Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 06/04/2009
Offline
558 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012
This is so annoying! i tried to play 5 times today and the just ended because the Host quit.... ugh.... sore losers!

Message 11 of 24 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Huh, I didn't know Jim was with Destuctoid before The Escapist.
On topic, yes, host migration is a necessity. Any game that doesn't have it is-
yahtzee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 12 of 24 (173 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

dorkgeniuz21 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
You act as if they look at the forum. If you're really going to try to make a point, email them. That's how everybody who's gotten through has done so, myself included. Host Migration is definitely something that should be looked into, at least for ranked, but telling them here, let alone in that tone, will get nothing done.

And for the record, no changes will go through until the patch goes through the day the DLC comes out, so we'd have a few weeks without it regardless.

You must not do enough research and watch interviews.Omar Kendall said they do watch the forums.Anything between here,their email,Ign,their facebook & twitters as well as if you happen to see them at an event.At the Labeatdown Event I mentioned Pyramid Head to Omar before the game came out and he seemed positive about it, or biased none the less by stating"pyramid Heads a good character.To me that meant, not a bad idea, ill keep him in mind.The point is that however you feel about the game and what and who should be added or who should be nerfed etc, tell them however you can and they will listen or at least take note of how many are request said characters or featers.Infact, it was because of this very forum that Kat was put into the game as dlc and Seth Killian just recently said in an interview that they do have more characters on ther way, most of them that people on the forums wanted but he also stated they wouldnt be able to please everybody but we will be happy.


I've watched EVERY interview from E3 onward.  Seen every quote.  Find me an exact quote where he says that, because I don't recall one.  And even though they say one thing, you don't believe it for sure.  I've gotten more direct feedback from SuperBot in the past six months was via email.  There is one SuperBot account on this forum, and he's responded about five times to other people directly. Their reactions to people come on Facebook, Twitter, and emails, yes, but the forums are not a place they check more than once a month at the very most, and if they check even that much, it's only the front page for anything they're already looking at in-game.  I don't blame them, either, after what I've seen from these forums over the months.

 

They listen to fans, I'm not saying they don't - hell, I KNOW they do - but they rarely look here for feedback of any sort.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 13 of 24 (161 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4363 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012
^This can be a similar case for Naughty Dog with Uncharted community here for a year. The official forums aren't even the right place to contact developers. They were super busy with The Last of Us over last few months. Maybe Superbot are busy with something? Right now, it's the holidays.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 14 of 24 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
1859 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
You act as if they look at the forum. If you're really going to try to make a point, email them. That's how everybody who's gotten through has done so, myself included. Host Migration is definitely something that should be looked into, at least for ranked, but telling them here, let alone in that tone, will get nothing done.

And for the record, no changes will go through until the patch goes through the day the DLC comes out, so we'd have a few weeks without it regardless.

Dude, what is SuperBot's email?

Message 15 of 24 (134 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012

FredFai wrote:
^This can be a similar case for Naughty Dog with Uncharted community here for a year. The official forums aren't even the right place to contact developers. They were super busy with The Last of Us over last few months. Maybe Superbot are busy with something? Right now, it's the holidays.

I thought the ND staff was split, with half of the developers working on The Last of Us and the other completely focused on Uncharted 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 16 of 24 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012

Ndukauba wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
You act as if they look at the forum. If you're really going to try to make a point, email them. That's how everybody who's gotten through has done so, myself included. Host Migration is definitely something that should be looked into, at least for ranked, but telling them here, let alone in that tone, will get nothing done.

And for the record, no changes will go through until the patch goes through the day the DLC comes out, so we'd have a few weeks without it regardless.

Dude, what is SuperBot's email?


info@superbotentertainment.com is the email everybody uses.  It's the one I used in my thank-you email to SuperBot.  Normally you get a reply from somebody named John (or was it David?) who's really honest with you in his responses (though I got mine from Chan).  You can find it on their website.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 17 of 24 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 06/24/2011
Offline
4363 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

FredFai wrote:
^This can be a similar case for Naughty Dog with Uncharted community here for a year. The official forums aren't even the right place to contact developers. They were super busy with The Last of Us over last few months. Maybe Superbot are busy with something? Right now, it's the holidays.

I thought the ND staff was split, with half of the developers working on The Last of Us and the other completely focused on Uncharted 3.


Nope. They were in together, according to their Twitter. Right now, Evang, U3 QA manager, is working on The Last of Us. It's not The Last of Us. It's more of their preference. Maybe there was too many complaints to handle or too much confusion and disorganization back then. I remembered there was a huge technical issue that ND can't solve. The obvious answer was right here, but they looked in other places. It took long enough for them to look here. What a shame. They did read the forums, but probably once per a week. They did reply, but only on familiar topics or popular ones and to keep the community in control. That's my observation during my Uncharted career. 

 

When's the last time Superbot reply here?

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 18 of 24 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/21/2010
Offline
1735 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

Huh, I didn't know Jim was with Destuctoid before The Escapist.
On topic, yes, host migration is a necessity. Any game that doesn't have it is-
yahtzee


He is still the review editor at Destructoid and his video series is on the Escapist, so he actually works both

Message 19 of 24 (85 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
3716 posts
 

Re: Superbot, watch this

Dec 30, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Ndukauba wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
You act as if they look at the forum. If you're really going to try to make a point, email them. That's how everybody who's gotten through has done so, myself included. Host Migration is definitely something that should be looked into, at least for ranked, but telling them here, let alone in that tone, will get nothing done.

And for the record, no changes will go through until the patch goes through the day the DLC comes out, so we'd have a few weeks without it regardless.

Dude, what is SuperBot's email?


info@superbotentertainment.com is the email everybody uses.  It's the one I used in my thank-you email to SuperBot.  Normally you get a reply from somebody named John (or was it David?) who's really honest with you in his responses (though I got mine from Chan).  You can find it on their website.


i think you should make a thread telling people what Superbot's email is and get it stickied,

because although they do read the forums, they care a lot more about emails, and they'll respond...

Play For Fun!
Message 20 of 24 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes