Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 14 2012
By: Ginwolf Sackboy 420 posts

Sweet tooth underpowered?

40 replies 3710 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

Sweet tooth

Ok, I really like sweet tooth and been playing him alot, But his combo potential is very low and his good ap gain comes from his single shot, shot gun.

1. his molotov isn't that great

2. his throwing knife like that turtle thing from mario is arkward and short range to use with flunky combo potential that most of the time just lays the enemy flat instead of stunning them with you ground stomp.

And because of the little daze time with his knife throw, you only have a second to stomp after the knife hits them before they can move again and dodge out of it or block, so it can't be the timing of the stomp because I tested it NUMEROUS times for the just lay flat result instead of them actually getting stunned, Its like a 60/40 chance.

I use all his moves and I can build meter well but his lvl 2 is an atrocity and his lvl 1 is just decent, His lvl 3 is really fun but it can be avoided alot easier compared to other characters who transorm, Not counting the idiots who use kratos's lvl 3 and don't know how to use blade beam so they completely suck.

I know this is still like an early build, But his lvl 2 and possibly 3 need serious work, And he needs alittle armor or something for god sakes for his ground stomp or something, He NEEDS more redeemable traits, His land mine can only be useful for so long.

You can barely combo into his lvl 1 and his lvl 2 is extremely difficult to get more then 1 kill with can't be acceptable by anyones standards compared to the WHOLE rest of the cast! (side note) Yeah, I'm sure ppl have in the past got multiple kills with his lvl 2, But it pales in comparion compared to the kills you will get with his lvl 1 by a long shot.

P.S. Not to mention how is lvl 2 can be destroyed by touching even the slightest piece of any stage, Its like a slightly better or worse then radec's lvl 1.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 1 of 41 (3,710 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
387 posts

Re: Sweet tooth underpowered?

Dec 14, 2012
No. Mine, jump, shotgun. Ace that, level 3, win.
When in doubt, freak 'em out.
Message 2 of 41 (3,693 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Dec 14, 2012

You're talking about him as though he's meant to be a combo-centric character; he isn't. Sweet Tooth is a mind games style character. It's all about frustrating and toying with your opponents. I regularly win with him and don't feel like he's underpowered at all. His level 2 is a joke, but you don't even need it. Although if you use his level 2 right next to someone it just outright kills them instantly.

Message 3 of 41 (3,687 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

You're talking about him as though he's meant to be a combo-centric character; he isn't. Sweet Tooth is a mind games style character. It's all about frustrating and toying with your opponents. I regularly win with him and don't feel like he's underpowered at all. His level 2 is a joke, but you don't even need it. Although if you use his level 2 right next to someone it just outright kills them instantly.

In the beta he could cancel into his other attacks and made him great, But the way he is now is weird. I'll team with anyone to show them how I play sweet tooth, I've been called a good sweet tooth by multiple ppl but I always win by lvl 1 or 3 and I of course do his mine then shotgun combo, I do all his combos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I was faithful to Radec from the beginning!! How many others can say the same?!"
Message 4 of 41 (3,682 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 14, 2012

For me Sweet Tooth is the fastest AP building character. But I don't use him much.

Message 5 of 41 (3,614 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

Sweet Tooth's combo potential is lower than other characters because his level 1 super requires the least amount of meter compared to all the characters (well he is tied with Heihachi). Sweet Tooth's level 1 super costs 100 AP so it allows him to take bigger risks with his meter than other characters. Kratos's level 1 super costs 150 AP. So a hit that would generate 30 AP for Sweet Tooth is like a hit that would generate 45 AP for Kratos. Sweet Tooth isn't about combos, he is about getting big hits that typically leave the opponent in a knock down. Sweet Tooth is all about getting inside your opponent's head.

I noticed there aren't too many Sweet Tooth players with black belts. As of right now, I'm the second highest ranked Sweet Tooth player in 2vs2 ladder (I was first for a little while...haven't been playing 2vs2 for awhile now)...I feel as though he takes a lot of work (and his level 2 super is the worst super in the game hands down) but since he is such a rarely played character, people don't know how to handle him. He has quite the bag of tricks at his disposal. His tricks are harder to pull off against people that are really good though...

If you want my advice, I say don't underestimate his molotovs or machete throw. They are better than they may appear...

Is Sweet Tooth a bad character? No.

Is Sweet Tooth a good character? No.

He is basically in a state of limbo...pretty much most of the characters that would be above him on the tier list are "good" characters while the characters below him are "bad." I think he is pretty much the definition of "Mid Tier." He is neither a good character nor a bad character...he is just average. I seem to be pretty loyal to him though...can't seem to force myself to switch mains lol.

Message 6 of 41 (3,597 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Sweet Tooth got nerfed so he couldn't cancel moves which is weird is it not?

We'll that could of gone better :C
Message 7 of 41 (3,581 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 14, 2012

games_haven wrote:

Sweet Tooth got nerfed so he couldn't cancel moves which is weird is it not?

Honestly, I don't think Sweet Tooth needs the ability to cancel his moves to create combos. It just doesn't fit his playstyle. Sweet Tooth's greatest flaw is his pathetic level 2 super.

Message 8 of 41 (3,556 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 28, 2012

He isn't under powered when you shoot people with a shot gun you get alot of AP and his machete is extremely useful! (Sweet tooth is my primary character)

An evil monkey just pwned you
Message 9 of 41 (3,359 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Dec 28, 2012
He isn't underpowered but he is much worse post nerf...

I use to main Sweet Tooth in the beta..and he was awesome he had good mix ups/mind games..decent combo's and could build a level 3 almost every match (if you were good with him)

But post nerf..he has been toned down way too much

He can no longer cancel his square to combo.

His Ap gain has been greatly reduced

Almost all of his moves have been toned down on range.

Thus leaving him to gain all of his meter by spamming shotgun's or mines...dont get me wrong he's still good because of his level 1 setup.. I still use him from time to time..but I dont use he as often since the patch :/
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 10 of 41 (3,319 Views)
0 Likes