Highlighted
Dec 07 2012
By: TwistedAvenger Uncharted Territory 1622 posts

Supers.

8 replies 100 views Edited Dec 7, 2012
Ok before any one goes on saying how stupid this is or calling me a complainer here me out. This isn't meant to be a complaint just a suggestion. What if for level 1 and 2's you had the option to end it yourself. I mean take like Ratchets or Toro's level 1 if you miss with Ratchets your left wide open, and Toro does that little taint at the end that leaves him open for a bit. What would you guys think of being able to stop your super, like if you miss with Ratchets 1 and you know it you could interrupt it yourself to try and avoid take inch some punishment. I myself still don't know how good of an idea this is, I respect that if you miss a super it's your fault and your could be left open for a time. Also though I have had moments were I activate like Ratchets level 1 and everybody just moves to the other side of the map and ignores me, but just sit there and watch it go off. Has anyone had this happen and just been like "well I missed" and wanted to be able to cut it off yourself. I see both negatives an positives to this. What does everyone think?
Message 1 of 9 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Re: Supers.

Dec 7, 2012
I see why you'd want it, but thats the point. Its a risk and reward type of thing. When you hit R2, you're taking that risk that you will miss, and if you do, you should be punished for it by another player. Thats just how fighting games are.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 2 of 9 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:
I see why you'd want it, but thats the point. Its a risk and reward type of thing. When you hit R2, you're taking that risk that you will miss, and if you do, you should be punished for it by another player. Thats just how fighting games are.

I agree.  It's meant to be risky.  The only way to win in a game shouldn't be the safest thing you do.  It should be the riskiest.  It's like poker.  If you keep folding and playing safe, you will never win on a large scale.

Message 3 of 9 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 7, 2012

It's funny that you mention punishments. Seeing as how some charcters are punished more so than others.

Let's take Raiden for example, if he whiffs an attack he has such a quick recovery time that before you even have time to counters he's off in another combo. Where as other chracters miss an attack and, oh how they pay the price for it....

Message 4 of 9 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Vehks wrote:

It's funny that you mention punishments. Seeing as how some charcters are punished more so than others.

Let's take Raiden for example, if he whiffs an attack he has such a quick recovery time that before you even have time to counters he's off in another combo. Where as other chracters miss an attack and, oh how they pay the price for it....

I think it's hilarious how some people have said Ratchet's lvl 1 is overpowered because of how long it stays out.  I have always seen this as bein a disadvantage as well, if someone can sneak up on you and perform their own super, you are a sitting duck.

Message 5 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Dec 7, 2012

Vehks wrote:

I know. Thats why I despise Raiden. If you miss with square as Dante, he takes his sweet **bleep** time to recover and gets wrecked. Raiden needs a serious, serious nerf.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 6 of 9 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 7, 2012
I don't disagree that if you miss it's your problem and you should be able to be punished for it. What I mean is I guess for more or less ending animations like toros, or say if you use fat princesses 2 and don't do well, and just end it if you do bad. I mean for certain ones that have ending animations or delays where it's not really your choice but to be left wide open. Also for the Ratchet one I mentioned maybe a sort of detection for I guess the probability someone will attack you. Like I said I have had it where they just go to the other side of the map and I just get stuck watching it.
Message 7 of 9 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Honestly I didn't think about it for basic attacks, but yeah it does happen. For that though how would they fix it other than just changing the character to a point?
Message 8 of 9 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 7, 2012
If you miss it's your fault and you getting punished is your fault, but I worded it wrongly when I said I agree. To clarify I agree to a point, but if you know it's gonna happen and you fast enough to stop you super and avoid it I don't see how that would be unfair.
Message 9 of 9 (50 Views)
0 Likes