promised, I will do all I can to support with prizing. Just drop a line to me at SonySantaMonica@gmail.com, i've already responded to a few of you.

Long live PlayStation All-Stars, thanks

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 1 of 227 (4,082 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4162 posts

Re: Tank Update - 2013 and The Patch

Dec 31, 2013

Thanks, Tank!

m (  _  _  ) m

GIF by IconSeanX15

Message 2 of 227 (4,062 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

Dec 31, 2013
 photo giphy_zps8a88fa29.gif

Signature.png

Message 3 of 227 (4,061 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 31, 2013
I mean.. while these updates are good and all, you know, letting us know that the patch is actually happening..

..I'd still love to know like 1 specific thing that you guys are already looking into. Whether it be ithe netcode, character balance or something else. I don't care what it is, just let us know of one thing that you guys are already looking into.
Message 4 of 227 (4,050 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4162 posts

Dec 31, 2013

Marking my calender for January 6th!

Dec. 7, got it.

GIF by IconSeanX15

Message 5 of 227 (4,050 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Dec 31, 2013

I'm sorry but you are a professional employee and you don't know how to make an announcement without awkward wording.

Message 6 of 227 (4,042 Views)
Fender Bender
3124 posts

Dec 31, 2013
Somebody made a thread the other day and it showed a picture of him asking you if the patch existed. You replied "fu* no get a life kid".

Was that you?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 227 (4,029 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4162 posts

Dec 31, 2013

KattCandii wrote:

I'm sorry but you are a professional employee and you don't know how to make an announcement without awkward wording.

Awkward wording comes with awkward circumstances, which patch development has most certainly fallen upon as of late.

GIF by IconSeanX15

Message 8 of 227 (4,026 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Dec 31, 2013

It's okay you guys, the patch is coming in 2018 at the earliest.

WE'RE GOING TO MAKE IT.

Message 9 of 227 (4,016 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
327 posts

Dec 31, 2013

January 6 AWAITS.

)_)
This thread has run its course and will now be locked.
Message 10 of 227 (3,670 Views)
0 Likes