Dec 14 2012
By: Mizukage-JP Splicer 45 posts

Sweet Tooth's Level 1

[ Edited ]
7 replies 196 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

When I played through arcade mode with Sweet Tooth, I noticed that if you build his AP bar to a little under 2 bars you can pull off 3 level 1 supers before he has no AP left. I'm guessing this is because his level 1 may be hard to hit with (for most people), so having the chance to try and hit with it again may make him a more accessible character. IF that is the case then I think Jak (and other characters with "hard to hit with" level 1's) should get the same treatment for level 1 supers aswell.

Message 1 of 8 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Re: Sweet Tooth's Level 1

Dec 14, 2012

I haven't played as Sweet Tooth since the beta, I remember him being like that back then too.

Also I heard he has an attack before he pulls off the level 1 to make it land easy, how do I pull that off?

Message 2 of 8 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

Mizukage-JP wrote:

When I played through arcade mode with Sweet Tooth, I noticed that if you build his AP bar to a little under 2 bars you can pull off 3 level 1 supers before he has no AP left. I'm guessing this is because his level 1 may be hard to hit with (for most people), so having the chance to try and hit with it again may make him a more accessible character. IF that is the case then I think Jak (and other characters with "hard to hit with" level 1's) should get the same treatment for level 1 supers aswell.

This is basically how it works: Sweet Tooth's level 1 super costs 100 AP to use while his level 2 costs 400 AP to use. Sweet Tooth's level 1 is the cheapest costing level 1 super in the game (tied with Heihachi). It is part of Sweet Tooth's strengths since his combo game is much more limited than other characters.

Jak's super on the otherhand costs 150 AP so it is a little more expensive for Jak. Jak with a 100 AP level 1 super might be a bit much though...

Jak is very good at "surviving" and moving around the map. His zoning game also limits the opponent's meter building abilities.

Message 3 of 8 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Splatteregg wrote:

I haven't played as Sweet Tooth since the beta, I remember him being like that back then too.

Also I heard he has an attack before he pulls off the level 1 to make it land easy, how do I pull that off?

Yeah, I don't mind him having this advantage as his level 1 isn't too easy to land and his level 2 is terrible, BUT other characters with hard to hit with level 1s should get the same advantage. Also I don't use Sweet Tooth much so I don't know about that set up.

Message 4 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Parappa can get 3 also!
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 5 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Mizukage-JP wrote:

This is basically how it works: Sweet Tooth's level 1 super costs 100 AP to use while his level 2 costs 400 AP to use. Sweet Tooth's level 1 is the cheapest costing level 1 super in the game (tied with Heihachi). It is part of Sweet Tooth's strengths since his combo game is much more limited than other characters.

Jak's super on the otherhand costs 150 AP so it is a little more expensive for Jak. Jak with a 100 AP level 1 super might be a bit much though...

Jak is very good at "surviving" and moving around the map. His zoning game also limits the opponent's meter building abilities.

I see, thanks for clearing that up. I agree that Jak with a 100 AP level one may be too much but maybe it could be lowered to around 120 AP or something?  It's so annoying having to build your AP bar ALL the way up again after missing with Jak's level 1 (which isn't hard to miss with). If Sweet Tooth doesn't have to go through the trouble of building his AP bar up again why should Jak? 

Jak does have good survival skills and movement BUT he also needs good offensive skills too (in terms of his level 1), or else those skills are useless (since he wont be able to kill as quickly as other characters).

Message 6 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Dec 14, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
Parappa can get 3 also!

I didn't know Parappa could get 3 aswell, that makes it even worse that Jak doesnt get the same treatment.

Message 7 of 8 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1603 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Splatteregg wrote:

neutral square in the air while they're on the ground then your super.

Message 8 of 8 (103 Views)
0 Likes