Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Re: Superbot please nerf everything and make this game really boring

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

I think it's more to the fact that sackboy is largely powerful in a FFA environment, which majority play. In 2v2 in the right hands of the right team he CAN be good, but that's depending on the team.

Sackboy's metagame largely follows: How much attention are you putting towards him?

In a FFA he dominates due to the other three being involved in combos and such he can just sit in a corner and net AP like crazy (he has 3 targets to hit). Even if one of them or even TWO of them attempt to go in on Sackboy, the remaining will try to cash in on their loss of focus and disrupt them from doing so.

It's also not really so much that he builds his AP fast, but more concerned that his Level 3 is the (tied with 3 others) lowest to activate.

In fact, I think the only other 3 characters that have 600 AP to activate their Level 3 (opposed to the common 750 AP) are PaRappa, Toro, and Heihachi (all instant KOs, with no potential for more than what's on the screen). That's what also makes pepole say he needs to be nerfed (6 free KOs for the lowest AP cost in the game).

There's reasoning as to why the character needs to be a bit more balanced, though a lot of people complaining just state they need a nerf with very minor details and complaints.

As for Kratos, people just need to block more, his forward+Square is nulled by blocking.

~GL

EDIT: Forgot to put this:

In 1v1 matches he doesn't have anything to distract his opponents, so he's in huge trouble with probably all the characters in the game. Also you really shouldn't ever focus a Level 3 in a 1v1, that's just poor meter management (most of the time anyways).

#PrincessPowerhouse
#PrincessPowerhouse
Message 41 of 55 (93 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 30, 2012

1.i changed the topic when i mentioned spamming... welcome to a forum

2. you cant tell me you dont spam woth sackboy, its inevitable.

3. nice to see a common shoplifter!? haha

4. as i said before, there is no doubt, sackboy players spam, i am a blackbelt lvl 700 with sackboy, i know how it works.

5.doesnt matter, 1v1 can only be done through friends, and see'ing as sackboy only wins in FFA thats the only place we see him spam,ing and eventually winning, so yes, he will be nerfed, doesnt matter if he is bad at 1v1 (even thugh he really isnt) he doesnt allow other players in FFA a chance... he will be nerfed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 42 of 55 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 30, 2012
1. Lol... Hi!
2. I don't spam I use sevral different moves nearly all of them in a stock match soooo good one not inevitable
3. Haha you dump fu*k I never shoplifted in my life so again good one! I've never paid in dollars because I don't have need to LMAO
4. Don't care if you spam, your choice
5. Most of my matchs are 1v1 and I know there only with friends... Not a problem for me because I have friends to do it with

now I know why you get frustrated
Message 43 of 55 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 30, 2012

you use several different moves huh!? haha what cake,gew,cake,gew? lol! and dont get all mad bout the shoplifting this it was a joke, no need to get uptight....unless you really do shoplift... in that case find help. and learn to read, i dont spam cause i quite using sackboy. ....and dont get all personal about it bro, its a forum. Smiley Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 44 of 55 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Ok my bad and never shoplifted in my life and never bought out in dollars like I said, you said you paid 60 dollars for a game. No I don't.

when I play sackboy I use close moves, the grab flip, jet pack and 2hit punch is fairly effective I use the chip to prevent rushers like raiden and cake to prevent a TM from a combo.
I only play 1v1 + 2v2 so spamming for me isn't much of a option. If you nerf his moves that would make him weaker so why nerf for FFA when it will make him worse for another 2 different games
Message 45 of 55 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Nov 30, 2012

while you may use his moves correctly, a majority (allmost all) sackboy players use him to spam attackes, and that needs to be addressed.

Message 46 of 55 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 30, 2012
Well I don't know I use only mr b and sackboy and like I said 2v2 and I played around 8 hours overall yesterday and only came across MR b, raiden, Dante, nariko and jak that's the second time I've touched on online
Message 47 of 55 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 30, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
@Lx_Theo
The only thing I think would be good for his lvl 3 is to replicate raidens level 3 so you don't know where they are and you have to hunt them.

But his lvl 3 is kinda usless in a 2v2 or 1v1 because of the time to respawn. Especially on big maps like invasion or dreamscape

Yeah, that would be helpful, but people would rather see then simply not respawn in the bubbles.

Message 48 of 55 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 30, 2012
@lx_Theo

Agreed
Message 49 of 55 (56 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 30, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
@lx_Theo

Agreed

So... tell me if the Nerfs I suggested earlier would be unfair in your eyes...

Same thing for lvl 3. Respawn out of bubbles (or shorter timer)

and

Spam penalty, where if you use the cakinator more than two or three times in a row, the AP gain if halved until you use another move and it goes back to normal.

Message 50 of 55 (50 Views)
0 Likes