Fender Bender
3716 posts

Re: Superbot Keeps Calling It the "Launch Roster"

Oct 14, 2012

Prent62 wrote:

RedWaltz79 wrote:

KirkAnam wrote:

cheez737 wrote:

It's been stated multiple times in this thread that there are NO unlockable characters. It was confirmed by Omar. Unless SuperBot is lying, 20 characters is all we're getting at launch. 

David Jaffe has also stated there wasn't going to be a God of War 3.....

Rocky also said there wouldn't be a rematch at the end of Rocky 1; times and circumstances change things.  However, there is a big difference between saying there won't be a sequel of a game in the future and every dev for a game saying that there would only be 20 launch characters for a game releasing in a month.

Jaffe confirmed there was no new Twisted Metal a month before it was announced at E3. Jaffe worked at Santa Monica.

best. surprise. ever. of all time...

Play For Fun!
Message 61 of 102 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 14, 2012

kudos

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 62 of 102 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 14, 2012

inb4 sh*tstorm

oh wait...

Message 63 of 102 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Too late, the air is filled with **bleep**.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 64 of 102 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 14, 2012
conclusion. 20 is not the final roster. final on disc? yes. final? no.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 65 of 102 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
No one ever said 20 was the final roster - whenever people say 20 is it, they mean for on disc / before launch character reveals.
Message 66 of 102 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 14, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

Paul Gale knew the game existed before it was even revealed.
He knew of all 20 characters before they were revealed, even obscure ones like Big Daddy and Toro.

He knows who the final boss is.

He knows how the game's story mode plays out.
He knew basically all the modes and other details before they were announced.

But when it comes to 4 more characters, man he's a liar and doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm going with what Paul Gale says. He obviously knows what the game holds. Superbot has their own set of plans. To say there are no unlockables could just be a lie. It's not like game developers have ever lied before to surprise their fans before......?

If I can't speculate about their being more characters, then you have to stop telling people their wrong and that there isn't. This is a public forum for a videogame. Speculation is welcome.

I'll tell ya what, Cap'n Kirk.  I believe Paul Gale.  But Paul Gale is not SuperBot.  He has never worked for SuperBot.  Hell, his source doesn't even work for SuperBot.  So PG has a middleman who himself has a middleman.  So while I believe that all the information PG has receieved has been true, I also think that it is highly possible that circumstances have changed in the process.  I think that the beta leak changed the whole marketing strategy of the game, and the four big characters had to be removed and changed to DLC in order to maintain good terms with other companies.  Like others have said before me, I am so happy with the characters this game has to offer Smiley Happy If there are more, AWESOME!  If there aren't, I feel exactly the same as I do now: appreciative that SuperBot and Sony came together and made a game I've been dreaming about since I was a child.

Message 67 of 102 (112 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
That was tear worthy musicfreak, kudos.
Message 68 of 102 (106 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Here's what one of the forum members in attendance at the PSABR tournament during NYCC posted - 'Um they usually stood away from saying anything about DLC but now they outright said 20 characters on disc with DLC characters and stages afterwards.'

That pretty much debunks this whole thread, so we can let it die now.
Message 69 of 102 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 14, 2012

There was something someone had posted somewhere, I don't remember where, but it was the best speculation I've read. He stated that he thinks Superbot took the data of the 4 next characters out of the new beta, and is going to make them day-one free DLC (which will also serve has a stand against pre-owned games.) So not only will they technically be in the launch roster, but they won't be leaked.

Message 70 of 102 (84 Views)
0 Likes