Touché musicfreak...touché.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 81 of 102 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2913 posts

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

Launch Roster:20+No Unlockable Characters=DLC characters.

The only way there would be more than 20 on November 20th is if they're lying which I highly doubt.

Message 82 of 102 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Oct 14, 2012

I don't think anyone realizes that they will not be announcing more characters before the game is out, but when we get the game it most likely have more than 20 characters. Not unlockables because they clearly stated no unlockable characters but, just characters in the game apart of the roster.

Message 83 of 102 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 14, 2012

wow...this forum has gotten ridiculous

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 84 of 102 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 14, 2012
I said the people that put others down for saying they think there's more than 20 will feel stupid. Clearly, I'm making a point here. We have not gotten official word that this 20 is our final roster on disk. They just called it the launch roster. They've all called it the launch roster. The launch roster is just what we've got launch day. The game could come with those 4 other characters, but just as free downloads day-one. Or they could be secret characters. It isn't abnormal for a game developer to fib to surprise their fans. Seriously. If you don't like that there might be 20+, don't put everyone else down for it.
Message 85 of 102 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 14, 2012
They confirmed it to those people in attendance during the NYCC tournament that this is the final roster on disc. DLC is planned to be announced 2 weeks after at VGA to be released early next year (Jan-Feb). Will you stop now, this is getting ridiculous.
Message 86 of 102 (153 Views)
Wastelander
625 posts

Oct 14, 2012
^ This because I was actually there when they said it, with a microphone, to everyone in attendance there. So can this stop? I believe 20 is final is final ON DISC. Omar and others have said over and over again that the 20 will be launch characters and there are no unlockable characters. The only unlockables are minions, belt, and anything else you get from playing the game or leveling up (idk how it works :l) DLC is possible and will add to the roster in the future. This information comes from official announcements that we've been hearing for the past month. I don't get why anyone would doubt them?
Message 87 of 102 (139 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 14, 2012
At first it was fine to speculate, when nothing was set in stone and the only person to actually talk about roster count were Sid Shuman and Paul Gale, but officials have spoken, outright confirmed 20 as the FINAL ON DISC ROSTER, not just 'launch', get over that now and move on. It's a great game being belittled due to the constant obsessing over more characters, which is doing nothing but raising people's expectations and making the game come across as incomplete to those who view this site from a casual perspective, seeing 90% of the threads based on speculating character reveals.

You don't have to apologise like you promised on the OP KirkAman, but please just shut up and get over the roster now.
Message 88 of 102 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 15, 2012

What launch roster implies is DLC, and that's what I don't like about it. Those characters should be in the freakin game.

The DLC will get them some extra revenue down the line when the price drops, but I wish they'd just include whatever characters they've got lined up for day one DLC, IN the game, and then they can just make some more later on for said price drop.

Or, maybe there is no day one DLC at all. In which case there's not much point in pre-ordering. Might as well wait until the game is truly complete.

Message 89 of 102 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Oct 15, 2012
I wouldn't look too far into this
Message 90 of 102 (96 Views)
0 Likes