Nov 11 2012
By: MachoMoustachio Wastelander 565 posts

Sweet Tooth vs. Kratos

27 replies 761 views Edited Nov 11, 2012
At first I thought this rivalry was a little bizarre but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I know people would say that they wanted Nathan Drake vs. Sweet Tooth or Kratos vs. Nariko but if you really think about there's not enough motivation for Sweet Tooth and Nathan Drake to fight. Just because Drake made a joke at the end of UNCHARTED 2 that he was afraid of clowns isn't reason enough and Kratos and Nariko having a rivalry because both their weapons have chains is just absurd.

Kratos and Sweet Tooth. That's it. A perfect rivalry.

While both of them are extremely brutal, Kratos is all about disciplinary fighting tactics and understanding the flow of combat but, at the other end of the spectrum, Sweet Tooth's style revolves around anarchy and chaos with a hard-hitting, maniacal brutality with no rhyme or reason.

I find one thing about their story archs that is rather interesting too, Sweet Tooth and Kratos both killed their families. Sweet Tooth reveled in their deaths being a man consumed by absolute madness but Kratos is a man who seeks redemption for what he's done and would do anything undo what happened.

I wonder if that will show up in the story in PASBR?
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 1 of 28 (761 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Re: Sweet Tooth vs. Kratos

Nov 11, 2012
agreed...i thought of more reasons as well
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 2 of 28 (729 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Nov 11, 2012
I like the rivalry of sweet tooth and kratos, I think it was very well thought out and you put it in better words. Kudos home boy.
Message 3 of 28 (705 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Yea makes sense. If drake was sweet tooths rival I can't picture who else could be slys rival
Message 4 of 28 (696 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1147 posts

Nov 11, 2012

They were also both created by David Jaffe.

Kratos never sought redemption for his actions until the end of God of War III.

Message 5 of 28 (673 Views)
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 11, 2012

kratos did in GOW1 but when the gods lied and said they cant if just raged and started killing all who opposed him that was GOW2 was about revenge

Message 6 of 28 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 11, 2012
he*
Message 7 of 28 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Nov 11, 2012
a god of war and killer of all gods vs killer of some peoples?
kratos killed all gods and killed a thosands people
swttotth just killed a little people
Message 8 of 28 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Nov 11, 2012
Hush Paypay. Let's look at the facts. Besides what has been stated before.

Sweet Tooth and Kratos share more traits than just their pasts. Consider their leadership. Sweet Tooth commands an absolutely MASSIVE horde of psychotic clowns (probably using the Joker tactic of recruiting from prisons and asylums), and they made...THIS. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI4JDYJQY14

The Carnival of Carnage. Pay attention to what Calypso says at the beginning of the video. "To his Followers, Sweet Tooth was a King. He was their god and they'll never stop worshipping him." This draws yet another interesting parallel to Kratos as he commanded the Spartan armies to conquer all of Greece to kick off the events of GoW2. Sweet Tooth had to have had SOME kind of Charisma to keep an army that size loyal to him even after death. Whereas Kratos IS a god, and the Spartan armies KNOW it. but in the eyes of the Clownz, isn't Sweet Tooth the same?

Sweet Tooth and Kratos are the most aggressive characters, personality-wise, of the entire cast. They take exactly what they want, exactly when they want it. The only difference is OCCASIONALLY Kratos seeks out things besides Murder, whereas it's pretty much all Sweet Tooth thinks about.

But in the ways they are similar, they are also just as different. Kratos, cold-blooded Spartan-Trained warrior, and Sweet Tooth, instinct-driven, clearly loves spilling blood, home-grown psychopath. They share an equal interest in brutality, but Sweet Tooth revels in the pain and bloodshed he causes.

Overall, I think this might be my favorite rivalry in the game. Yeah, it's pretty much between the two "main" guys, but I like them both so much, and I love the work of David Jaffe so much, that I can't help but appreciate seeing them interact.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Message 9 of 28 (611 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 11, 2012

all great points but to be honest it's not the man that is sweet tooth, it is the spirit that is attached to the mask. so if Kratos killed sweet tooth and someone else got the mask then he would live on. but i look forward to this rivalry since it's been a long time coming.

also sweet tooth has things kratos may not be ready for like the land mines, kratos wouldn't know what they are at first. and sweet tooth has his shot gun so that kinda holds back kratos a little and evens up the playing field. besides if sweet tooth got in sweet bot then kratos might be completely screwed.

#ClownTroops
Message 10 of 28 (602 Views)
0 Likes