Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Re: Superbot is missing the point

Aug 16, 2012

_frogmanlego wrote:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

who cares what they look like,!! for god sakes drake from u2 looks fatter from u1 and you dont see me going thats not drake **bleep** this game im not gonna buy it blah blah blah.. heck COLE from infamous 2 is a different voice actor from infamous 1.. did i **bleep** and moan nooo did that stop me from buying the game nooo.. its still COLE MC GRATH , its STILL HENTATCHI ITS STIlL DANTE \, but people now a days only care about how something looks than how it actually is.. for example call of duty, it just has an extra tagline / number and the hordes go buy it when it 98% the exact same thing!!! and PS sweet tooth is not from the new one hes from black..
Heck im a huge jak 2 fan and we got the jak 3 version .. ok am i making thread after thread.. im probably the ONLY guy here who ha played EVERY PS EXCLUSIVE featured in this game, i have a right to **bleep** yet im not. SO ratchet dosent have his groovitron, bummer man but oh well its not gona ruin the game for me, But then again so many of you have no lives that you insist on **bleep** about it because you have nothing better to do. The point is to make a mash up game not to have it as playstation museum, if you want that go bu every game for every represented char. I sure as **bleep** have every single one .. and im not **bleep** because if i wanna play some DMC or some Tekken one il pop it into my ps3 ..

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

in response to you: I have played every game that these characters have been too. Most of my PS2-PS3 collection is PS exclusive. Yesterday everyone was complaining about Spike's model so I researched a bit and realized that pretty much everyone's model is ther newest versions. I never said it was a bad thing, I just didn't understand why they would always pick the newest version. Even as person who didn't particularly care for the original Devil May Cry, I agree that the Dante's are not the same. They were made by different developers, have different voice actors, different origin stories, different  personalities, different side characters, different occupations, and even live in different universes. Yes, this was supposed to be a mash-up game but it is supposed to be a "playstation museum" of sorts. This is the first thread I've made that wasn't just kissing SB's butt, and everyone  went ballistic. (Who I think are actually doing a good job, I was just pointing out some things that are as solid as the gameplay)

to everyone else: In no way was I being rude or disrespectful. I'm sorry if you took it that way, but that's your problem. I constantly said that the fighting system they created was great but every just insulted me about the character models issue instead. On that note, everyone can stop calling me an idiot. I know I'm not an idiot and you aren't going to convince me that I am. Also, either no one read the entire post or everyone agrees that the story mode as of now is really lacking.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 67 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Well we all know very little about the story so that is kind of a premature thing to complain about.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 67 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Aug 16, 2012

_OrderlyChaos87 wrote:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I would understand this thread more if he Superbot announced Spike and it wasn't a version of Spike at all. The fact that it didn't come from Ape Escape 1 doesn't mean that it isn't Spike. Sweet Tooth, Parappa, and Heihachi started out on PS1 regardless of the smodel that is being used.

So if they put it in Cloud what should he look like? KH Cloud? Because that wouldn't be PS1 Cloud. Advent Children Cloud? Because that wouldn't be PS1 Cloud. Oh wait, it still is Cloud. Yes models change over time, some drastically, but they are still the character. Some won't be popular like the new crash or new spyro. Same with Sora if they did Dream Drop Distance Sora that would be Nintendo Sora not PS Sora. I understand that you had preferences with models and ways characters would play, I wanted Ratchet's level 3 to be the Groovitron but it isn't and that is ok.

Pretty much what this game boils down to is the same as when you read a book and then see the movie version. When you read a book you are the director, you envision it in your head and then for you that is the BEST way for that to look, feel, draw an emotional reaction, because in a way you are in charge and then when you see the movie it wasn't how you imagined it so you are already biased and it isn't as good because it isn't your vision. We might get PSP Sir Dan, Skylander Spyro, whatever the newest version of Crash is, and it might night be what we imagined but we would still get those characters and Superbot would do their best to make sure they feel like a conglomeration of what we know and love.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was just curious as to why Superbot chose the most recent model of a character over the most recognizable.I never said it had to be the oldest version either. It just makes more sense to have the version everyone knows as the main and the lesser known ones as alternates. Some people assume I'm just trashing the game, but I'm not. I'm still pre-ordering the game, and I'm having a blast with the beta. Also, I 100% agree with the director analogy.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 67 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Aug 16, 2012

I understand your qualms as well. I just see it as wow spike is in the game regardless if i played million monkeys. as long as they are represented i am fine. even if it is skylanders spyro or new crash. and along the terms of dante, yes it is a new dante but again it is capcom saying if you want dante it has to be the new model. if its an all or nothing than i am fine with new dante because if dante wasn't in then people would be **bleep** and be like superbot doesn't care about us at all when the true story is capcom would only allow the new model and we felt it wasn't in the fan's best interest. and all the fans want that response because it is honest but if Superbot did that well Capcom would be **bleep** because they would be thrown under the bus and cut all ties with Sony and Sony would cut eliminate Superbot and then a sequel would be less likely to be made because of the bad press. It is a balance between fan service and business service. a very hard balance to make.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 67 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

I not complaining about the actual story other than the whole tournament thing, which has been played out in a ton of fighting games.

I'm mainly being critical of the story mode being an arcade mode because, growing up I was a huge fighting game fan and I played every one I could get my hands on. Speaking from experience, having an arcade style mode for the story mode is underwhelming. There is only so much story you can tell with 30 or so 45 second clips and this has been done over and over again. Hence, why Tekken and other fighting games are trying to move away from it.

Edit: I was super excited when they confirmed Spike. Now I'm just waiting to see Sir Dan in action.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 67 (120 Views)
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Just to annoy people

parrapa was on the psp so he is not a ps1 character.  

Also at the end of the day the game is on the newest generation (ps3 and vita)

sirdan cropwidth="500" height="200">
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 67 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Looking back at my original post, i think my topic was a little overly pessimistic. I should have made it a question: Is Superbot missing the point? But it got peoples' attention anyway. I'm  not asking anyone to agree with me either, I just posted some information that I wanted to share. The character models are ultimately up to Superbot,it's just surprising to see the pattern of them choosing the most recent versions of almost everyone. I completely stand by my critique of the only confirmed story mode so far however. The story mode not the story itself. An arcade story mode is such a limiting format to try to present a full story with.  The only thing we know about the story so far is that something is gathering them all there to fight. Which most likely means a tournament of sorts. Another very limiting factor for the story. I'll just continue holding out that they have more than one story mode. 

Thanks to all the people who actually commented with more than just "you're an idiot". If you had an issue with my post, you replied with something that was more than just a mere insult, and had some compelling arguments, even some that I agreed with too. 

To everyone else...you're an idiot  :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 67 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1796 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Doomstadt_Marc wrote:

Looking back at my original post, i think my topic was a little overly pessimistic. I should have made it a question: Is Superbot missing the point? But it got peoples' attention anyway. I'm  not asking anyone to agree with me either, I just posted some information that I wanted to share. The character models are ultimately up to Superbot,it's just surprising to see the pattern of them choosing the most recent versions of almost everyone. I completely stand by my critique of the only confirmed story mode so far however. The story mode not the story itself. An arcade story mode is such a limiting format to try to present a full story with.  The only thing we know about the story so far is that something is gathering them all there to fight. Which most likely means a tournament of sorts. Another very limiting factor for the story. I'll just continue holding out that they have more than one story mode. 

Thanks to all the people who actually commented with more than just "you're an idiot". If you had an issue with my post, you replied with something that was more than just a mere insult, and had some compelling arguments, even some that I agreed with too. 

To everyone else...you're an idiot  :smileywink:

I hate not knowing, what am i condidered and why?

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 67 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Aug 16, 2012

@quickfire:

I really liked your post because you made valid points against my argument, while also being willing to agree with me  on some things as well. You also used a disclaimer correctly, unlike some who use a disclaimer to hurl insults. 

I was mainly just joking with the "idiot" thing because there are some people who only posted "you're an idiot" or some other variation without even explaining why. If I'm an idiot, I want to know why.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 67 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
935 posts

Aug 16, 2012
If this was a game just to promote then we wouldn't have gotten big daddy instead a bioshock infinite character since the original bioshock was late to ps3
www.facebook.com/SonyTitleFight
 photo 893036_607240892638255_764515088_o1_zpsdc2e5a86.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 67 (69 Views)
0 Likes